GDT: Montreal at Boston - 03/24/2014 - RDS TSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danadiens

Apr 20, 2004
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And two men injured (and our "tough" line finished)
And a team that is hemmed in their own zone for most of the period
And five pathetic shots on goal

The mission is what exactly?

Be in the lead.

Who cares, as long as the results are tere. They don't give extra points for hits and cheapshots.

Davebo*

You're so ****ing negative. Get off this board.

He's gone - in my eyes ;)

It's hard enough trying to ignore the negatives on this team without some whiny, quasi-bruins fan passively aggressively constantly putting the team down...

So tedious

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Boston was definitely controlling the play for the last 10-12 minutes, but dominating? Come on, they're on pace for 30 shots, and had 3 legit scoring chances. A lot of the play in the offensive zone was a meaningless cycle game with shots being deflected or forced to the outside. We do need to establish more than the occasional play in their zone or we're gonna pay for it in the long term, but we're not being dominated.

The amount of shots don't reflect the game. We've always been a team "famed" for its shot-blocking ability and clogging up the middle... Which is exactly what we've done in the first period.

The Bruins controlled and dominated the play in the 1st. We barely managed to get the puck into their zone.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
we need more control from the back-end. It's dumb Beaulieu isn't up because he control the pace of play...the way he skates and sees the game is similar to karlsson. he'll be a steal.

second, why the hell does our d always give the blue line? every time they're skating into the goalie, instead of forcing the guy to beat him or dump it into the corner. not sure who's coaching this d, but we could save all these scares if both d man were not doing the same thing...

i just don't get :dunno:

habitue*

How exactly would you have Parros 'target' Lucic exactly?

Oh right, you put Parros on the ice against the Bruins first line and politely ask Lucic to fight him rather than laugh and score a goal. Great plan.

And don't tell me Parros is going to not take no for an answer without giving me some examples from his career where he's done anything like that.

No. You just hit one of their best player.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I am not impressed by the bruins, threw everything at budaj and cant even score on our backup. horrendous organization, they'll forever be our doormats. haha

If they keep on throwing, they might just get something in.

Habs better wake up sooner than later or it will be like Toronto on Saturday

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
We'll need a bit more puck possession.

Michel-Therrien-620x413.jpg

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
You want Parros out against Boston's top line? Also why in the world would Lucy ever fight someone bigger than him?

Emelin didn't want to fight Chara, did he?

Some of you guys don't understand the mental game of hockey that has a direct result on the physical game.

Our Habs are too busy now dodging hits instead of playing hockey.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Plekanec, DD, Pacioretty, Briere shying away from contact isn't helping. They're essentially conceding possession. They rush to get rid of the puck when they see pressure is coming.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Where is Tinordi Parros and White when you need them??????

Scartch Weiver Bournival and play Tinordi and Parros!!!! Wake up Therrien!

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
The amount of shots don't reflect the game. We've always been a team "famed" for its shot-blocking ability and clogging up the middle... Which is exactly what we've done in the first period.

The Bruins controlled and dominated the play in the 1st. We barely managed to get the puck into their zone.

Defense is part of the game too. Ours was great in the opening period.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Boston's fans are the most peculiar people in the world. If a Canadien refuses to fight then he's turtling or a *****, when Markov of all people want's to fight Kejci he's a ***** and a loser for going after their fist centre..... The double standard really confuses me...

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
The mission is what exactly?

To win the game. Leading after one period is a first step towards that goal.

Nothing is done and we might lose this game but if I have a choice between leading and trailing, I'll take leading. You?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
FFS the team is up 1-0 and the only ****ing thing I see is some whining about why Parros isn't there ! Like he will help this team win ? Stop with the inferiority complex... the Bruins are bigger and meaner, let's not get into their game, speed and transition, this is how you win against them. They need to skate faster in the next two periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad