Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Paraphrasing Jordan Peterson here, there’s always a threat (speaking specifically when men interact with other men) of getting punched in the face. Like it or not, this is true in males from the beginning of time to this very day.

Also, cause and effect. Act like fool, get treated as such. Regardless if you and I agree that the cross-check was warranted or not - Morgan Rielly interpreted it as disrespectful, and here we are.

The cross check doesn’t happen without the trolling.
Some would like to think that humanity has evolved beyond cavemen.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Paraphrasing Jordan Peterson here, there’s always a threat (speaking specifically when men interact with other men) of getting punched in the face. Like it or not, this is true in males from the beginning of time to this very day.

Also, cause and effect. Act like fool, get treated as such. Regardless if you and I agree that the cross-check was warranted or not - Morgan Rielly interpreted it as disrespectful, and here we are.

The trolling doesn’t happen without Reilly giving up on the play and just coasting.

Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa

So that makes it okay?

Jordan Peterson is an idiot.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Some would like to think that humanity has evolved beyond cavemen.
Well “crazy cizikas”, I’ve got some news for you…

I don’t think we need to dig into how humanity has evolved over the past centuries to understand why acting disrespectful towards someone may open up the possibility of someone being irrational in their response. That’s just life.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Well “crazy cizikas”, I’ve got some news for you…

I don’t think we need to dig into how humanity has evolved over the past centuries to understand why acting disrespectful towards someone may open up the possibility of someone being irrational in their response. That’s just life.
Do you punch random people if they make you feel uncomfortable?

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
So that makes it okay?

Jordan Peterson is an idiot.
Depends on your opinion I guess. Some people are entirely ok with the idea that if you’re disrespectful towards someone that opens the door for you to receive that same treatment.

Jordan Peterson is an idiot? You may not agree with him, but he’s certainly not an idiot..

It certainly depends on what you mean by uncomfortable, crazy cizikas.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
Depends on your opinion I guess. Some people are entirely ok with the idea that if you’re disrespectful towards someone that opens the door for you to receive that same treatment.

Jordan Peterson is an idiot? You may not agree with him, but he’s certainly not an idiot..
No one is saying that Reilly couldn’t slap-shot a puck into an empty met. But how is that the same treatment as cross-checking someone in the head?

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017

I think he's an idiot too.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Too bad for Reilly and Jordan f***ing Peterson that we live in a society that believe in the rule of law, that prevent that type of shit

That same rule of law probably prevented Tkachuck or some other Senaturds Goons to put their hands on Bitch Marner in retaliation/escalation

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

Fine. Do you punch random people in the head regardless of non-violent acts that the may have committed?

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
I dunno it just is. one of the unwritten rules. I didnt make it up. just how the NHL is. its an emotional fueled game and it pisses players off. pissing players off results alot of the time in really stupid things.
its one of those situations.

NHL players aren't children. They don't get a pass on crosschecking people in the head just because that person shot the puck harder than they should have.

Reactions: BLONG7 and AzHawk

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I do think Reilly's action was hostile and negative. There's kids watching, gonna learn that it's okay to cross check someone in the head if they hurt your feelings on the ice. A detriment to hockey.
They wouldn't learn that. However, they will learn not to taunt people or try to show up a team. Those actions have consequences and sometimes people cross the line. They will also learn that sportsmanship is integral, and that two wrongs don't make a right.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
NHL players aren't children. They don't get a pass on crosschecking people in the head just because that person shot the puck harder than they should have.
Oh cool man, I just dont understand where exactly I disagreed and thought Rielly should have been given a pass. I have said multiple times he deserves to be suspended. but doesnt mean that Greig didnt deserve a response but hey I mean thanks for the reply pal

Reactions: Bust and BLONG7

zoA

Mar 23, 2010

Must be nice to live a privileged life where somehow the concept of actions having consequences doesn’t exist for you. Obviously a stick to the head isn’t the right consequence, but when you disrespect someone, you have to be prepared for their response. Comes across as entitled and narcissistic when you think you can just do whatever you want to others without having to face some sort of response.

You talk about humans evolving as if the entire world is exactly like a gated community in North America. Maybe travel a bit and realize that the world isn’t as safe and comfy as whatever prep school you went to.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
how is it over dramatic?

Ridley and the Sens outwork and beat the Morgan and the leafs, Ridley puts an exclamation point on the WIN!

Morgan proceeds to be an entitled sore loser and assault a fellow union member in the head with a weapon as a result.
Ottawa won fair and square they were the better team on the night. It is the the disrespect for the other team. A team of fellow union members. Reilly, who didn't have a weapon, took exception and crossed the line and he should have been fined not suspended.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Too bad for Reilly and Jordan f***ing Peterson that we live in a society that believe in the rule of law, that prevent that type of shit

That same rule of law probably prevented Tkachuck or some other Senaturds Goons to put their hands on Bitch Marner in retaliation/escalation
Some of you guys are truly hurt over this.

Law doesn’t prevent anything, it’s there to hold people accountable for their actions and attempt to maintain a just society. I was just trying to shed light on why an adult-male, elite athlete may respond irrationally to being taunted.

This is a sport, this has nothing to do with law. This happens in hockey. The kid will be fine, just a tough lesson to learn on live TV.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Must be nice to live a privileged life where somehow the concept of actions having consequences doesn’t exist for you. Obviously a stick to the head isn’t the right consequence, but when you disrespect someone, you have to be prepared for their response. Comes across as entitled and narcissistic when you think you can just do whatever you want to others without having to face some sort of response.

You talk about humans evolving as if the entire world is exactly like a gated community in North America. Maybe travel a bit and realize that the world isn’t as safe and comfy as whatever prep school you went to.
well it has to do with the leafs so all logic gets thrown out the window

Reactions: nturn06 and BLONG7

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

Aren’t people whining about his suspension doing exactly that?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Oh cool man, I just dont understand where exactly I disagreed and thought Rielly should have been given a pass. I have said multiple times he deserves to be suspended. but doesnt mean that Greig didnt deserve a response but hey I mean thanks for the reply pal
He did deserve a response.................someone should have dropped the mits with him.
Crosscheck to the head is a big no! If he had knocked the clown from the Sens out, and put him in a coma, could we have another Bertuzzi incident?
5 games is fair....

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place

That’s a lot of assumptions about me. I’ll start your contemplation by letting you know that I went to public school in NY.

Reactions: AzHawk

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
He did deserve a response.................someone should have dropped the mits with him.
Crosscheck to the head is a big no! If he had knocked the clown from the Sens out, and put him in a coma, could we have another Bertuzzi incident?
5 games is fair....
is it fair? what's the extra game for? 4 games seems fair to me.

1 game suspension

zero games

this is the one that looks worse and got 4 games not that long ago

so what is the 5th game? DPoS is all over the place on these

Reactions: BLONG7

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
is it fair? what's the extra game for? 4 games seems fair to me.

1 game suspension

zero games

this is the one that looks worse and got 4 games not that long ago

so what is the 5th game? DPoS is all over the place on these

The league gave the fifth game so that the Leafs could get a nice winning streak going.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
They wouldn't learn that. However, they will learn not to taunt people or try to show up a team. Those actions have consequences and sometimes people cross the line. They will also learn that sportsmanship is integral, and that two wrongs don't make a right.

how do you post this shit while simultaneously arguing against the consequences that Rielly is facing. Cross checking opponents in the head after a goal is a detriment to hockey and shows a lack of respect for opponents, officials, coaches, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad