GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Buffalo Sabres 10/5/17 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
I thought that 10 million was going to keep us in games? That contract is a massive mistake. I dont care what anyone says. You dont pay that much money and hope the goalie can keep you in the game when the defense is as horrible as it is.

Exactly...stupid contract.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not sure you can acknowledge what the game is all about and yet...sign long term a guy like Alzner. And people wonder why we are scared by Bergie improv....

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Alzner had his man....Lekhonen didn't, cant cover 2 guys. It was a missed back -check.

Some people have heralded Benn and Alzner as the second coming of the anti-christ. So if they're on the ice for a goal, it's their fault 100%. I tried to fight it in the first but it's pointless. The propaganda machine is on. Can't fight it.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
No, but I also don't think keeping Beaulieu makes us better.
Probably not but it's bad asset management. You trade a former first round pick for a 3rd round pick and protect a 3rd pairing d-man. Just doesn't make sense to me. Just another wasted first round pick in a long list of them.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
You don't think its a remote possibility that Drouin becomes a #1 C and Mete ends up better than Serg? Its not like I said if Paul Byron won the Hart.

I think the conditions you're giving us are subjective and prone to interminable arguments. You need to be more concrete and put up something that can't be argued about like:

If habs make it to the conference finals, would Berg get some breathing room?

I would say yes :)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Bergie protected the guy he acquired and couldn't care less about the guy he didn't pick. As simple as that. As stupid as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad