Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Matthews, Marner, Nylander aren't dumb enough to do something like this, it's only some dusty 3rd/4th line plug that does nonsense like this.

Anybody that has played Hockey at any decent level knows all teams would've responded the same way.

Not even remotely close to as bad as what Grieg did and yet Crosby of all people goes after him.

No one is whining about Rielly going after Greig. The normal response would have been going for shoves or challenging him to a fight. Not an obvious attempt to injure with a crosscheck to the head. Not only that, it's after the whistle and an attempt on a goalie. Not an attempt at a goal. It's ridiculous that I have to explain this.

Reactions: cptjeff

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Told us what ?
I think Sens fans are extremely happy how this played out - beat a rival team, showed them up a bit, had a good laugh at the funny moment, saw the Leafs team and their fans lose their minds, and saw a rival team lose their best defenseman, deservedly, for 5 games. Ridley Greig is an absolute rockstar.
Leafs are 4-0 since then, meanwhile the Sens are last in the division and bottom 5 overall. I'm sure Sens fans are extremely happy with how this played out :laugh: but at least you have Greig the rockstar!

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
Told us what ?

Leafs are 4-0 since then, meanwhile the Sens are last in the division and bottom 5 overall. I'm sure Sens fans are extremely happy with how this played out :laugh: but at least you have Greig the rockstar!
Maybe you should trade Rielly. Clearly you're better without him.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Leafs brass embarrassing themselves trying to legitimately make the argument to the league that Rielly was justified to cross check a player in the face because of a perceived slight.

Talk about an entitled franchise. Parroted the crap logic from Toronto sports media and got shut down in hilarious fashion.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Matthews, Marner, Nylander aren't dumb enough to do something like this, it's only some dusty 3rd/4th line plug that does nonsense like this.

Anybody that has played Hockey at any decent level knows all teams would've responded the same way.

Not even remotely close to as bad as what Grieg did and yet Crosby of all people goes after him.

Was that a headshot? was it after a goal? if Rielly did something like that he wouldn't have been suspended and the Leafs owners wouldn't have be on a mission to justify it. Im glad it was upheld. He deserves every game.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
I STILL can't understand how this wasn't considered as bad as Perron's.
rielly.png
Official NHL position is that Rielly's wasn't as forceful

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Lol Ridley Greig will be a captain or at least an assistant before his NHL career is done.

Every NHL team would love to have him. That's how he is seen.
Totally could be the case about captain or alternate.

And I’d agree that teams would love to have him.

Not sure what that has to do with acting like a dick and doing things that your teammates wouldn’t like or encourage. But whatever floats your boat.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Told us what ?

Sens are bottom of the conference. We do not care about Toronto.
This is the second time this season a player has crosschecked one our players in the head.
We want that player suspended, regardless of which team they play for.
Suspension was upheld. We are happy. The system worked.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Leafs brass embarrassing themselves trying to legitimately make the argument to the league that Rielly was justified to cross check a player in the face because of a perceived slight.

Talk about an entitled franchise. Parroted the crap logic from Toronto sports media and got shut down in hilarious fashion.
The entire Canadian sports establishment embarrassed themselves. Not just the ones owned by Rogers and Bell. Trying to justify the headshot after a goal was scored on an unsuspecting player for taking a snapshot in an open net is just downright shameful.

They started immediately afterward trying to justify it, and people like Bieksa, Chris Johnson, Jeff Marek and Elliott Friedman should be embarrassed about the takes they have spewed on this. It's not surprising though when you realize that Bell and rogers own a 37.5% stake in the Maple leafs. I can't take them seriously anymore, especially after all the crying of what happened to John Tavares knee to the head on a clean play with a player trying to avoid him. Instead you have them trying to justify Rielly hunting down Grieg after a goal using his stick as a weapon that ended up hitting his head after a whistle while celebrating. They've lost all credibility in my eyes.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Totally could be the case about captain or alternate.

And I’d agree that teams would love to have him.

Not sure what that has to do with acting like a dick and doing things that your teammates wouldn’t like or encourage. But whatever floats your boat.

oh no greig was a dick to his team's historic rivals. his teammates are probably so pissed at him.

how dare he shoot at a leafs empty net too hard!

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007

Classic garbage from this generation. Not once did Leafs “brass” say anything about a cross check to the “face” being “justified”

This is the crap that has to be invented to justify a follow up of virtue signalling statements where people use terms like “entitlement”

Hahaha

I hope you’re a young adult sens fan and not some adult leafs hater. Childish opinions are normal. Where adults talking with this rhetoric is scary

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
Maybe try focusing on getting out of the bottom 5 before talking about what to add for the playoffs
maybe try accomplishing something before throwing shade, but i get it i get it. you guys won a round in the playoffs
Classic garbage from this generation. Not once did Leafs “brass” say anything about a cross check to the “face” being “justified”

This is the crap that has to be invented to justify a follow up of virtue signalling statements where people use terms like “entitlement”

Hahaha

I hope you’re a young adult sens fan and not some adult leafs hater. Childish opinions are normal. Where adults talking with this rhetoric is scary
Keefe's response when asked about the hit was "I thought it was appropriate" if that doesn't say he thought it was justified im not sure what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad