GDT: Montreal at Boston - 03/24/2014 - RDS TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor

To be fair to Therrien, every time he does something that seems completely insane, it seems to result in a win.

Agreed. He's made some good moves. If he's not injured, I would have started Price tonight though.

Lemons

Mar 26, 2008
Price needs to channel Hasek
PK needs to channel Orr
Galchenyuk needs to channel Sundin
Plekanec needs to channel Federov
Vanek needs to channel Hull
Markov needs to channel himself.

We got dis, mayne

pine*

If you keep throwing **** at the wall, some of it will stick eventually.

Angels

Mar 10, 2014
Canada
:cry: So unhappy about Budja being in net instead of Price. Nothing against Budja but this is against Boston, when they are HOT. :help:

I hope Price isn't injured again...omg if he is, I am going JVR head hunting.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Hopefully he keeps making those poor decisions because they're working.

If I play the roulette and bet my life savings on number 3 three times in a row and end up winning three times, that does neither make it a good decision nor does it mean I will get away with it a fourth time.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
So if we play Boston in the playoffs are we going to keep playing Budaj? For ****s sakes, we play Buffalo next. Stick Price in against our rivals and Budaj against the rebuilding team.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Therrien is either a Pejorative Slured moron or a ****ing genius. Hopefully he comes out as a genius tonight.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
So if we play Boston in the playoffs are we going to keep playing Budaj? For ****s sakes, we play Buffalo next. Stick Price in against our rivals and Budaj against the rebuilding team.

You know he's thinking of securing the win tomorrow.

I kinda agree. Put Buds in and force him to make up for his dismal performance against the B's last week and stack your odds against Buffalo. We'll see. When I think coach T does something right, it usually comes out as a bad decision.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
The only reason why he's starting Budaj instead of Price is that he really wants the win against Buffalo instead of Boston.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
I heard he put Price's name on the left side of the locker room and Budaj's on the right. Then slowly walked to the back of the room and then punted a garbage bin as hard as he could at the back wall. It happened to land closer to Budaj's name on the right side, therefore he's the starter.

Its foolproof really.

and despite all this Habs sit third in the division. And even Price himself admitted to being a work in progress, so maybe they know a little more than we do, just a thought.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Murray and Subban?! Feel bad for the guy. Now instead of seeing Frank the Tank for 25 minutes we're going to see Doug the Slug for 25.

Such baffling personnel decisions.

Both of those guys should be eating hot dogs in the pressbox and Tinordi and NateB should be in. They are clearly better than those two plugs.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
If I play the roulette and bet my life savings on number 3 three times in a row and end up winning three times, that does neither make it a good decision nor does it mean I will get away with it a fourth time.

In the end it really is just your opinion that the decision is wrong, and MT believes it's the right decision. The difference? You have absolutely nothing to lose if your decision is wrong

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Price still doesn't look back to form yet after his injury but you'd think he'd be playing tonight if he was healthy. Anyway lets hope Budaj comes up big and ends that Bruins winning steak tonight.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
In the end it really is just your opinion that the decision is wrong, and MT believes it's the right decision. The difference? You have absolutely nothing to lose if your decision is wrong

The other difference is that the evidence points to Therrien making bad decisions.

Therrien would hardly be the first "hockey man" to make a bad decision, and frankly, Therrien's not on his first bad decision either.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Or a good roster wins despite the poor decisions thrust upon it?

Whenever people blame the roster and say Therrien is doing all he can they need only look at the starting lineup for this game. We're playing one of the best defensemen in the world alongside a guy who shouldn't be in this league. We're sitting a guy in Weaver who has been plus possession playing 20 tough minutes a night on a crappy team in favour of Frankie freaking Bouillion.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
The other difference is that the evidence points to Therrien making bad decisions.

Therrien would hardly be the first "hockey man" to make a bad decision, and frankly, Therrien's not on his first bad decision either.

there would also be ample evidence that suggests he has made correct decisions as well, seeing as they are third in their division. And he may be a 'hockey man' but it would be naive to think that the coaching staff does not look at stats (both conventional and advanced). But he also has access to something that we do not, the feel of the room. While this is qualitative it can't be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad