GDT: Montreal at Boston - 03/24/2014 - RDS TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm in Boston to see the game. Very excited!

Been to Boston plenty of times but never went to a game there! I've never had any issues wearing my Habs jersey at other arenas (Washington, NY, Florida) but I admit I'd be a little more aware of fan reaction in Bruin-town. Boston in general is great, but curious how the hockey fans treat the visiting Habs fans.

Have fun!

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Been to Boston plenty of times but never went to a game there! I've never had any issues wearing my Habs jersey at other arenas (Washington, NY, Florida) but I admit I'd be a little more aware of fan reaction in Bruin-town. Boston in general is great, but curious how the hockey fans treat the visiting Habs fans.

Have fun!

Wore a Habs hoody around the city last year in March; there were a few choice words but nothing violent threatened. Good luck

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I'm in Boston to see the game. Very excited!

Have fun!

Just avoid the washrooms if you can. I had to piss at intermission and getting stuck in the bathroom with all Bruins fans was painful. The guy ahead of me in the line also wearing a Habs jersey had spit all over his back. Gotta couple remarks about my jersey but I wasn't spit on at least.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
All good guesses, but I'll wait a little bit before posting the original picture. That's how much of a tease I am :laugh:

Well if it's HiRes, must be one of the more recent ones. So Armstrong, Wisniewski, Leach, O'Byrne, maybe Lang? Did they have HiRes pictures in Zednik's time here?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Just avoid the washrooms if you can. I had to piss at intermission and getting stuck in the bathroom with all Bruins fans was painful. The guy ahead of me in the line also wearing a Habs jersey had spit all over his back. Gotta couple remarks about my jersey but I wasn't spit on at least.

Seriously??? Man, that's incredibly disappointing, assuming the other Habs fan did nothing to provoke being spit on. I'm cool with harmless trash-talk with the locals; it's actually a lot of fun. But to have some oily trailer-trash aim his body fluid... what a frikkin low-life.

Dtb1381

Dec 30, 2011
Boston
Seriously??? Man, that's incredibly disappointing, assuming the other Habs fan did nothing to provoke being spit on. I'm cool with harmless trash-talk with the locals; it's actually a lot of fun. But to have some oily trailer-trash aim his body fluid... what a frikkin low-life.

Boston fan, you'll get a lot of crap. Especially if your sitting nose bleeds. If your sitting loge (front section) it will not be as bad, but you'll still get crap. I agree with the poster above try to go to the bathroom during the game and not at intermission because people will potentially spit or throw stuff at you. There's always drunk *******s, don't take it personally. Most of the fan base is fine. Enjoy Boston, Go B's.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Can't believe nobody whined about Bouillon yet. Hopefully this GDT is more readable than the last one.

My Guess, Bouillon is the original shooter for the crop ;)

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Boston fan, you'll get a lot of crap. Especially if your sitting nose bleeds. If your sitting loge (front section) it will not be as bad, but you'll still get crap. I agree with the poster above try to go to the bathroom during the game and not at intermission because people will potentially spit or throw stuff at you. There's always drunk *******s, don't take it personally. Most of the fan base is fine. Enjoy Boston, Go B's.

Thanks. Funny - I've gushed about how much I love Boston. It's hard to imagine the many great people I've met there co-existing with this other species you're describing. Anyway, I'm a middle-aged dude who usually inspires a degree of respect -- I'm confident even the most drunken *****s will call me sir as they spit.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
The number on Vanek might even be shopped too, so who knows? I'm going to say Cole based on the posture.

EDIT: all recent #20's were mentioned already except Mike Johnson, but again, righty...

EDIT 2: Oh god, P.J. Stock wore #20 and he was a lefty...

Last edited:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Lang wore a CCM helmet but Zednik and Cole did not. However, Lang had Easton gloves...not TPS. Cole had Bauer gloves and helmet. Zednik used bauer and easton throughout his time in Montreal so I don't think it is him.

Last edited:

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC

I've got a similar (kinda) story. I know it was an exception and isn't representative of Boston fans as a whole, but I went to a game at the TD Garden sporting my numberless habs jersey last year and after I had just left the arena, some random drunk screamed xenophobic imprecations and threw a HALF-EMPTY BEER BOTTLE at me before leaving the scene, hidden by the crowd around him.

Fortunately, the bottle missed me by a nautic mile and exploded into the pavement at my feet. As a result, however, beer got everywhere on my jersey, pants and shoes hence the similitudes with your story.

But yeah, Boston as a whole is a pretty hostile territory for us Canadiens fans. If I ever go to there to watch a game again I'll be sure not to sport my Habs jersey, lesson learned.

morgan_mtl

Apr 1, 2008
Montreal
There is virtually no hires picture of Vanek in a Habs uniform. I had to cheat and I didn't even think about left/right... This could turn into a quiz: whose body is this? :laugh:

My guess is Marion Hossa and I had stopped watching hockey the day before the trade for over a year so I'm only assuming he wore #20?

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I've got a similar (kinda) story. I know it was an exception and isn't representative of Boston fans as a whole, but I went to a game at the TD Garden sporting my numberless habs jersey last year and after I had just left the arena, some random drunk screamed xenophobic imprecations and threw a HALF-EMPTY BEER BOTTLE at me before leaving the scene, hidden by the crowd around him.

Fortunately, the bottle missed me by a nautic mile and exploded into the pavement at my feet. As a result, however, beer got everywhere on my jersey, pants and shoes hence the similitudes with your story.

But yeah, Boston as a whole is a pretty hostile territory for us Canadiens fans. If I ever go to there to watch a game again I'll be sure not to sport my Habs jersey, lesson learned.

It's unfortunate it's come to that in town...bunch of idiots making the fanbase look bad. Healthy trash talk is fine and even a lot of fun, but there's a lot of *******s.

I've yet to make a trek up to Montreal, but being at MSG for Game 4 Bs/Rangers last year, I didn't have an issue. Biggest reason for that of course is that I'm not an a-hole visiting team fan. (And being up 3-0 in the series didn't hurt). Enjoyed chatting it up with some Rangers season ticket holders. Had one drunk college guy toe the line at first, but then settled down and we chided each other back and forth.

Sorry you can't wear your jersey anymore. Sucks.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Lang wore a CCM helmet but Zednik and Cole did not. However, Lang had Easton gloves...not TPS. Cole had Bauer gloves and helmet. Zednik used bauer and easton throughout his time in Montreal so I don't think it is him.

The only player I remember wearing TPS at one point was Spacek (I think I'm thinking of the correct player although I do remember it was a D-Man) so I'll make him my guess.

HabsInsideOut

Sep 20, 2008
Montreal
spacek_wall11.jpg

Yup Spacek. I think this is it.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
A bit early, but I won't be able to post it until tomorrow near to game time...

GO HABS GO !!!

Vanek= Bruins killer. Cover Subby all you want, then Vanek will kill you. I think Habs take this one. :):)

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Everyone of your posts are: Im going to be at ______, anyone going?

Thats starting to be creepy man

The last post he had, he was claiming to be a Kings fan, and I asked him why the f... are you on our board if youre a kings fan... No answer

The previous one he said that he left the bell centre during the Avs game in the 2nd intermission when it was 2-2 because he found the game boring...

In an other one he was asking if anyone wanted to go on an Eurotrip with him.

Oh! and before that he asked if there was any hot dog stands around montreal, when he claims to be from montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad