OT: MLB Thread XLVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I couldn't name a single Milwaukee player other than Yelich and Hader before this series started.
Also what happened to Yelich after 2019?
cYsWj8Q.png

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Since the Mets need some pitching, people have been talking about trading Villar.

But considering how good his D is, and his bat is pretty good:

Would it be better to dangle JD Davis?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Since the Mets need some pitching, people have been talking about trading Villar.

Unless we're talking about a player that will be around for 2-3 years in the rotation, I wouldn't give up Davis. He isn't great defensively, but his bat is needed. There are eventual 3rd baseman in the system, just not next season. Baty and Vientos are probably 2023 options.

There are plenty of rentals that won't cost that much that can fill in as a 4 or 5 starter. I'd look at Jon Gray from Colorado. Get him out of that ballpark. Would like a bullpen piece too.

Whoever they get will also likely get bumped by Carrasco and Syndergaard when they return. You can't bank on them, but if they are healthy, you're adding two #2s to the rotation.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I like Villar a lot and would like to keep him. Thing is, he's an impending UFA whereas Davis has I believe up to three more years of team control through arbitration. I don't know, it's an interesting scenario, I guess it would come down to what a team offered you. I would be open to trading either for the right price.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Man Conforto f***ing sucks. I don't know what's wrong with him. Do we even want to keep him at this point?

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Man Conforto f***ing sucks. I don't know what's wrong with him. Do we even want to keep him at this point?
Qualify him next year. I just think it’s a lost year for him at this point. He’s looked awful pre and post injury. Unless there is a better FA option that I’m not aware of.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Qualify him next year. I just think it’s a lost year for him at this point. He’s looked awful pre and post injury. Unless there is a better FA option that I’m not aware of.
Yeah I feel like you have to qualify him, in the hope that he either rebounds or doesn't sign and you get the comp. If you just let him walk he'd invariably sign with Atlanta or someone and hit 35 homers. But man, right now, it's painful.

Reactions: NYRKING30

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012

There was a window, right before he got hurt this season, he was hitting well.

The injury messed up his rhythm. Maybe he gets it back, I don't know.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
All star break could be coming at a good time for Conforto. He's healthy, now get away for a while and come back ready to go. Fresh start.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Whatever, they took 2 out of 3 against a white hot Brewers team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad