Proposal: Montreal - Edmonton

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Inflation be hiiiigh in Montreal.
I think the 1st for Chiarot is workable but EDM likely want some term on the player if a 1st is moved.

Someone like Graves or Gavrikov if they were available, who both have an additional year of term.

Allen has an additional year of term. Pretty cheap too considering how he has been playing this year.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Allen has an additional year of term. Pretty cheap too considering how he has been playing this year.

Screenshot_20211215-234140_Samsung Internet.jpg

So if traded now, he'd have 1.66 years to go VS one year of term when traded from STL?

Has he played well enough to bump his value from a 3rd + 7th just a year ago to a 1st rounder of value for an extra 40 regular season games + playoff games of term?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
View attachment 491507

So if traded now, he'd have 1.66 years to go VS one year of term when traded from STL?

Has he played well enough to bump his value from a 3rd + 7th just a year ago to a 1st rounder of value for an extra 40 regular season games + playoff games of term?

4.35 (81.5 cap) vs 2.875 (82.5 cap) is a pretty big difference. As with all goalies, value is highly dependent on the receiving team current goaltending situation.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
4.35 (81.5 cap) vs 2.875 (82.5 cap) is a pretty big difference. As with all goalies, value is highly dependent on the receiving team current goaltending situation.

Fair enough, we shall see but it seems rich for EDM to unload two 1sts of value in one deal and it'd not be a piece that is more suited to the core age.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
As a Habs fan, you won’t get a prospect the quality of Holloway or Bromberg in a deal for players like Allen and Chiarot.

2 things you need to change:
-Retain 50% on Chiarot to make the cap work
-Change Holloway for a guy like Bourgault or other equivalent prospect.

the prospect would need to be downgraded to a guy like Lavoie . Bourgault is also not available in this type of deal. (Also no on Broberg/Petrov/Savoie)

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
the prospect would need to be downgraded to a guy like Lavoie . Bourgault is also not available in this type of deal. (Also no on Broberg/Petrov/Savoie)

So you want Allen for a gojng-nowhere player with 3 assists in the AHL. You give nothing you get nothing....

Counter with 1 1st or hang up..and move on.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So you want Allen for a gojng-nowhere player with 3 assists in the AHL. You give nothing you get nothing....

Counter with 1 1st or hang up..and move on.

I don’t want Allen at all. We’ve already got two goalies under contract for next year. I think a 1st for Chiarot is an overpayment and more than covers the bet. Asking for Holloway for Jake f***ing Allen is just idiotic.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This is offensive.
Edmonton gives: A back-up goalie who is UFA at the end of the year, a bluechip prospect and a 1st round pick
Edmonton gives: A back-up goalie who is UFA at the end of the year and a stay at home d-man who won't be re-signed next year.
Seriously, get real.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I remember a time when Fleishmann and Weise returned us Danault who was a recent late 1st pick and a 2nd which became Romanov.

so i don’t think it is far fetched Habs receive 1st and good prospect for Allen and Chiarot considering we would take a cap dump and retain 50% on Chiarot.

That being said, the hard negociation point would be around the prospect. Holloway and Broberg are out of this equation off course. Bourgault probably also is but would surely be a prospect Gorton would target.

the other thing is I don’t know if Edmonton would be interested in any of Allen or Chiarot. I’m pretty sure Allen is better than Koskinen but I don’t know if the small upgrade worth it for Edmonton who should really target an solid/elite goalie to push them to the contenders group.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Did you just go by his stats or actually watch him play? If it wasn't for him most nights the Habs would be losing 8-1 or 8-2.

Allen is solid as a fringe starter type but not much of an upgrade on Koskinen. And I don't think the Habs move Allen if they are rebuilding. Price will want out and we should retain Allen for the rebuild years to pair up with Primeau. Lets say we trade Allen this year and maybe Price later, then we try to sign someone like Allen in UFA. What is Allen's value? It's not horrible but hard to nail down. Someone might offer a 2nd and B prospect (maybe)

I don't see the Oilers in on this one

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I remember a time when Fleishmann and Weise returned us Danault who was a recent late 1st pick and a 2nd which became Romanov.

so i don’t think it is far fetched Habs receive 1st and good prospect for Allen and Chiarot considering we would take a cap dump and retain 50% on Chiarot.

That being said, the hard negociation point would be around the prospect. Holloway and Broberg are out of this equation off course. Bourgault probably also is but would surely be a prospect Gorton would target.

the other thing is I don’t know if Edmonton would be interested in any of Allen or Chiarot. I’m pretty sure Allen is better than Koskinen but I don’t know if the small upgrade worth it for Edmonton who should really target an solid/elite goalie to push them to the contenders group.

I agree for the most part. I do think the Oilers are looking at Chiarot though. But not Allen. He's not a big upgrade on Koskinen.

Reactions: Benstheman

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
:habs

Ben Chiarot
Jake Allen

:edmonton

Mikko Koskinen
Dylan Holloway
1st round pick

Allen has been good this year just the team has been a tire fire in front of him. He's often bombarded with shots. I believe Koskinen would help the tank more than Allen. Allen tends to keep the team afloat and hanging around games which the Habs don't need at this point. Allen would help shore up that crease. Give the Oilers some reliable and consistent goaltending.

Chiarot well he would bring what the Oilers want. A physical dman who can skate and get chippy. The guy is great in the playoffs and can play top minutes if in a bind.

Montreal just needs a goalie between the pipes right now who won't steal games for them or keep them in it like Allen. Also needing more skill up front which Holloway could add to that part of the future. Plus familiar with Caufield. The first well it's a first and will be nice to have multiple with the draft being in Montreal this year. Gorton is likely looking to make a homerun to start of his tenure with the team and start the rebuild day 1 from the draft.

That is one of the worst lopsided deals I've seen between Montreal and Edmonton. And that is saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad