GDT: Montreal at Boston - 03/24/2014 - RDS TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pine*

I don't think he is even close to Price in potential and skills, but the man is a solid back-up. Why can't anyone be for their coach on some decisions? Too much bashing going on as I see it.

Because it's ****ing stupid. Maybe if it was based on rationality...

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
there would also be ample evidence that suggests he has made correct decisions as well, seeing as they are third in their division.

Or it's evidence that the team is quite talented, if it's managed to pull this off despite poor coaching decisions.

And he may be a 'hockey man' but it would be naive to think that the coaching staff does not look at stats (both conventional and advanced). But he also has access to something that we do not, the feel of the room. While this is qualitative it can't be ignored.

I'm having trouble explaining how "feel" can justify employing the NHL's worst defenseman on the first pair.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's funny how a while ago people were praising Budaj, even going as far as making a thread on here talking about his trade value and some (very few crazies) even suggesting that Budaj should be a starter.

Then Price comes back from the Olympics, is out for some games due to injury. Budaj becomes our starter and is exposed and plays bad, now he's horrible.

Another case of what have you done for me lately. See James Reimer.. :)

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Because it's ****ing stupid. Maybe if it was based on rationality...

It's not ****ing stupid. We have two back-to-back games, Boston and Buffalo, out of those two the game we have a higher chance of losing is Boston tonight. So why not play your backup and hope for an upset while resting Price who just came back from a groin injury and have him play the "easier" and "more winnable" game tomorrow?

I undertand that playing Price will give you a better chance at winning tonight, but we shouldn't forget that groin injuries are hard to come back from, he's likely not at 100% yet.

Koivu777

Feb 26, 2012
QebuMdS.gif

Almost 300 wins under his belt with over 500 games. Best Coach in the world?​

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It's not ****ing stupid. We have two back-to-back games, Boston and Buffalo, out of those two the game we have a higher chance of losing is Boston tonight. So why not play your backup and hope for an upset while resting Price who just came back from a groin injury and have him play the "easier" and "more winnable" game tomorrow?

I undertand that playing Price will give you a better chance at winning tonight, but we shouldn't forget that groin injuries are hard to come back from, he's likely not at 100% yet.

So it was confirmed Price indeed had a groin injury? Wasn't it reported to be tendinitis in one of his knees?

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
Ok we are winning, we are in the playoffs and not fighting for a spot, and I still do not have 100% confidence in our coach and I end up screaming at the TV about decisions he has made/ or is making. Is it me or the coach??

I hated DD but guess what- I was wrong, he is in a win/win situation now; Subban started showing some of his magic again past few games, We are near the top in PP and PK, so is it me or the coach? i guess it comes down to my biggest gripe about him--keep consistent lines. Let the guys gel..

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

You have enough faith that your back up goalie might beat the best team in the league but not enough faith that he can beat the worst team in the league?

Let's face it, Therrien is putting the cart before the horse and playing to win tomorrow when there are 4 points up for grabs.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
You have enough faith that your back up goalie might beat the best team in the league but not enough faith that he can beat the worst team in the league?

Let's face it, Therrien is putting the cart before the horse and playing to win tomorrow when there are 4 points up for grabs.

In the grand scheme of things winning tonight's game isn't as important as having a healthy Price for the playoffs. Why put him throught what will surely be a physical and very intense game?

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Budaj starting? where is the logic? We may face the bruins in the playoffs and without price, we dont know where we stand and they are on fire too.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
In the grand scheme of things winning tonight's game isn't as important as having a healthy Price for the playoffs. Why put him throught what will surely be a physical and very intense game?

Montreal tends to play to their opponent though. This game tonight will be structured and precise whereas the Buffalo game they'll be loose and there will be more odd man rushes.

I just think its more important for Price to play this game against Boston because if they feel they have real aspirations to come out of the East, they need to beat Boston. Unless he's hurt, than its understandable but don't play him tomorrow. Call up Tokarski and give him another Buffalo game.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I thought i was starting to hate the Leafs more then the Bruins but after reading the Bruins Board I realize how much I hate the Bruins... Bruins fans with there typical Crush'em.. kill.. wanna see blood attitude.. man they should go watch UFC if that's all they want to see... Hopefully the boys will have a big game.. I Hope Vanek finds the holes in between Rask's arm like he talked about on 24CH.

habitue*

Weird line up moves....

No Price... Is he injured ? Are they scared he's gonna be hit by the Bruins ? When Playoffs arrive, and if the Habs have to play the Bruins, are they gonna use Budaj, still ? No, they gonna put Price between the pipes.

No Parros... If they think it's gonna be a rough game, what not use him ? Just take one of the midget out of the line up... Briere ???

No Tinordi... A bit of size and toughness on the backend is never too much. Instead we have a Bouillon-Weaver combo...

Mail the two points, boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad