Roster Building Thread - Part XII(Training Camp/Preseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Interesting. I'm wondering if Panarin can repeat a 100+ points season with that setup.
Do you think he reaches 100 points if they swap Trocheck and Laf on the powerplay? Panarin has finished with over 35 points on the powerplay the last 3 seasons. Even if they take a step back, the difference between Laf and Trocheck on PP1 probably won't be the reason he does or does not reach 100 points.

Reactions: bhamill

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Do you think he reaches 100 points if they swap Trocheck and Laf on the powerplay? Panarin has finished with over 35 points on the powerplay the last 3 seasons. Even if they take a step back, the difference between Laf and Trocheck on PP1 probably won't be the reason he does or does not reach 100 points.

I rather have Panarin dominate in the playoffs than get him regular season points.

Reactions: bhamill

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
My initial comment was ”why does this team think they need 2 power play units” implying that they want to prioritize them both equally. This was because the tweet showed Fox and Panarin on different units and it would make no sense to do anything other than give them equal time with those two split up. I have no idea what you are even arguing with I never said they can’t try new stuff lol. I’ve been the biggest critic of adjusting PP1
Your implication was not clear. Also they obviously NEED at least a PP2 because PP1 cant play the whole 2, 4 or 5 mins of a powerplay...
What I have been saying since PP1 shit the bed again against the Panthers is that we need alternatives that are ready to be deployed in the playoffs, rather than developed on the spot. That hasn't changed... So then I have no idea what you are arguing with either... hahahaha.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Replacing Trochek with Laf on PP1 makes no sense.
How does it not make sense? Besides faceoffs, Trocheck doesn’t really have a role on the PP. He’s not a shooter, a distributor , playmaker, or net front guy.

You already have a right handed center in Zibanejad .

Laf at least offers a precious left handed shot, and is a more skilled player.

Imagine Panarin or Zib taking one timers when the PK actually has a shooting threat on the other side?

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Your implication was not clear. Also they obviously NEED at least a PP2 because PP1 cant play the whole 2, 4 or 5 mins of a powerplay...
What I have been saying since PP1 shit the bed again against the Panthers is that we need alternatives that are ready to be deployed in the playoffs, rather than developed on the spot. That hasn't changed... So then I have no idea what you are arguing with either... hahahaha.
Wait so you interpreted that 100% literally and thought I meant that they didn’t need a second unit whatsoever to mop up the remaining time

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The bumper guy is the 5th most important guy on the Rangers PP as constructed.

Not sure why you'd remove your faceoff God for a guy who is not a faceoff God.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad