GDT: Montreal at Boston - 03/24/2014 - RDS TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 1 min
Bournival is back at practice with his teammates. Eller, who missed the end of Saturday's game due to a lower-body injury is also on the ice

John Bartlett ‏@BartsBytes 3 mins
#Habs Peter Budaj warming up in visiting net, looks like he's starts against Bruins tonight. #Habson690

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
No point in putting Price (and his confidence) at risk. Budaj also has good numbers versus the Bruins, so its a safe bet.

Budaj has looked poor the last few games, including against Boston. I love the guy but we should be starting Price. We have one of the best goalies in the world, who has tremendous mental strength. No need to shelter him against anyone

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
No point in putting Price (and his confidence) at risk. Budaj also has good numbers versus the Bruins, so its a safe bet.

Except you know, they're fighting for home ice in the first round and 3rd in the conference which is of vital importance. Not to mention Buffalo is just horrible right now and that game is at home.

Price should be in tonight and Budaj tomorrow. Poor coachign decision even though Peter has been historically good against the Bruins, considering the importance of the game and how bad he was the last meeting. Who knows though, maybe he begged for a chance to redeem himself.

pine*

****ing therrien **** this **** ****ing idiot what the flying **** jesus **** get this ****er out of ****ing here

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Definitely not a normal decision. Something must be wrong with Price.

There's a few possibilities. Price might need the rest but I think it could be that theyll expect Budaj to play well then Price can dominate the sabres, that way we have a shot at at least one win.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Definitely not a normal decision. Something must be wrong with Price.

We're talking about a man that played Bouillon the highest EV ice time last game. That is, he played Francis Bouillon, a guy that sat out for a month because he wasn't good enough, the most even strength minutes of any player in an important division game at the end of the season.

This is par for the course for Therrien and not really all that surprising. His reasoning is probably something like "Well if we get lucky and win that's fine, but if not I want my best goalie in against a crap team to ensure 2 points" - the old cart before the horse mentality.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I think michel is just playing 'hunches'.

Could be. Doubt it though. My guess is Price tweaked his knee again, or has the flu or something. You don't play your backup when you're facing the hottest team in the NHL and you play the worst one the next day.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 1 min
Bournival is back at practice with his teammates. Eller, who missed the end of Saturday's game due to a lower-body injury is also on the ice

John Bartlett ‏@BartsBytes 3 mins
#Habs Peter Budaj warming up in visiting net, looks like he's starts against Bruins tonight. #Habson690

Any word on lines and d-pairs for tonight?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think michel is just playing 'hunches'.

I heard he put Price's name on the left side of the locker room and Budaj's on the right. Then slowly walked to the back of the room and then punted a garbage bin as hard as he could at the back wall. It happened to land closer to Budaj's name on the right side, therefore he's the starter.

Its foolproof really.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Any word on lines and d-pairs for tonight?

Berkshire just said it's Murray-Subban tonight. And I saw Tinordi with cube

Edit:

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 10m
#Habs lines vs #Bruins:
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Vanek
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bourque - Brière - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Weise

void

Jan 5, 2006
Murray is paired with Subban. :facepalm:

Bourque - Briere - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Weise

Markov - Emelin
Murray - Subban
Tinordi - Bouillon

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Murray is paired with Subban. :facepalm:

Bourque - Briere - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Weise

Markov - Emelin
Murray - Subban
Tinordi - Bouillon

Weaver has been our best '3rd pairing' d for a while now.

Of course he sits :laugh:

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
"Boston fans will spit and throw insults at you if they ever see you wearing a Habs jersey, but hey other than that, we're a great fanbase am I right guys? Go Bs!"

**** Boston.

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Berkshire just said it's Murray-Subban tonight. And I saw Tinordi with cube

Edit:

John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 10m
#Habs lines vs #Bruins:
Bourque - Brière - Gionta
Moen - Eller - Weise

W2pJ3.gif

Now we're talking

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Budaj? Jesus Christ.

You can't keep going to the well every time against the Bruins, Therrien. One time, probably tonight, its going to blow up in your face.

It's a divisional rivalry game, and we're fighting for home ice.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
4 games in 6 nights, I wouldn't put much into the lineups on ho sits and all. Weaver, Price, Murray, Bouillon, none of them should play in back to back action

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
As much as I'd like Eller to succeed, our 4th line looks great. I think we can get some offense out of it as well. Plus I like that Briere line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad