Proposal: Montreal - Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
No one is thinking that because it would not happen, which is my point. Price will be moved with retention, so that MTL gets an asset rather than pay big to move that contract. If rebuilding is the plan then having an aging superstar goalie makes no sense. Get the asset and fill in the starter role with a filler piece until you build back up. The Price contract will end before the rebuild drafted players are in need of wage increases. The extra 1st will help speed up the rebuild if used correctly. MTL has been good lately with pick's of Caufield and Guhle so the pick should turn into a player for them.

My offer as an oiler fan is the following:

To Edm: Price at 50%

To Mtl: Koskinen, 2022-1st, Lavoie
Habs laugh, hang up.

Reactions: aresknights

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No one is thinking that because it would not happen, which is my point. Price will be moved with retention, so that MTL gets an asset rather than pay big to move that contract. If rebuilding is the plan then having an aging superstar goalie makes no sense. Get the asset and fill in the starter role with a filler piece until you build back up. The Price contract will end before the rebuild drafted players are in need of wage increases. The extra 1st will help speed up the rebuild if used correctly. MTL has been good lately with pick's of Caufield and Guhle so the pick should turn into a player for them.

My offer as an oiler fan is the following:

To Edm: Price at 50%

To Mtl: Koskinen, 2022-1st, Lavoie
Habs wouldn’t eat 5M per year and give you an asset in a reduced cost Price for that. Ridiculous.

Habs would stay the course and rebuild with Price.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Price was a great hall of fame goalie. But, at his age and with his personal issues no team can count on that level of play going forward. You wont be able move him without close to 50% retention or taking back contracts that are just as bad and long.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Price was a great hall of fame goalie. But, at his age and with his personal issues no team can count on that level of play going forward. You wont be able move him without close to 50% retention or taking back contracts that are just as bad and long.

I agree completely that Price is a tough sell, but is Price really a hall of famer? The NHL goalies who have been inducted over the last 15 years all have multiple Cups and Vezinas and are top 5 all time in career wins. I don't see how a single great NHL regular season and 20 career international games behind a powerhouse Team Canada gets him in.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I agree completely that Price is a tough sell, but is Price really a hall of famer? The NHL goalies who have been inducted over the last 15 years all have multiple Cups and Vezinas and are top 5 all time in career wins. I don't see how a single great NHL regular season and 20 career international games behind a powerhouse Team Canada gets him in.

He plays for the Habs

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
The Habs are not bad enough to get in the conversation for Wright without a lottery ball win.

They have the 2nd best shot at him as it stands right now. Also even if they don't get him one of the other top picks is exactly what The Habs need right now so its all good news when it comes to the draft. Add that it won't be MB or Timmins making the pick and its even better news.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm not sure why people don't understand that if we eat half of Price's salary in order to move him and then pay 5 million for a mid level goalie, might as well keep him. Is that really hard to understand?

So unless something substantial is coming back, he's not going anywhere.

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
I'm not sure why people don't understand that if we eat half of Price's salary in order to move him and then pay 5 million for a mid level goalie, might as well keep him. Is that really hard to understand?

So unless something substantial is coming back, he's not going anywhere.
For the most part it’s Habs fans that you have to explain this to because not many other fans are interested in Price at full hit or half

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
We can move any further chat to the Habs rebuild thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad