OT: MLB Thread XLVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Dude...Add Springer too Lindor and Carassco and Mets would for sure compete with the Dodgers and Braves to represent NL in WS. Someone pinch me to make sure I'm not dreaming this shit!...lol

This is insane stuff as this is the stuff that happens to other teams like the Yankees especially not the Mets.

Wow...this is exciting.

As far as your ???.......Probably Peterson or Lugo

I'd rather put Peterson in that ??? spot and keep Lugo in the pen. Then you shuffle Matz or Peterson to the pen after Thor comes back.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
A solid #3? You're massively undervaluing him. He's an elite number 2 and a solid number 1.

Those results were in Cleveland which is a massively tougher run environment for a pitcher than Citi Field.

Not because he was injured. He missed time because he had Leukemia and then pitched a full season this year. He has almost no recent history of arm injuries.

It's funny. Originally, I was a bit annoyed to see Wolf and Gimenez included (I figured we'd be able to keep Wolf). But then I saw that Carrasco was included and I nearly passed out in joy. I'd drive Gimenez, Wolf, and Rosie to the airport for Lindor and Carrasco. Getting Cookie in that deal and only having to give up Wolf in terms of pitching prospects? Shit, sign me the f*** up.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'd rather put Peterson in that ??? spot and keep Lugo in the pen. Then you shuffle Matz or Peterson to the pen after Thor comes back.

I'm with you as that would be optimal. I just put Lugo as a possibility seeing he had some pretty decent outings last year when he joined the rotation.

Peterson was pretty good too and seeing Matz is pretty much I don't want to say done but man he's been so disappointing, we do need a lefty in the rotation. So yeah, I'd put Peterson in there and let Lugo do his relief thing where he is almost elite there.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
RIP Tommy.

Yeah this blows chunks. Tommy was one of the baseball lifers. Just a great guy. Growing up Lasorda always cracked me up as he was funny but he was also a hell of a good manager. He was so inspirational also. Even as a Met fan, I always admired him and what he did for the Dodgers.

He will be sorely missed as baseball lost one of the good guys.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Obviously not as good but that's the kind of pitcher Maddux was - he was able to fool hitters and paint the corners.

I wasn't denying Maddux wasn't like that. I was just saying Maddux was a far far better pitcher than Carassco that's all despite some similarities in both their approaches to attacking hitters.!!

Bottom line Mets just lengthened their rotation and with Noah out, it's a big deal and like I said just as importantly, as I said a few times, it than gets Stroman slotted much more properly in the rotation.

Bigtime move by the Mets and I am so stoked. Lindor and Carassco...wow...simply wow!!

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Yeah this blows chunks. Tommy was one of the baseball lifers. Just a great guy. Growing up Lasorda always cracked me up as he was funny but he was also a hell of a good manager. He was so inspirational also. Even as a Met fan, I always admired him and what he did for the Dodgers.

He will be sorely missed as baseball lost one of the good guys.
He is the last of baseball's real characters. Here's a collection of some quotes from and about him. Tommy Lasorda Quotes

"All last year we tried to teach him (Fernando Valenzuela) English, and the only word he learned was million."
"He (Fernando Valenzuela) wants Texas back (in respect to his contract demands)." Source: Sports Illustrated (December 28, 1981)

Deleted member 23124

Lindor and Carassco...wow...simply wow!!
As you may or may not know, I've been a Tribe fan since The Bums deserted us. My first real look at Lindor was the year they blew the world series to the Cubs. Every time I saw him, I asked myself "why can't the Mets ever find players like this?"

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
As you may or may not know, I've been a Tribe fan since The Bums deserted us. My first real look at Lindor was the year they blew the world series to the Cubs. Every time I saw him, I asked myself "why can't the Mets ever find players like this?"

I do know your an Indian fan seeing you were the one cautioning myself and anyone else who espoused the Mets signing Bauer. Well now that Carassco is here, no need for Bauer and so I'm firmly off that train so a blessing in disguised I'm sure you are saying...lol

As far as Lindor, I recall Carlos Correa's first year with the Astros and I had him on my fantasy team. That year I ended up winning the title because Correa had such an impact. Anyways, I recall saying to my buddy who had Lindor, that there was no way in hell Lindor would ever be better than Correa. Needless to say, I had to admit I was wrong 3 years ago as Lindor has blown Correa's doors off.

Lindor is a tremendous player and potentially the greatest player the Mets have ever had. He's definitely a top 7-8 overall fantasy guy and so the Mets hit the lottery here. Unreal...simply unreal that this is happening for us!

Deleted member 23124

I do know your an Indian fan seeing you were the one cautioning myself and anyone else who espoused the Mets signing Bauer. Well now that Carassco is here, no need for Bauer and so I'm firmly off that train so a blessing in disguised I'm sure you are saying...lol

As far as Lindor, I recall Carlos Correa's first year with the Astros and I had him on my fantasy team. That year I ended up winning the title because Correa had such an impact. Anyways, I recall saying to my buddy who had Lindor, that there was no way in hell Lindor would ever be better than Correa. Needless to say, I had to admit I was wrong 3 years ago as Lindor has blown Correa's doors off.

Lindor is a tremendous player and potentially the greatest player the Mets have ever had. He's definitely a top 7-8 overall fantasy guy and so the Mets hit the lottery here. Unreal...simply unreal that this is happening for us!
I'm really hoping Stevie can get him signed.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Mets obtaining Lindor after a new Owner replaces the Wilpons is exciting but can a certain portion of the fan base and media calm down a tad with the “greatest player” talk/articles?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Greatest ever lol.

OK OK...a bit of hyperbole on my part. But Lindor does come to the Mets just as Gary Carter and Mike Piazza did back in the day as one of the most talented players the Mets have ever had even before he puts a uniform on.

He does have the pedigree and ability to become a Met legend and an opportunity to become one of the greatest players to ever wear a Met uniform....Tom Seaver withstanding as no on will ever top him but you get the drift.

Is that better? lol

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Was reading instead of Springer, Mets are looking at Jackie Bradley Jr to come in and play center field. Apparently due to the Mets needing to extend Lindor and pay him upwards of $30 mill per, they might not want to do the same thing with Springer which I can kind of understand.

Anyways, despite fact Bradley couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag, I'd go for that move. His fielding is so damn good combined with the rest of the Mets lineup being so lethal, Bradley would be a heck of a nice fit.

So how bout this for a batting order?

1. McNeil-2B
2. Conforto-RF
3. Lindor-SS
4. Alonso-1B
5. D. Smith-LF
6. JD Davis-3B
7. McCann-C
8. Bradley Jr-CF

That my friends is a hell of a sweet batting order and the defense is so much better as well with Bradley in there instead of Nimmo.

Deleted member 23124

OK OK...a bit of hyperbole on my part. But Lindor does come to the Mets just as Gary Carter and Mike Piazza did back in the day as one of the most talented players the Mets have ever had even before he puts a uniform on.

He does have the pedigree and ability to become a Met legend and an opportunity to become one of the greatest players to ever wear a Met uniform....Tom Seaver withstanding as no on will ever top him but you get the drift.

Is that better? lol
It's a start.

Reactions: Maximus

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Was reading instead of Springer, Mets are looking at Jackie Bradley Jr to come in and play center field. Apparently due to the Mets needing to extend Lindor and pay him upwards of $30 mill per, they might not want to do the same thing with Springer which I can kind of understand.

Anyways, despite fact Bradley couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag, I'd go for that move. His fielding is so damn good combined with the rest of the Mets lineup being so lethal, Bradley would be a heck of a nice fit.

1. McNeil-2B
2. Conforto-RF
3. Lindor-SS
4. Alonso-1B
5. D. Smith-LF
6. JD Davis-3B
7. McCann-C
8. Bradley Jr-CF

That my friends is a hell of a sweet batting order and the defense is so much better as well with Bradley in there instead of Nimmo.

The Mets don’t consider Dom an outfielder. Sandy has said the Mets only currently have two outfielders on the team. Nimmo will be in LF when the Mets add a CF. Nimmo is actually rated the 5th best CF in the league by MLB Network. The Mets are banking on the DH being permanent, (as are most teams).

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
The Mets don’t consider Dom an outfielder. Sandy has said the Mets only currently have two outfielders on the team. Nimmo will be in LF when the Mets add a CF. Nimmo is actually rated the 5th best CF in the league by MLB Network. The Mets are banking on the DH being permanent, (as are most teams).
Huh? Nimmo is an awful centerfielder and was rated the worst in baseball defensively.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

1. McNeil-2B
2. Conforto-RF
3. Lindor-SS
4. Alonso-1B
5. D. Smith-LF
6. JD Davis-3B
7. McCann-C
8. Bradley Jr-CF

I'm absolutely on board with a Jackie Bradley signing. His defense is superb and I worry less about him breaking down than Springer. Also, if you sign Jackie Bradley, you can move Nimmo for another SP or maybe an RP and prospects. I really like Nimmo but with Conforto hopefully here long term, an actual CF, and guys like Davis and Smith in LF, I think he could become surplus. I've read quite a few times that there are teams looking for OF help--I think KC, the report was even specifically they needed a LH-hitting OF. I'm sure there'd be a market for Nimmo, who is only $4M this year and has another arbitration year.

Reactions: Maximus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad