OT: MLB Thread XLVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The Yankees blinked on term. DJ wanted six years and got it. They were close on salary from the get go. The Yankees up until very recently were only offering 5 years. Good contract when all is said and done. $15 million will be a good price for him for most of the contract.

The money is great. He is an excellent hitter and easily Cashman's best find during his tenure as a GM. They still have wiggle room to add some quality pieces which is great.

But 6 years to a player who is 32 and has a history of hand/wrist issues?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If Kluber can remain healthy, especially in the post-season, then that's incredible for the Yankees.

Large 'if'

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Possibly nothing. For one year, though, seems like a worthwhile gamble. I'd have taken that for the Mets.
Yeah, this is an easy low risk, high reward situation for the Yankees. I'm hoping the Mets can come through with a Hand contract to solidify the bullpen. I wonder how much longer the Springer situation will play out too. Maybe they're going to wait until Spring Training nears before make a move for a CF? I think Sandy mentioned that they had their eyes on players that could be potentially available in a few weeks or so.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah, this is an easy low risk, high reward situation for the Yankees. I'm hoping the Mets can come through with a Hand contract to solidify the bullpen. I wonder how much longer the Springer situation will play out too. Maybe they're going to wait until Spring Training nears before make a move for a CF? I think Sandy mentioned that they had their eyes on players that could be potentially available in a few weeks or so.
I'd take Hand, Odorizzi, and Bradley. And then whatever random depth or reclamation projects they find.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Kluber is not a guarantee but signing him is just so exciting. Great to get DJ back as well.

This is a great day as a Yankees fan.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The money is great. He is an excellent hitter and easily Cashman's best find during his tenure as a GM. They still have wiggle room to add some quality pieces which is great.

And is also the best 2nd baseman in the game and legit MVP candidate.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

I'd be much more concerned about knee and back injuries. Overcoming hand and wrist problems or minimizing their impact is very plausible.

I'd have rather had that AAV for 4 years, but the market dictates and DJ has been too good.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
While it may not be a done deal, I do wonder if the Yanks are working on something to get Castillo done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad