OT: MLB Thread XLVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hoping Yanks haven't blown it w/DJ Lem.
Some risk on the last year but still worth it.

Wrong guy to play hardball with.
Trade Hicks if we need $ [within the cap]

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This already happened lol.
It's so stupid.

He's 24 and our starting shortstop. The ship has sailed.

You wouldn't ask the Dodgers for Cody Bellinger or ask the Padres for Tatis, so why are the Yankees -a contending team- going to part with a major piece of their lineup?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It's so stupid.

He's 24 and our starting shortstop. The ship has sailed.

You wouldn't ask the Dodgers for Cody Bellinger or ask the Padres for Tatis, so why are the Yankees -a contending team- going to part with a major piece of their lineup?

I don't think the ask is that outlandish?

I'm not saying that I'd do it, but Castillo is really good.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't think the ask is that outlandish?

I'm not saying that I'd do it, but Castillo is really good.
Maybe in this case, it's not too crazy, but the general idea that Torres would be available is very 2017. He's not a hot prospect anymore, he's a starter for the Yankees.

Also, I think Castillo is being overrated just a bit. He's older than people think he is (27) and has a 10.4 fWAR over the last four years. Over the same period, Tanaka has a 9.1 and has been outstanding in the postseason, and he's expendable.

Castillo is cheap and controlled, yes, but you don't trade your starting shortstop who hit 38 homers last year because a guy is cheap and controlled.

Reactions: Hawkman

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Is this guy kidding
5gxsbsm.jpg

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
It's amazing how... professional they've been this off-season.

You jinxed us...spoke too soon...lol

Kidding obviously. Just curious despite how good an offseason the Mets have had, does the word "due diligence" ring a bell and mean anything?

You have to believe they do it for any of the players they have acquired. One would think this shit with Porter would have surfaced in any kind of background check. Oh well...just a little hiccup on what has been an outstanding off season thus far. Still tho Mets will always do Mets shit.

OK that said, now add Jackie Bradley Jr call it a day and let's get ready for spring training.

Reactions: Leetch3

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
What makes dudes think that this is a good idea? I don't care what job you have or how high profile you are, it's just an insane thing to do.

As for the person who will fill in his spot, well they hired their #2 choice for GM to work for the team, seems like a simple choice here.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
OK that said, now add Jackie Bradley Jr call it a day and let's get ready for spring training.

My vote is to avoid him. He has a few hitting streaks but he is too often an automatic out. He’s now 30 years so his bat is likely beyond his low bar peak (which may have been a covid shortened season). Defense is huge but before the NL goes DH you cannot have 2 automatic outs IMO.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
My vote is to avoid him. He has a few hitting streaks but he is too often an automatic out. He’s now 30 years so his bat is likely beyond his low bar peak (which may have been a covid shortened season). Defense is huge but before the NL goes DH you cannot have 2 automatic outs IMO.

Believe me I know all about how putrid his bat is as I've owned him a few times in my longtime fantasy league. That said, we wouldn't be getting him for his bat obviously as Bradley defensively is in the top 2-3 in the sport. Now you do got me thinking tho about someone like Kevin Pillar who is pretty close to Bradley with the glove and is available to be signed.

I would have no problem going along with you and not signing Bradley and instead signing Pillar who is a much better hitter than Bradley and a notch below him defensively is also a right handed bat and a big upgrade over Nimmo.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Believe me I know all about how putrid his bat is as I've owned him a few times in my longtime fantasy league. That said, we wouldn't be getting him for his bat obviously as Bradley defensively is in the top 2-3 in the sport. Now you do got me thinking tho about someone like Kevin Pillar who is pretty close to Bradley with the glove and is available to be signed.

I would have no problem going along with you and not signing Bradley and instead signing Pillar who is a much better hitter than Bradley and a notch below him defensively is also a right handed bat and a big upgrade over Nimmo.

Do you play in a 22 team fantasy league? lol, com’on bro. Bradley in your lineup? You’re better off keeping the spot open in hopes the others keep the numbers high lol.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad