GDT: Montreal at Boston - 03/24/2014 - RDS TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Weird line up moves....

No Price... Is he injured ? Are they scared he's gonna be hit by the Bruins ? When Playoffs arrive, and if the Habs have to play the Bruins, are they gonna use Budaj, still ? No, they gonna put Price between the pipes.

No Parros... If they think it's gonna be a rough game, what not use him ?

No Tinordi... A bit of size and toughness on the backend is never too much.

Mail the two points, boys.

Only two of the 3 players you mention can play hockey.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Just avoid the washrooms if you can. I had to piss at intermission and getting stuck in the bathroom with all Bruins fans was painful. The guy ahead of me in the line also wearing a Habs jersey had spit all over his back. Gotta couple remarks about my jersey but I wasn't spit on at least.
See, I don't understand this. I've been to a number of games at the Bell Centre and not once did any crazy behaviour like that ever occur.

People even tease the guys wearing the jerseys but it's all in good fun. Over there, it's just absolutely malicious and mean-spirited.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
See, I don't understand this. I've been to a number of games at the Bell Centre and not once did any crazy behaviour like that ever occur.

People even tease the guys wearing the jerseys but it's all in good fun. Over there, it's just absolutely malicious and mean-spirited.

At the Bell Centre, and really every rink I've been to you are left alone in a physical sense if you are respectful and not aggressive. I've seen people get their faces caved in but they were also the instigators, but the ridiculous stories you hear so often out of Boston make me question whether they should even serve alcohol there.

I'm not sure if anyone else remembers this but I believe it was a year or so ago when the Montreal fan was urinated in, while sitting in his ****ing seat at TD. That's just unacceptable on a societal level.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Price needs to channel Hasek
PK needs to channel Orr
Galchenyuk needs to channel Sundin
Plekanec needs to channel Federov
Vanek needs to channel Hull
Markov needs to channel himself.

We got dis, mayne

:laugh: Nice one!

Imagine those on the PP.:amazed:

Fedorov-Sundin-Hull
Orr-Markov
Hasek

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
The last post he had, he was claiming to be a Kings fan, and I asked him why the f... are you on our board if youre a kings fan... No answer

The previous one he said that he left the bell centre during the Avs game in the 2nd intermission when it was 2-2 because he found the game boring...

In an other one he was asking if anyone wanted to go on an Eurotrip with him.

Oh! and before that he asked if there was any hot dog stands around montreal, when he claims to be from montreal.
There are attention seekers everywhere in the world ; especially online. People being that insecure is nothing new, but sad all the same.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

It just doesn't even compute for me, to even consider acting like this. Like, you're in a mob shoving a guy just trying to get out of the bathroom while yelling some pretty absurd homophobic terms at him.

No amount of alcohol is an excuse for this type of behaviour, and quite frankly I'd be embarrassed to be associated with anyone that even thinks like this.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com

They should stick to dancing

P9bKQj4.gif

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Bruins fans remind me why I never go downtown or to the bar on UFC nights. Bunch of twenty something drunk males seeing red just looking for trouble.

I should also make a point of saying that its obviously not all their fan base, that would be irresponsible to state. But I think they have a good chunk more than the other teams in this category. It's like an NFL team in the NHL, because it's essentially the same kind of environment.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
At the Bell Centre, and really every rink I've been to you are left alone in a physical sense if you are respectful and not aggressive. I've seen people get their faces caved in but they were also the instigators, but the ridiculous stories you hear so often out of Boston make me question whether they should even serve alcohol there.

I'm not sure if anyone else remembers this but I believe it was a year or so ago when the Montreal fan was urinated in, while sitting in his ****ing seat at TD. That's just unacceptable on a societal level.

I went to highschool with the daughter, my buddy used to date her, of the guy who urinated on those fans. To me that is obviously disgusting and lewd conduct. But you never hear that he did it, not that it makes it anymore acceptable, becuase the two fans had turned thier backs to the ice during the national anthem which, to me, is asking for trouble. Again that is disgusting and ****ed up and should never happen anywhere, but you should expect something to happen to you(popcoarn or beer thrown) when you disrespect the country that you are in no matter what.

edit: That bathroom incident was awful but I wasn't really peeved until i saw them shoving the kid. It's one thing to taunt and curse at people(they were going a little to far with that) but you should be able to go anywhere you want withought getting physically assaulted especially if your just minding your own business as this kid clearly was.

If it's means anything, I personally apologize for the actions of all those jackasses as i have always been the one to stick up for an away fan if i see them getting anything more than kind ribbing or harmless jokes thrown at them.

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I went to highschool with the daughter, my buddy used to date her, of the guy who urinated on those fans. To me that is obviously disgusting and lewd conduct. But you never hear that he did it, not that it makes it anymore acceptable, becuase the two fans had turned thier backs to the ice during the national anthem which, to me, is asking for trouble. Again that is disgusting and ****ed up and should never happen anywhere, but you should expect something to happen to you(popcoarn or beer thrown) when you disrespect the country that you are in no matter what.

For a country that values patriotism as much as the United States I get it, some would feel compelled to react to what they feel is a slight against their country. But as you said, this was obviously way overboard.

In that light, I don't think there should be a national anthem performed at any sporting event. It's ridiculous and pointless.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Heres to a good game guys, these games are the best the NHL has to offer.

Try being a Bruins fan in the Vancouver area, lots of swearing and name calling, a few middle fingers, but luckily no violence.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Heres to a good game guys, these games are the best the NHL has to offer.

Try being a Bruins fan in the Vancouver area, lots of swearing and name calling, a few middle fingers, but luckily no violence.

I guess this wasn't you? :naughty:

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
What a bunch of d-bags. Poor guy must've been scared ****less..
Honestly, I was surprised nobody ended up punching him in the face.

Don't know why people seem to be so generally angry at sporting events in Boston and Philly but that's not for me. I watch hockey because I find it entertaining ; not because it gives me an excuse to act like *that!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad