Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The league gave the fifth game so that the Leafs could get a nice winning streak going.
Im fine for the suspension at 5 games I wont bitch about it if the appeal even gets rejected but be nice for DPoS to have some consistency.

it's a crapshoot for what these players will receive and at times it feels like they pick and choose which franchises to punish more than others.

Toronto isn't alone on this but Toronto usually gets the shorter end of the stick

Reactions: BLONG7

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Im fine for the suspension at 5 games I wont bitch about it if the appeal even gets rejected but be nice for DPoS to have some consistency.

it's a crapshoot for what these players will receive and at times it feels like they pick and choose which franchises to punish more than others.

Toronto isn't alone on this but Toronto usually gets the shorter end of the stick
I agree that the DoPS is stupidly random. And they need consistency.

As the lynchpin of the NHL, I’d have figured that the Leafs would stop playing the victim card. Can’t have it both ways.

Reactions: AzHawk and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
is it fair? what's the extra game for? 4 games seems fair to me.

1 game suspension

zero games

this is the one that looks worse and got 4 games not that long ago

so what is the 5th game? DPoS is all over the place on these

Yes, they are.........
So, is Reilly thinking he should get 4 and not 5? As we progress with headshots, the league is not getting through to these kids, so could it be something to do with that?
I don't know?
Could have someone else on the ice stood up and sent a message? Or is that the problem, they never do so Reilly thought it was on him?

I see it in an unbiased way, disliking both teams equally, and 5 games seems fair.............if Chabot did it to say, a Kampf type player, you would think it was 5 games for Chabot...

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
1 should say loved there was A response not THE response.
3 is a rather pitiful reach. Narratives already being written over savior Reilly leading the coach and players to rally?
I agree with the first one. I didn't love the response - I also don't love the suspension.
#3 isn't true all. People are happy that the team is rallying around Rielly. They counter the Greig cost the Leafs the playoffs wishful thinking.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
how do you post this shit while simultaneously arguing against the consequences that Rielly is facing. Cross checking opponents in the head after a goal is a detriment to hockey and shows a lack of respect for opponents, officials, coaches, etc.
How do you post your shit? Is the real question. You just don't agree with my opinion. Besides, I haven't argued that there should be no consequences, rather, the consequence didn't fit the reaction. Of course, Rielly crossed the line. The fact that he was provoked into it by Greig's disrespectful behaviour plays into it. I think he should have dropped the gloves. He crossed the line and deserves a fine. In sum, Crosschecks to the head should punished. Furthermore, taunting and disrespectful, unprofessional bush league behaviour should have been bred out of the game in minor hockey. I know Greig is just a kid, but I am sure he will learn.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
How do you post your shit? Is the real question. You just don't agree with my opinion. Besides, I haven't argued that there should be no consequences, rather, the consequence didn't fit the reaction. Of course, Rielly crossed the line. The fact that he was provoked into it by Greig's disrespectful behaviour plays into it. I think he should have dropped the gloves. He crossed the line and deserves a fine. In sum, Crosschecks to the head should punished. Furthermore, taunting and disrespectful, unprofessional bush league behaviour should have been bred out of the game in minor hockey. I know Greig is just a kid, but I am sure he will learn.
You can’t use ‘unwritten rules’ to justify violating actual written rules.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I agree that the DoPS is stupidly random. And they need consistency.

As the lynchpin of the NHL, I’d have figured that the Leafs would stop playing the victim card. Can’t have it both ways.
well if you can explain with something that makes sense why Leafs players always get extra games I'm down to have my mind changed. even Spezza got 6 games for his first offense in like the final season of his career. so I mean Im open to have my mind changed but just saying I'm pulling the victim card doesn't really help prove me wrong

Strangle

May 4, 2009

There’s no way I’m letting a no name piece of shit rookie on one of the worst teams in the league taunt me because they actually one a game.

Go out and win more games and it won’t feel like an empty net goal is your Stanley cup

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yes, they are.........
So, is Reilly thinking he should get 4 and not 5? As we progress with headshots, the league is not getting through to these kids, so could it be something to do with that?
I don't know?
Could have someone else on the ice stood up and sent a message? Or is that the problem, they never do so Reilly thought it was on him?

I see it in an unbiased way, disliking both teams equally, and 5 games seems fair.............if Chabot did it to say, a Kampf type player, you would think it was 5 games for Chabot...
I see no reason why something more serious got less games. Evans got taken out on a stretcher and still Scheifele got less games. makes no sense

Reactions: BLONG7

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You can’t use ‘unwritten rules’ to justify violating actual written rules.
Greig violated the unwritten rule Rielly violated a written rule - he got a 5 game suspension for it. I think it was too much. I think he should have been fined.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Some of you guys are truly hurt over this.

Law doesn’t prevent anything, it’s there to hold people accountable for their actions and attempt to maintain a just society. I was just trying to shed light on why an adult-male, elite athlete may respond irrationally to being taunted.

This is a sport, this has nothing to do with law. This happens in hockey. The kid will be fine, just a tough lesson to learn on live TV.

Not hurt at all, we just find amazing that somehow, some of you wants to defend that crosscheck to the face
Seems like an easy open-and-close case to me

What's the adult-male, elite athlete prove is that he's a dumbass

Law or "rules" must be upheld, it's simple as that, that "tough lesson" has no place to be given, even if Reilly is realy big mad because Greig's an asshole

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Greig violated the unwritten rule Rielly violated a written rule - he got a 5 game suspension for it. I think it was too much. I think he should have been fined.
Tom Wilson crosschecked Buchnevich in the neck and held him down by his stick across the neck as he was on the ground and only got a fine too.

I mean sure Rielly likely does deserve the suspension maybe not 5 games but he did deserve the suspension

but how can Wilson get away with what he did without a single game with his track record in the NHL.

DPoS is a joke

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Not hurt at all, we just find amazing that somehow, some of you wants to defend that crosscheck to the face
Seems like an easy open-and-close case to me

What's the adult-male, elite athlete prove is that he's a dumbass

Law or "rules" must be upheld, it's simple as that, that "tough lesson" has no place to be given, even if Reilly is realy big mad because Greig's an asshole

Rielly might have had ‘welcome to the NHL’ written on his shaft and just wanted to show whatever his name is.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Tom Wilson crosschecked Buchnevich in the neck and held him down by his stick across the neck as he was on the ground and only got a fine too.

I mean sure Rielly likely does deserve the suspension maybe not 5 games but he did deserve the suspension

but how can Wilson get away with what he did without a single game with his track record in the NHL.

DPoS is a joke
Like, I just wrote to the other poster, in my opinion he deserved a fine.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

DPoS is a joke
I don’t think that anyone disputes that the DoPS is terribly random. I’d argue that some stuff deserves more penalty. You’ll argue that other stuff is worse. Ok. Inconsistency with the DoPS is the only consistency that the league has.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I really hope the NHL doesn’t go the way of the NFL with all their non-spontaneous bullshit antics and acting after ever. God. Damned. Play.

I love football, but NFL players are so f***ing annoying with their cringey shit

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I really hope the NHL doesn’t go the way of the NFL with all their non-spontaneous bullshit antics and acting after ever. God. Damned. Play.

I love football, but NFL players are so f***ing annoying with their cringey shit
At least they don’t tackle someone for celebrating.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I find it’s hilarious that you called it a detriment to hockey. The perceived disrespect followed by retribution is the actual detriment. It’s what has lead to some of the worst incidents in NHL history. Not to compare this incident to Mcsorely or Bertuzzi, what do you think preceded those incidents. Perceived disrespect and the desire for retribution.

Reactions: AzHawk

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

They did try to be stricter with the taunting penalties the last couple of of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad