GDT: Montreal at Boston - 03/24/2014 - RDS TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Just avoid the washrooms if you can. I had to piss at intermission and getting stuck in the bathroom with all Bruins fans was painful. The guy ahead of me in the line also wearing a Habs jersey had spit all over his back. Gotta couple remarks about my jersey but I wasn't spit on at least.

Boston full of very tough young Irish boys, to this day. Watch out. Though I would put our local Gars from all our tough neighborhoods against them any time. Don't go after a Montreal tough french kid, Ever. You will lose. :)

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Seriously??? Man, that's incredibly disappointing, assuming the other Habs fan did nothing to provoke being spit on. I'm cool with harmless trash-talk with the locals; it's actually a lot of fun. But to have some oily trailer-trash aim his body fluid... what a frikkin low-life.

Dude. Boston has issues way beyond Habs. Kids without banker parents really struggle there. Just like they do here.

Yes they're idiots, but kids all over the world are idiots these days. Don't blame them, blame the world right now.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Seriously??? Man, that's incredibly disappointing, assuming the other Habs fan did nothing to provoke being spit on. I'm cool with harmless trash-talk with the locals; it's actually a lot of fun. But to have some oily trailer-trash aim his body fluid... what a frikkin low-life.

I hate hearing stories like this for any fan of any team. I'm a Bruins fan who lives an hour outside of Montreal and have always been well received in all my years going to Habs games with a B's jersey on..

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
My cousin went with his mom to Boston last year. And my aunt who is a 55years old, got pushed down to the floor during the first intermission.

Analyzer*

I'll say it again.

Please show up and don't get run over by that which is the Boston train.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Pretty confident Habs will pull out a victory. I'm ready to bet nothing on it.

Angels

Mar 10, 2014
Canada
All I ask is that no one gets seriously injured. This is one game, as much as I would to win; I will live if we lose this and move on to win the rest.

The last thing we need is more injury, especially to Subban, Patches, and the Gallys.

If Price gets injured because of them, kill them. We aren't getting far in the playoffs without him anyways. Might as well take them with us.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
We can not play like we did against Toronto, Columbus or Ottawa. We need the team that beat Roy and the Avs tonite. Bad enough they beat us pretty bad when the Mrs and I were in Montreal for the game; now we need to make a statement heading into the playoffs. Maybe see Parros tonight?? Keep them from taking liberty in their home horse ***** barn

Canadian_Brewtality

Feb 16, 2005
pretty simple.
If Price has a strong game, i think we win.
He has just been OK since he returned.

Gonna be a special teams battle.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Boston isn't that "tough" anymore. Iginla has been on fire recently though, and keeping him off the scoresheet won't be easy.

That second line of Iginla - Krejci - Lucic is ****ing nuts. May very well be the best line in the league right now. Two big mean skilled power forwards flanking a very skilled playmaker with great vision.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005

For revenge could go to the Broons board and spit on it but then there would just be saliva on your screen. Okay we win 7-0 tonight and Bouillon valiantly punches Chara and makes him cry. That would be cool.

Go Habs Go !!!

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Boston fan, you'll get a lot of crap. Especially if your sitting nose bleeds. If your sitting loge (front section) it will not be as bad, but you'll still get crap. I agree with the poster above try to go to the bathroom during the game and not at intermission because people will potentially spit or throw stuff at you. There's always drunk *******s, don't take it personally. Most of the fan base is fine. Enjoy Boston, Go B's.

lol wtf man

Those guys are like " sportz = life "

What a bunch of no-life idiots

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Boston is basically on the same level as Montreal in terms of idiots at and around the game. A friend of mine many years ago had a large beverage thrown at him after a Canucks game when Canucks beat Montreal. It happens everywhere.

That being said though, there is one place I think is definitely worse than Boston or Montreal. Philly is that place. Even the security people are *******s apparently. I've heard of cars with out of town plates getting vandalized, people being assaulted, spit on, everything you can think of, and that's just at Flyers games. I've heard it's way worse for NFL games.

To top it all off, the city is a joke compared to Boston or Montreal, as a whole. Severe inferiority complex going on in that city.

BAS7ARD1Z3R

Nov 29, 2013
I've got a similar (kinda) story. I know it was an exception and isn't representative of Boston fans as a whole, but I went to a game at the TD Garden sporting my numberless habs jersey last year and after I had just left the arena, some random drunk screamed xenophobic imprecations and threw a HALF-EMPTY BEER BOTTLE at me before leaving the scene, hidden by the crowd around him.

Fortunately, the bottle missed me by a nautic mile and exploded into the pavement at my feet. As a result, however, beer got everywhere on my jersey, pants and shoes hence the similitudes with your story.

But yeah, Boston as a whole is a pretty hostile territory for us Canadiens fans. If I ever go to there to watch a game again I'll be sure not to sport my Habs jersey, lesson learned.

My story goes like this: I was walking around in Edinburgh also wearing a numberless jersey, got cornered by 5. Luckily got out of it without a scratch but still ended up getting spitted on by one of them. But hey... they thought I was American and the "C" stood for Chicago. Later on I found out that your not really allowed walking around outdoors with any kind of "sports-jersey" to prevent those kind of situations because they tend to end up with not just spit but way worse. I guess you just gotta always watch out, if your either in the nest of your opponents or just walking down the street some place else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad