Proposal: Montreal - Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
We need to shed a lot of cap to get afford Ovechkin.
878F5342-D1C4-4A30-85EE-CA30096642A8.jpeg
4538A11A-3E8B-4B11-9BD4-05DC3E46C267.jpeg

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
From my perspective, both goalies are getting these stats in SPITE of their teams. The difference is that one team is 6-21-03 and the other is 16-11. Allen is left alone out there, but he has been phenomenal; he is the last guy i would blame for our situation. In fact, to get 5 wins, he needed to pull off two shut outs. I think Chiarot gets a 1st (or equivalent), but i realize that neither camp is budging and that only a trade will decide the issue.
Another thing about Allen and Koskinen is that Allen has been superior to Koskinen at 5v5. When it's PK time, however, he really hasn't been helping much - not like the defensive structure of the Habs help either.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Sorry, "there is but one Great Eight, and he does not share power".

Also, I can actually post him in the same picture with the Trophies, because he's won them :cool:.

cut.jpg

cut.jpg
Come on... how would you not want Benny C on your squad? The guy is a beauty on and off the ice who is good for a bar-down clapper every now and then.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
This will not happen,
Most likely won't. But for us to retain 50% the return better be good. Otherwise we're just better of keeping him. He's very likely to finish on LTIR just like Weber . If we retain we'd still have 5+M of dead cap in 4years when we'll hopefully need it. If the return is a late first, it's clearly not worth 2-3 years of dead cap.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Most likely won't. But for us to retain 50% the return better be good. Otherwise we're just better of keeping him. He's very likely to finish on LTIR just like Weber . If we retain we'd still have 5+M of dead cap in 4years when we'll hopefully need it. If the return is a late first, it's clearly not worth 2-3 years of dead cap.
I'm not interested in Price at 5.25m for another 4.5 years. Too much risk that he's emotionally/mentally finished

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I'm not interested in Price at 5.25m for another 4.5 years. Too much risk that he's emotionally/mentally finished
I'm just explaining it from a habs pov. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just show our perspective. Price most likely plays 2.5y at the most.
He went into the program for subtance abuse (painkillers), not depression.
I'd also suggest using other terms, mentally finished doesn't really work in this day and age :laugh:

Reactions: Qwijibo

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

It's Carey Price at 50%. The return will be good but some of the demands on here are ridiculous

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Exactly this. The Habs are best off just keeping Price and getting him back in net for the next several seasons. Price in the Habs net will be a big part of the Habs rebuild efforts over the next couple of seasons.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
As if Price is the only option. Ugh.
Some Habs fans struggle with the idea teams will look elsewhere (won’t consider Price) to fill a G need. But that’s exactly what will happen.

Avs made a deal with Arizona. I could see the oil look at MAF or Geo over in New York. There are other options as well.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Some Habs fans struggle with the idea teams will look elsewhere (won’t consider Price). to fill a G need. But that’s exactly what will happen.

Avs made a deal with Arizona. I could see the oil look at MAF or Geo over in New York. There are other options as well.

That is exactly what I think. Holland will target someone like MAF @50% or something.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That is exactly what I think. Holland will target someone like MAF @50% or something.
I’d be nervous and annoyed if the Oil sent their 2022 1st to Chicago for MAF at 50%. Would make the Oil real dangerous come playoffs. He’s a very interesting rental given his expiring contract and likely retirement. He’d be focused in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad