GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Buffalo Sabres 10/5/17 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm completely sold on Drouin as a center at this point. He looks great even defensively. He'll need some time to adjust still but hes more than capable of it though
He looks committed in every way, hope he keeps this going.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
If Patches doesn’t score 40+ goals, I’ll be surprised. Drouin the talented centre he’s been waiting for his whole career. I expect good things from these guys. Now if only the other players can find their groove, we’ll be set.
Even if/when Patches scores 40+ goals, his value on HFBoards will still be a 2nd round pick, because l

Bergevin said before the game in an interview with Pierre Houde that 50 of Mete's family and friends came down from Toronto to Buffalo for the kid's 1st game.

I really, really, really hope Mete scores a goal this game. Would be amazing for him & for his family/friends to see!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
That was a sweet one timer. His one time has been his weakest shot by far IMO. There's a reason people say he shouldn't play the half wall on the power play

Playing the half wall is about handling the puck not being good at shooting the puck.

Pacioretty has always had a great one timer. But you need great set ups to one time passes in the net. It used to happen all the time with DD early on when DD didn't suck as much. Perhaps you've forgotten about it but Pacioretty has a great wrister and a great one timer snap shot. His slap shot is not great though.

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Great first period, I'm happy overall.

Lekhonen with a major boo-boo on the first goal, can't hang that on Benn. Having said that, Benn / Streit do not look good at all.

What can you say about Drouin, good gawd he is slick. That line is going to put up a lot of points. How many goals is Patches going to score this year if he stays healthy....Jesus..

Petry / Alzner is going to be a very good shut down pair. They play very hard minutes against top players, with no room for error and they looked good....especially Alzner.

RE: Mete....I think Claude is insulating Mete at the end of the period, as I didn't see anything that caused an injury. He had two consecutive shifts where the play sort of got away from him and scrambled a bit ..he seemed a tad lost at times. This is understandable, especially in your first game. I've heard of players coming to the bench after their first shift in the NHL saying things like they couldn't see...lol...it's a big moment, and I have zero issue with Julien settling him down and letting him catch his breath and breathe. 15 minutes in the room and he'll be fine.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Sucks that pominville is back in the division. He has a history of burying goals against the habs.

Pickles

Apr 25, 2017
In the jar'o
Except that Beaulieu has completely looked out of place literally every time he was in a top 4 role. Turnover after turnover, can't play basic defensive hockey.

So if he was so bad in Montreal, why be mad at Bergevin for trading him while keeping a player who had looked better than him.

I'm mad because Julien could have coached this kid up like he's doing for Chucky. Do you seriously think that we needed to protect Benn?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Pominville is pissed off... McDavid & Simmonds aren't stealing his spotlight...

Cue the fans' argument about who to blame on the habs side ->>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad