OT: MLB Thread 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
There's not much in Alonso's batted ball profile to suggest he's due for a big drop off. His exit velocity is where it's been for the last few seasons, which is important. The rest of his rates are mostly in line with his career averages. This is not one of those situations where you see a guy have his exit velocity drop by 3 MPH and his hard hit % crater out, or where he can't lift the ball anymore. I would guess he's just as likely to post a 3.5 fWAR year next season as he is to post a 2.0 fWAR year.

I have no idea what his progression would look like, though. If it were me, I'd let Pete shop himself around, and if no one wanted to give him huge money, see if he'd take 3-4 years. I think he's a fairly safe bet to go for 30+ in each of those 3-4 years.

Reactions: Salsa Shark

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I figured I was wrong.......of course, I never considered Davey boy a pure power hitter......more like a very good hitter with power....
Wright had tremendous power to all fields. Before exit velocities and launch angles were invented, the sound of the ball coming off his bat was all people needed to hear to know. His bat speed allowed him to have his hands way back which let him inside out pitches and there was nowhere safe in the strike zone for pitchers when he was in his prime other than the high heat that occasionally got him chasing. But he could reach down to the outside corner and drive a junk off speed pitch to the right center field wall easily back in his day.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Clay Holmes again LOL. Fire Cashman! Fire Cashman! Fire Cashman! Good grief.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Hell of a managing job keeping DJ in at first in the bottom of the 8th, and then pinch hitting Rizzo for him.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Clay Holmes again LOL. Fire Cashman! Fire Cashman! Fire Cashman! Good grief.
Cashman is truly one of the sporting world’s greatest frauds. Gene Stick Michael built the Yankees dynasty when Steinbrenner was banned. Cashman takes the reins as the core matures and gets all of the credit for the dynasty. Dude proceeds to be a giant sack of crap for the next 20 years and keeps his job. Unbelievable.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Cashman is truly one of the sporting world’s greatest frauds. Gene Stick Michael built the Yankees dynasty when Steinbrenner was banned. Cashman takes the reins as the core matures and gets all of the credit for the dynasty. Dude proceeds to be a giant sack of crap for the next 20 years and keeps his job. Unbelievable.
Been saying it for years. No other GM in sports history has kept a job for this long while making so many mistakes.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Wright had tremendous power to all fields. Before exit velocities and launch angles were invented, the sound of the ball coming off his bat was all people needed to hear to know. His bat speed allowed him to have his hands way back which let him inside out pitches and there was nowhere safe in the strike zone for pitchers when he was in his prime other than the high heat that occasionally got him chasing. But he could reach down to the outside corner and drive a junk off speed pitch to the right center field wall easily back in his day.
That's why I classified him as a very good (actually great) hitter with power rather than a pure power hitter.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah Megill has never really been good. If they do keep him, they really ought to start him in AAA next season as a reliever and just let him focus exclusively on that. He's not going to make it as an SP in the majors.

Reactions: majordomo

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Yeah Megill has never really been good. If they do keep him, they really ought to start him in AAA next season as a reliever and just let him focus exclusively on that. He's not going to make it as an SP in the majors.
Megill is the Ben Harpur of SPs.

Reactions: nyr2k2

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Crazy idea Boone-stop pitching Mayza,he's absolutely garbage

Boone needs to be saved from himself..guy just can't help himself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad