Proposal: Montreal - Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
nothing, his contract is up in a year anyway and with Smith made out of particle board there’s so sense moving him without a replacement.
How you going to get cap room to bring in high end goalie? You want to forget about MAF. He'll cost you a first pick and not enough of upgrade. He can't carry Price's jock strap. Vegas far better team and Montreal best them handily.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I’d be nervous and annoyed if the Oil sent their 2022 1st to Chicago for MAF at 50%. Would make the Oil real dangerous come playoffs. He’s a very interesting rental given his expiring contract and likely retirement. He’d be focused in the playoffs.
I would be nervous about a 1st for him as well, especially with the uncertainty right now. I would offer it as conditional though. If we can do a deal where it's a 1st if we make the conference finals or higher then that's more palatable but ideally if we trade our 1st it's for a guy with another year at least on him. Like Quick from LA maybe. But I don't know if he's a guy I trust anymore either.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
That is exactly what I think. Holland will target someone like MAF @50% or something.
That would make more sense.
Trading Price is a no go as i don't see the Habs willing to retain 50%. We'll just have to ride it out with him.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I would love to get rid of Price for a 1st. No retention.

So to the highest bidder he goes......
So the Habs give their first this year and Price for futures? That seems a little steep to me you might have to throw in another pick or more.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So the Habs give their first this year and Price for futures? That seems a little steep to me you might have to throw in another pick or more.
Ya but those futures coming back is McDavid. I think you need to add a few more futures. McDavid alone isn't enough.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Ya but those futures coming back is McDavid. I think you need to add a few more futures. McDavid alone isn't enough.
Your value for Price is skewed by a huge margin. That pick might be high but that contract is a team breaker. No one takes on the full contract without at least that pick.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Your value for Price is skewed by a huge margin. That pick might be high but that contract is a team breaker. No one takes on the full contract without at least that pick.
Habs have no need to trade Price. They aren't in a cap crunch. Not even close. And whilst rebuilding, cap is not a concern.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Habs have no need to trade Price. They aren't in a cap crunch. Not even close. And whilst rebuilding, cap is not a concern.
I think that is the reason Price at 50% would be attractive if the assets coming back made it worthwhile. The rebuild would allow them to eat the 50% and get some additional assets. The last thing you need during in a rebuild is having your goalie single handedly winning games, which Price can do.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think that is the reason Price at 50% would be attractive if the assets coming back made it worthwhile. The rebuild would allow them to eat the 50% and get some additional assets. The last thing you need during in a rebuild is having your goalie single handedly winning games, which Price can do.
Sure, if the assets are significant. Otherwise, no point. Having Price during a rebuild would help young players develop knowing there is stability in net. Eating 5M / year is not something any team owner is keen to do unless the return is significant. People act like eating 5M is nothing, when its not their money. lol

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Sure, if the assets are significant. Otherwise, no point. Having Price during a rebuild would help young players develop knowing there is stability in net. Eating 5M / year is not something any team owner is keen to do unless the return is significant. People act like eating 5M is nothing, when its not their money. lol
It's not the money but the cap hit.Habs are not retaining 50% pure and simple.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Your eating 10 million right now so I guess that is better?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Anyone thinking that we would have to give up one of Wright, Savoie or Nemec and more picks added on just to move Price has a skewed value of players period..

Reactions: HabsAddict

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Anyone thinking that we would have to give up one of Wright, Savoie or Nemec and more picks added on just to move Price has a skewed value of players period..
The Habs are not bad enough to get in the conversation for Wright without a lottery ball win.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
No one is thinking that because it would not happen, which is my point. Price will be moved with retention, so that MTL gets an asset rather than pay big to move that contract. If rebuilding is the plan then having an aging superstar goalie makes no sense. Get the asset and fill in the starter role with a filler piece until you build back up. The Price contract will end before the rebuild drafted players are in need of wage increases. The extra 1st will help speed up the rebuild if used correctly. MTL has been good lately with pick's of Caufield and Guhle so the pick should turn into a player for them.

My offer as an oiler fan is the following:

To Edm: Price at 50%

To Mtl: Koskinen, 2022-1st, Lavoie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad