Proposal: Montreal - Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Take out Holloway and I still wouldn't do it.

Chiarot isn't worth a 1st and Allen is just as bad as Koski(with the added bonus of being stuck with him for another season).

53ea1ea78420bc74b5b47464b0609d9b.png

From my perspective, both goalies are getting these stats in SPITE of their teams. The difference is that one team is 6-21-03 and the other is 16-11. Allen is left alone out there, but he has been phenomenal; he is the last guy i would blame for our situation. In fact, to get 5 wins, he needed to pull off two shut outs. I think Chiarot gets a 1st (or equivalent), but i realize that neither camp is budging and that only a trade will decide the issue.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'm a Habs fan, but no. Because I've said a 3rd is more realistic.

There's obviously a big difference between what I value these players at and what GMs value them at. This is especially true for Chiarot. The guy is absolute dogshit and I wouldn't even want to give up anything for him if he were not on my team. But GMs see a big physical d-man who just went to the stanley cup finals (experience! leadership!) and who they think is great defensively (even though he's not - he and Weber were just getting their asses saved by Jesus Price in last year's playoffs), and who can contribute a little on the offense... And yeah, they might be willing to part with a 1st.

If Holland is desperate to find a goalie, and Allen is the only interesting one on the market, I could definitely see him give up a 2nd. But despair doesn't always translate in actions.
MAF has to be the most enticing goalie to acquire on the market. That’s who I think the Oil eventually target.

I got to watch the Ranger backup (Geo) vs the Avs Tuesday. He’s got some higher end ability and was keeping the rangers in that game all by himself. He’s another guy to target if the NYR put him up for sale. He’s streaky, but at his his best, he’s got a pretty high ceiling. I just saw it for 59 minutes and was impressed. Avs would have scored at least a touchdown in that game vs a lesser goalie.

the Price to Oil chatter is poppycock, but there are a few better and realistic goalie options out there if the Oil are willing to pay the freight.

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
allen and koskinen have comparable seasons so far:

Allen 2021-22 Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens NHL 23 3.10 0.903
Koskinen 2021-22 Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers NHL 18 3.16 0.902

i know 2073 habs fans will now come with 'the team in front of him' comment. for them:

Wedgewood 2021-22 Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes NHL 15 2.98 0.906

and wedgewood is a fringe nhl backup.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Remove Holloway and replace with Yamomoto?
Ya asking for Holloway is out of the question.
I do think that Chiarot retained will get us a 1st from a contender.
Now would the Oilers agree to Allen for Yamomoto and some sort of short term cap dump ? I can't answer that.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ya asking for Holloway is out of the question.
I do think that Chiarot retained will get us a 1st from a contender.
Now would the Oilers agree to Allen for Yamomoto and some sort of short term cap dump ? I can't answer that.

probably not, no. Yamamoto's not having a great season, but our crease is crowded enough as it is with B options and Allen just adds another one to that mix.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
OK I want to get rid of Price and recoup cap space. so Price at 50% retention and Habs 1st this year and Habs 3erd this year?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
OK I want to get rid of Price and recoup cap space. so Price at 50% retention and Habs 1st this year and Habs 3erd this year?
You willing to take a few cap dumps back. From what i have read it will take that added to your proposal and even then there may be no takers.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
You willing to take a few cap dumps back. From what i have read it will take that added to your proposal and even then there may be no takers.
so not yet enough? ok price at 75% retention + habs 1st + habs 3rd and for the finally offer Chariot at 75% retention and the shrimp cole caufield for FREE.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
so not yet enough? ok price at 75% retention + habs 1st + habs 3rd and for the finally offer Chariot at 75% retention and the shrimp cole caufield for FREE.
I think the Oilers will have to think about it. Lets give them a few days to ponder our offer.
Remember we will have to take a few cap dumps back to make it fair.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
:edmonton
Price at 25% retained
3rd round pick

:habs
Matvey Petrov
Zach Kassian
Mikko Koskinen
1st 2022 or 2023

Edmonton bites? Habs take on two bad contracts to clear some space for Edmonton and the first are basically early second for Edmonton.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Price at 25% retained
3rd round pick

Matvey Petrov
Zach Kassian
Mikko Koskinen
1st 2022 or 2023

Edmonton bites? Habs take on two bad contracts to clear some space for Edmonton and the first are basically early second for Edmonton.

The values is there .. not really interested in trading Petrov .. Lavoie sure .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Price at 25% retained
3rd round pick

Matvey Petrov
Zach Kassian
Mikko Koskinen
1st 2022 or 2023

Absolutely not . Does cap not translate from english to french ? Nurse's deal kicks in so Koskinen money is gone . Puljujarvi needs a new deal and so does Yamamoto and you are asking us to take on 7 + million for an often injured old goalie who has been good in 4 years an got overpaid by Montreal .

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Price at 25% retained
3rd round pick

Matvey Petrov
Zach Kassian
Mikko Koskinen
1st 2022 or 2023

lol no

Koskinen is up after this year and Price at 7.875 million for four years after this one has no positive value at all.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
an extra year of Jake Allen doesn't fetch Dylan Holloway, man. He and Koskinen are pretty comparable goalies.
Price is the one you want to get. He just singlehandly took a bad team to cup finals. Put a team in front of him you have 3 to 4 cups. Wasting your time with Allen. He is good goalie but cost you a pick and not a stud goalie.

Habs retain 50% on Price, give them K and 3 good assets. Prospect and 2 first picks. Your picks be 30ish with him. You not trading nothing in exchange for 3 cups.

Holloway I am not sold on. He is a top prospect but doubt he signs in Montreal. Make some other arrangement of equal value. If you don't, your goaltending kill you in first round again. You be pissing away prime years of McDavid

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Price is the one you want to get. He just singlehandly took a bad team to cup finals. Put a team in front of him you have 3 to 4 cups. Wasting your time with Allen. He is good goalie but cost you a pick and not a stud goalie.

Habs retain 50% on Price, give them K and 3 good assets. Prospect and 2 first picks. Your picks be 30ish with him. You not trading nothing in exchange for 3 cups.

Holloway I am not sold on. He is a top prospect but doubt he signs in Montreal. Make some other arrangement of equal value. If you don't, your goaltending kill you in first round again. You be pissing away prime years of McDavid

With how much of the goalie position is mental, I really have no interest in a 34 year old that hasn't played this year and has some very serious personal struggles right now. I'm not sold at all that his head would be in the game.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Getting Price is no guarantee of a Stanley Cup. There are legit questions about his ability moving forward along with his age and his contract. No chance the Oilers give up multiple firsts for Price even at 50%. Also, very little chance Montreal retains 50% on price for five more years. That is asking a lot of any franchise, and I can't think of a single one who has done that in the modern history of the league.

Again with this narrative? It seems this only comes up from fans of other teams who want to ram a terrible trade down the throats of Oiler faithful.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Getting Price is no guarantee of a Stanley Cup. There are legit questions about his ability moving forward along with his age and his contract. No chance the Oilers give up multiple firsts for Price even at 50%. Also, very little chance Montreal retains 50% on price for five more years. That is asking a lot of any franchise, and I can't think of a single one who has done that in the modern history of the league.

Again with this narrative? It seems this only comes up from fans of other teams who want to ram a terrible trade down the throats of Oiler faithful.
Agree Habs will not retain 50% on Price especially with the low-ball offers being thrown around here for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad