GDT: Montreal at Boston - 03/24/2014 - RDS TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
The way I see it, we outplayed them for the first 10-13 minutes. Got lots of chances, played them hard, hit them and didn't let them gain the offensive zone so easily. They seemed to adjust after the first goal, and now its our turn for the second period.

I like Emelin's play, Bork is looking alright too.
Those two injuries hurt. Hopefully Weise and Moen are alright, although I'm skeptical about Moen. He looked shaken up, like Parros 2.0 in that fight.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
By the way, I don't think Emelin throwing that hit is smart (why anger Looch on the first shift?), but I don't think it is a penalty.

I just want to know how it is any different than what Marchand got suspended for.

From Bruins board.

Absolutely classic, Emelin should be suspended for a clean hip check! Good times folks, good times.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Emelin didn't want to fight Chara, did he?

Some of you guys don't understand the mental game of hockey that has a direct result on the physical game.

Our Habs are too busy now dodging hits instead of playing hockey.

The Bruins' skill and speed is burning us more than their extracurricular activity. Hamilton and Krug are making successful pinch after successful pinch and they have a ton of speed on that team.

habitue*

Be in the lead.

Who cares, as long as the results are tere. They don't give extra points for hits and cheapshots.

I don't think you understand the real outcome of this game even if Habs win it. The game is not over yet and we already have two guys injured.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
BUDDAH

tumblr_n1qn088hhH1qe46u5o3_r1_500.gif

TheRooster

Dec 31, 2013
Montreal
Boston's fans are the most peculiar people in the world. If a Canadien refuses to fight then he's turtling or a *****, when Markov of all people want's to fight Kejci he's a ***** and a loser for going after their fist centre..... The double standard really confuses me...

They're Bruins' fans.

Is that not enough of an explanation?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
BTW Moen got destroyed because he clearly didn't want to fight. He wasn't mad, he wasn't angry at Miller for being a yellow POS. You could tell he did it cuz he felt he had to but his heart wasn't in it. His heart hasn't been in it for a long time. And if you go toe to toe against a guy who has the fire and is mad then it's the best way to get destroyed.

Krautso

Nov 30, 2007
Boston was definitely controlling the play for the last 10-12 minutes, but dominating? Come on, they're on pace for 30 shots, and had 3 legit scoring chances. A lot of the play in the offensive zone was a meaningless cycle game with shots being deflected or forced to the outside. We do need to establish more than the occasional play in their zone or we're gonna pay for it in the long term, but we're not being dominated.

boston are a perimeter team. Good on the boards but the only scoring chance they got from possession was when krejci of all people cut into the slot. Everything else was off the rush.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Emelin didn't want to fight Chara, did he?

Some of you guys don't understand the mental game of hockey that has a direct result on the physical game.

Our Habs are too busy now dodging hits instead of playing hockey.

Again, Parros isn't Chara. He doesn't do that kind of enforcing.

couris

Dec 28, 2005
Plekanec, DD, Pacioretty, Briere shying away from contact isn't helping. They're essentially conceding possession. They rush to get rid of the puck when they see pressure is coming.

old problem is old

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Defense is part of the game too. Ours was great in the opening period.

... It really wasn't. Poor puck controlling, fumbling passes, can't take the puck out of the zone safely... We're just withdrawn into our shells right now. The hammer will keep on knocking until the shell breaks, and by the looks of it, it won't take too long for that to happen.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Plekanec, DD, Pacioretty, Briere shying away from contact isn't helping. They're essentially conceding possession. They rush to get rid of the puck when they see pressure is coming.

Dump and chase will never work with this squad for a reason. Guys like DD, Briere, Plekanec, Vanek, Galchenyuk, even Pacioretty at times are better skating around than through contact. Bruins struggle staying coordinated against small, fast player, but that only works if the small players actually have the puck.

Relying on exploitation scoring and grinding against a team as deep as the Bruins is dumb as ****.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

If they're shying away from contact in a regular season game, what are they going to do in a tight checking 7 game playoff series?

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Im watching away from my computer but I just want to chime in on Bruins "Culture"

In hockey: you get hit, you take a number, you get them back by hitting them. That's how it's supposed to work. That's what the hypocritical Bruins org and fans preach, but do not practice. This team is the most petty group of babies. They can't stand getting hit, they can't stand getting exposed as a team that isn't really that "big and bad" as they would want you to believe. Outside Lucic and Chara? Not really that intimidated. And even still, those two just take dumb penalties all day.

I love to hate the Bruins because it's so damn easy. Easily the dirtiest team in the league.

Also what happened with that tweet from a boston reporter being homophobic about Moen? anyone know?

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
let's not get into their game, speed and transition, this is how you win against them. They need to skate faster in the next two periods.

Hey MTL-rules... they were the faster, and more dangerous team. They're not in 1st because of their fisticuffs

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Where is Tinordi Parros and White when you need them??????

Scartch Weiver Bournival and play Tinordi and Parros!!!! Wake up Therrien!

I love Parros, but he's one fight away from becoming a crossing guard.

Do not want to see one of our guys brain damaged. Ever.

Saintpatrick*

Lmao what a wimp

He's just a Bruins homer and because Lucic was the target of said hip check he wants them eliminated but I'm sure if it was the other way around he would have said it was a clean hard hit (Which it was)

Apr 28, 2010
Boston's fans are the most peculiar people in the world. If a Canadien refuses to fight then he's turtling or a *****, when Markov of all people want's to fight Kejci he's a ***** and a loser for going after their fist centre..... The double standard really confuses me...

Saw Thornton going after Desharnais too. :laugh: What a guy

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I figure Moen is out for the rest of the game but did Weise come back?

It's the intermission right now. From what I saw, he was holding his wrist when going to the bench. Probably when he put his hands when hitting the board, so it's highly doubtful to see him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad