GDT: Montreal Canadiens vs Buffalo Sabres 10/5/17 7:00pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I'm completely sold on Drouin as a center at this point. He looks great even defensively. He'll need some time to adjust still but hes more than capable of it though

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Beaulieu is better than Benn, he can play as a #4D without looking out of place.

Benn is a #6-5D when he's playing at his best.
Except that Beaulieu has completely looked out of place literally every time he was in a top 4 role. Turnover after turnover, can't play basic defensive hockey.
I'm sure the change of scenery is going to do that kid a world of good. He was inconsistent in Montreal at best but just remember who his coach was for most of his career so far.
So if he was so bad in Montreal, why be mad at Bergevin for trading him while keeping a player who had looked better than him.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I'm completely sold on Drouin as a center at this point. He looks great even defensively. He'll need some time to adjust still but hes more than capable of it though

Yeah he made a couple of nice defensive plays. One in particular that was real strong backside pressure.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Except that Beaulieu has completely looked out of place literally every time he was in a top 4 role. Turnover after turnover, can't play basic defensive hockey.

So if he was so bad in Montreal, why be mad at Bergevin for trading him while keeping a player who had looked better than him.
Would most hockey pundits trade Pateryn for Beaulieu? That in essence is what has happened.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Bleuet picks Hemsky overJagr :shakehead ... You know you don't want that kind of clowning anywhere near a management team. You don't like the guy, fine say so, but don't pretend he's a lemon.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Mete is a +1 so far. He's the 2nd least used defenseman after Streit. It could be that Julien's trying to test him out & see how much Mete can handle (playing it safe).

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
What I noticed most about Galchenyuk was his backchecking and positioning were much improved. That's a good sign for me.

If only he was put in a position to succeed...

I want to see this :

Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Hudon - Galchenyuk - Lekhonen
Byron - Danault - Shaw
DLR - Plekanec - Hemsky (with PP ice time)

Reactions: 417 and vokiel

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The difference I have noticed between Drouin and Galchenyuk is that Alex does not constantly keep his feet moving.

That play when he stopped moving his feet and passed the puck in the middle was a good example. He looked for something that wasn't there rather than getting his feet moving to create some time and space for himself. Ultimately, that play came back the other way and was a solid scoring chance against.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If Patches doesn’t score 40+ goals, I’ll be surprised. Drouin the talented centre he’s been waiting for his whole career. I expect good things from these guys. Now if only the other players can find their groove, we’ll be set.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Drouin is looking good one period into the season but I can't believe we are not going to try play Galchenyuk as #2 center! The potential payout is massive and Plekanec is no longer and offensive threat at any level. Danault is a 3rd line center... PLAY ALEX AT CENTER!!!!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
If:

Drouin becomes a #1 C

and

Mete turns out to be a better player than Sergachev

Does MB get some breathing room?

Status