GDT: Moose Loosened Aboot Hoose vs. Planes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which is better?

• Original Jets

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Original Coyotes

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Old Thrashers

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • New Coyotes who get relocated again because Winnipeg is a toilet

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
This team looks broken. Wild game where MacKinnon went nuts aside, they look discombobulated and disinterested.
Right at the wrong time. I know someone is going to bring up the 1-5-1 ending to the 2022 season... but that team had way less to play for than this one. Embarrassing week and a half of hockey

Reactions: GeoRox89

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
My biggest dissapointment this season is what a absolute fraud Cale Makar is. He keeps putting up points and breaking records and everyone is in awe and cheers and meanwhile he's maybe the worst best defenceman in the league.

Just make him a winger or something. f***

Remember when he shut McDavid out in the 2022 playoffs? Yeah, that shit is never happening again... He's now a flat out liability who leeches assists and gets a bunch of blueline attempts.

Also, Fire bednar already. Fire everyone.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
Naturally one i could watch cause in good time and even on local TV, so 0:7 it is.
But not surprising. f***ing Ehlers throwing himself into shots 5 miinutes before the end, while 7 goals up, like its SCF final overtime. And then 3 pings off the posts.
Peg has apparently best defense in the league, i mean least goals conceded. They seem to be as bad match for us as Vegas.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Now, if Avs just re-sign Makar before getting to UFA is even an option does that mean everyone can hold you to this? Winning more than two series over the next 4 years? Well I’d love to be wrong but that does feel unlikely at this point. Over the next 10+? I’d take those odds
Don't hold me to my words. I thought we're better than that here.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
Really didn't like seeing George push/punch Donny White even if it wasn't particularly hard. Get that headcase tf out of here.

I was worried about the Jets being their first round opponent before this game, now I'm basically expecting a sweep jeesh.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Season is over if we can't get our head out of ass. Everyone needs to better

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Won the CORSI:

1713052004858.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Everyone remember how every 3-on-3 OT used to be an auto loss?

We changed up and started taking our time, taking it back out of the zone, trying to find an angle.

We have to do the same thing here. They know how to play us, so we have to do something different that they won't expect.
And honestly I doubt they would show their hand this close to the playoffs. But that was way worse than just a little bit of a bluff. Hopefully it's the equivalent to the Nashville Sphere incident!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Everyone remember how every 3-on-3 OT used to be an auto loss?

We changed up and started taking our time, taking it back out of the zone, trying to find an angle.
It's not as bad as it used to but Mack and Rants still shoot the puck from every bad angle they can find in OT and seemingly don't care about losing possession.

Some culprits are gone (Kadri and Bura) and we added more players patient with the puck (Drouin, etc).

So is it really because of coaching though?

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Still gonna have to read thru the thread but I will state univocally that todays outing was the mot pathetic Avalanche effort of the season.

Out hustled, out skilled, out faught, out coached and I'm just getting started.

Hope it's an aberration but I am afraid it's not. The Avs have been exposed totally and completely.

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
It's not as bad as it used to but Mack and Rants still shoot the puck from every bad angle they can find in OT and seemingly don't care about losing possession.

Some culprits are gone (Kadri and Bura) and we added more players patient with the puck (Drouin, etc).

So is it really because of coaching though?
There is no plan B tactically speaking. The Avs do one thing extremely well..... quick puck recovery, fast, accurate passes and breakouts, speed through the NZ and into the offensive zone and incessantly pound the puck at the opponent's goalie.

Throw a wrench into any of that and they have no answer. Except to continue pounding their heads on the same brick wall.

The Jets threw wrenches into every on of those components and there were no counters. The team's defense in the defending zone is completely broken.

Yes. That is in part, on coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad