Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
But I'm positive I read in the earlier thread(s) that Rielly was not only the best Leafs defenseman but also the de facto Captain of the team? Pure heart and soul and such and such. "Finally someone showed some guts" was the overall response when he attempted to knock out an underage rookie over an empty net goal.

Now I'm wondering how Treliving will manage to dump BOTH Reilly and Tavaras as apparently now the 'overall' team seems to exceed in the absence of their 'leadership'. Should be a fun deadline/offseason in Toronto.
At least you tried.

You know teams can rally around an event right? Not some obscure concept lmao.

Again, THANK YOU GREIG! You may have single handedly turned the leafs season around!

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
At least you tried.

You know teams can rally around an event right? Not some obscure concept lmao.

Again, THANK YOU GREIG! You may have single handedly turned the leafs season around!
An "Event" we're calling it now? lol Ok. You think Treliving, Barry, et all are all out flying to New York in person to defend "an Event?" Think about all the money that is going into the 'defence' of this inexcusable act. Gotta think ×5 or more of what Rielly is losing in actual salary. Now why do you think that is?

You'd think the Leafs would simply take the shot to the jaw (lol) and playout the suspension as handed down. And yet here we are. Causing a ruckus in the NHL 'sphere.' But why?

The answer(s) may intrigue you...

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
An "Event" we're calling it now? lol Ok. You think Treliving, Barry, et all are all out flying to New York in person to defend "an Event?" Think about all the money that is going into the 'defence' of this inexcusable act. Gotta think ×5 or more of what Rielly is losing in actual salary. Now why do you think that is?

You'd think the Leafs would simply take the shot to the jaw (lol) and playout the suspension as handed down. And yet here we are. Causing a ruckus in the NHL 'sphere.' But why?

Because they can. The PA is the one appealing btw the Leafs don’t have any say in this.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Why should they take "the shot to the jaw" as you call it? It was 5 games too many for a suspension.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't really get the appeal - what can he possibly be appealing?

There's rarely in hockey history been a hit so obviously not accidental as this one. Most appeals are usually about "I didn't mean it, it was an accident, I hit him wrong" - what's he gonna say "he pissed me off and deserved the hit, so I should only get 3 games?"

NHL already ruled that the hit is deserving of 5 games. I really don't get why they would change their mind.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

There's rarely in hockey history been a hit so obviously not accidental as this one. Most appeals are usually about "I didn't mean it, it was an accident, I hit him wrong" - what's he gonna say "he pissed me off and deserved the hit, so I should only get 3 games?"

NHL already ruled that the hit is deserving of 5 games. I really don't get why they would change their mind.
The NHLPA is appealing the suspension. Often, the result comes after thd time has been served if there is any reduction and the player gets money back.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'm gunna laugh so much if they reduce it by a game for being so bush league and leaking the number to the media before the actual player/team.

You know the Leafs arent happy about that and will be reaming Bettman about it today.

The NHLPA is appealing the suspension. Often, the result comes after thd time has been served if there is any reduction and the player gets money back.
Not this time though! for some reason Bettman decided not to drag his feet and the meeting is today.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I'm gunna laugh so much if they reduce it by a game for being so bush league and leaking the number to the media before the actual player/team.

You know the Leafs arent happy about that and will be reaming Bettman about it today.

Not this time though! for some reason Bettman decided not to drag his feet and the meeting is today.
Yeah, but he doesn't have give his decision tomorrow does he?

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto

I would say an appeal makes sense given that the large sum of what DOPS hands out is far less than this

Earlier this year Trouba took a 5k fine for violently and intentionally swinging his stick and at opponents head and he has suspension history

Basically no precedent from DOPS history would support this length for Rielly

Reactions: Dekes For Days

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Your opinions are valid except that Toronto is absolutely special. You can't help yourself but tune in to what theyre doing. And you always will.

No kidding.. Read this thread and tell me the haters aren’t invested in the Leafs lol.

dops might throw out the suspension if they find out its winning toronto games.

Yup, they seemed to have lit a fire under them.

Reactions: HofT

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Huh? How much to you think flights and hotels cost these days? Reilly is losing about $457,000 in salary

Reactions: Namikaze Minato
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad