GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators- 1/16/14 7:30pm EST TSN,RDS (HD) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Montreal needs Quebec to come back to the league so they can get all the French media and fan pressure to hire French speaking players and coaches. I swear this issue has been and always will be the demise of the Montreal Canadiens.

Until an owner has the balls to do things properly and hire the best people available regardless of language spoken this team will never succeed.

Great teams have even better leadership..this team has Michel Therien...LOL

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
MT has FULL rope. MT will be in danger NEXT YEAR mid-season if that team isn't doing well. But there's no way that he doesn't finish the year unless.......Bergevin LOVES Boucher more than he does Therrien. One thing is sure....whether Therrien has some rope or not, let's pray to god that it doesn't mean Lefebvre to coach that team....people will then see why so many people are skeptic about him....

Hmmm...I wouldn't be so definitive. We have a stretch of games up until the Olympics that could really change the way some people view our team.
Bergevin used the record to say he was pretty happy with the way things were going (which was pretty alarming because I'd expect a GM not to be so blinded by a record).
People have already questioned Therrien while still having a good record.
If we go into a bad streak that shoves us down the standings (we're only 6 pts away from the 8th seed), especially if it's with performances like tonight. Then I could see something change. The problem though, is that I have very little confidence in Bergevin hiring a good coach the 2nd time around. He might bring up Lefebvre and I haven't heard good things of him.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I don't understand why they won't try it...WHY why just try one stinkin shift.

Subban and Markov together and Emelin and Gorges together. MB can find a new bottom pairing or call up Pateryn or something. Look at other teams that have made a callup just to try out the guy and he ended up pushing regulars out. look at Sens Cody Ceci. Wiercoch and Corvo are now expandable.

All of emelins booming hits were on good side and that's pretty much what we all like him for.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
This game has actually made me sad whereas the others made me kind of laugh at incompetence.

But we all they're going to come out, win the 3rd and win the game and all will be well. Therrien will come out and say something like "you know, we didn't play our gmae the first 2 periods but we grinded it out and got the points"

It made me sad for Carey. He deserves way better.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Worst part is this game should be a blowout right now for ottawa. Price and some good luck in the 1st 10mins is the only reason it's not 6 - 0 like it probably should be. Utterly horrible display.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 57s
Might have to watch the next 24CH to see what's going on in that dressing room right now.

Not sure why he needs to see 24CH, just come on here we'll tell him.

GO RED LETS GO, GRIND IT OUT LETS GO - that's it.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Habs have ben struggling all season. Their playoff hope relies on a fluke winning streak, 1 goal games, and price being a god.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Let's see if this team has ANY character after being embarrassed for two periods!!

Mr. Bergvin you hug you hat on building a character team, if they dont show some kind of push back I hope Molson fires the lot of you!

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Blow a 3-0 lead. Man do the Habs suck big time. Please tank the season so we can start building a team for the next 25 years.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
Montreal needs Quebec to come back to the league so they can get all the French media and fan pressure to hire French speaking players and coaches. I swear this issue has been and always will be the demise of the Montreal Canadiens.

Until an owner has the balls to do things properly and hire the best people available regardless of language spoken this team will never succeed.

Great teams have even better leadership..this team has Michel Therien...LOL

in case your too young to know or to lazy to look it up, when the Nords where here before, Habs had more french players than Quebec often (1993 a good example)

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Let's see if this team has ANY character after being embarrassed for two periods!!

Mr. Bergvin you hug you hat on building a character team, if they dont show some kind of push back I hope Molson fires the lot of you!

Would make more sense to not get embarrassed in the first place. I'd put this game up there with the Kings/Blues beatings. The score is no reflection at all on how they've played tonight.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Hmmm...I wouldn't be so definitive. We have a stretch of games up until the Olympics that could really change the way some people view our team.
Bergevin used the record to say he was pretty happy with the way things were going (which was pretty alarming because I'd expect a GM not to be so blinded by a record).
People have already questioned Therrien while still having a good record.
If we go into a bad streak that shoves us down the standings (we're only 6 pts away from the 8th seed), especially if it's with performances like tonight. Then I could see something change. The problem though, is that I have very little confidence in Bergevin hiring a good coach the 2nd time around. He might bring up Lefebvre and I haven't heard good things of him.

the alarming part actually is you still expecting a Habs GM to really speak his mind...

you can't probably name a single one who did and yet you still expect the current one to speak his mind.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Roy has yet to fix his atrocious D.

And yet he's getting better than expected play out of nearly all of them. Now I'm not saying he's a coaching God, but he's doing the common sense thing (i.e. getting a style that suits his rosters strength).

He's better than the insanity that Therrien is forcing on his roster. No pragmatism or inclination to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad