Morgan Rielly suspended for five games for cross-checking Ridly Greig in the head (Mod note in OP); upd: Rielly appealing his suspension (upheld)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
I'm sure he knew something was coming because he knows a ton of hockey players have the emotional capacity of a toddler. The proper response to what he did is mild annoyance, maybe a quick F you if you're feeling cheeky, and then don't let him in a position to take slap shots on empty netters next time you play. Now like I said, he probably expected more since the NHL has a long and somehow revered history of guys lashing out over the tiniest of sleights, but that doesn't do anything to excuse it.

I would love if a bunch of new players would thumb their nose at the old time hockey code and take whatever comes their way for it. Let them prove either why it works or that they are the thin-skinned fake tough guys I think they are.
Careful what you wish for. Hockey is already shadowed by most sports in North America.

Take away all of the old school and replace with cockiness without retribution and it’ll be even less popular

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Whatever Grieg did to stir the pot is irrelevant. Payback can come in various ways that are "legal" in hockey. Not only did Rielly take the bait he did it in a vicious and dangerous way. He has to accept the consequences!
He does and will accept the consequences.

And it’s your choice to say that what Grieg did is irrelevant.

Just know that every single nhl player, coach and above disagrees with you. And they’re the ones that put out the product.

Did Rielly do too much? Yup. Was Griegs slap shot something to ignore? Nope.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
That's not against the code, that's against the rules.
Actually it’s both. Like spitting on a guy.

Both can and usually lead to penatlies. But if you ask an nhler if they’d prefer to be punched in the face or kneed/spitnon. They’ll all say punched.

There’s just some shit that the players won’t tolerate

I’ll give another example that I’ve never seen but I do think it’s just a matter of time before it happens based on what some fans want and how they’d probably behave.

Imagine a player dekes out a goalie on a breakaway and scores a great goal. And his celebration is standing over the goalie, looking down on him and flexing his muscles.

Now this kind of thing is against the “code”. And it’s been common in the nba and the nfl. So much so that they’re now getting called for fouls and flags. Why? Because they’re setting a bad example. Making themselves, their teams and the whole league look bad.

Now again…imagine that happens in an nhl game.

I predict the goalie or somebody from his team is gonna confront the goal scorer and do something. I’d also predict that the muscle flexers teammates would defend him in public and shake their heads at him in private.

Just like I’m sure it went with Grieg.

Does anybody really think that nhl players, coaches, gms, the DoPS, NHLPA or bettman are ok with what Grieg did?

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
that vets took exception to the play. jenner caught him napping. this is already after giroux allegedly took him aside privately.
Source? Mendes already posted about how many of the player supported/like it.

Close your eyes and imagine Grieg in your teams home jersey and then admit you would love it.

If you don't, then you are no better then most of these "vets" who are joyless f***ing plugs.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
He does and will accept the consequences.

And it’s your choice to say that what Grieg did is irrelevant.

Just know that every single nhl player, coach and above disagrees with you. And they’re the ones that put out the product.

Did Rielly do too much? Yup. Was Griegs slap shot something to ignore? Nope.
He doesn’t accept the consequences, he’s appealing lol.

And you don’t speak for even half let alone all NHL players

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Actually it’s both. Like spitting on a guy.

Both can and usually lead to penatlies. But if you ask an nhler if they’d prefer to be punched in the face or kneed/spitnon. They’ll all say punched.

There’s just some shit that the players won’t tolerate

I’ll give another example that I’ve never seen but I do think it’s just a matter of time before it happens based on what some fans want and how they’d probably behave.

Imagine a player dekes out a goalie on a breakaway and scores a great goal. And his celebration is standing over the goalie, looking down on him and flexing his muscles.

Now this kind of thing is against the “code”. And it’s been common in the nba and the nfl. So much so that they’re now getting called for fouls and flags. Why? Because they’re setting a bad example. Making themselves, their teams and the whole league look bad.

Now again…imagine that happens in an nhl game.

I predict the goalie or somebody from his team is gonna confront the goal scorer and do something. I’d also predict that the muscle flexers teammates would defend him in public and shake their heads at him in private.

Just like I’m sure it went with Grieg.

Does anybody really think that nhl players, coaches, gms, the DoPS, NHLPA or bettman are ok with what Grieg did?
Its nothing like getting spit on. get real

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Did I say Grieg should expect a cross check to the face? You’re just trying to stir shit.

Most of us all know that when you do something like the slap shot on the open net, something is coming.

Those who say that nothing shoould happen, old school is stupid and blah blah blah are just as stupidly extreme as those who say that Rielly did nothing wrong.

Grieg knew he was being a dick. He loved it. And good for him. Good for his fans. Hell, good if lots of fans just like it because it stirs the pot and might make the next leafs v sens games exciting.

But to even suggest that Grieg didn’t know he was causing shit and that any kind of response at all is a no no….I’ll just say you’re watching the wrong sport.

Go be a SJW in your community or something lol
this makes zero sense.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
If 'Every single player, coach and above' thought what Grieg did was unacceptable, I'm pretty sure it would be in the rules. You know, where they list everything that they deem to be unacceptable.

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
He doesn’t accept the consequences, he’s appealing lol.

And you don’t speak for even half let alone all NHL players
He will accept. Even after appealing.

And you can say all you want about how Grieg is seen by all his colleagues. You know I’m right. It’s a no no. And for some reason that bugs you. Maybe you’d be the type that acts like a dickhead and then whines when you’re called out for it.

Its nothing like getting spit on. get real
Ok lol

v00d00daddy

Oct 9, 2007
Careful what you wish for. Hockey is already shadowed by most sports in North America.

Take away all of the old school and replace with cockiness without retribution and it’ll be even less popular
I’m
If 'Every single player, coach and above' thought what Grieg did was unacceptable, I'm pretty sure it would be in the rules. You know, where they list everything that they deem to be unacceptable.
Again…who said it’s “unacceptable”. I’m just saying…if you do it you’re gonna have to answer for it. I actually went so far to say that he’s free to do it and it can even be seen as a good thing in certain ways. I never said he should have been given a penalty.

wtf is up with people reading things and twisting them in their heads? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad