OT: MLB Thread 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Quel surprise!

What is Keith doing in the booth? I recall in the recent past he made comments about hating Philly. Didn't he also say it was in his contract that he didn't have to broadcast Philly games (of course, I could be wrong).

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Knowing the Mets they will get swept by the Nationals, leading everyone to think they're dead, and then they'll go on a tear and sneak into the #3 WC only to score one total run in a quick two-game WC exit.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Knowing the Mets they will get swept by the Nationals, leading everyone to think they're dead, and then they'll go on a tear and sneak into the #3 WC only to score one total run in a quick two-game WC exit.
That will get us a nice banner so the Wilpons would’ve been cool with that.

What a joke of a banner:

1726532926719.png

Reactions: will1066 and nyr2k2

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I actually like alonso's at-bats the last week or so. He's going with the pitch to the opposite field and producing more ground balls, just snakebit. Hit some warning track shots to right center.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Huge win. Come from behind, avoids 3 game losing srteak
Huge win for sure. I'm just concerned that we're clearly still in one of those team-wide slumps. We may scrape by against Washington but we'll be in trouble against Atlanta, Philly, etc.

I've never seen a team that runs so hot and then so cold. When they're on they literally have 12 guys who will put together good, productive ABs. And they'll string together 10+ games of that, and then suddenly, everyone is absolutely terrible. It's really amazing.

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Huge win for sure. I'm just concerned that we're clearly still in one of those team-wide slumps. We may scrape by against Washington but we'll be in trouble against Atlanta, Philly, etc.

I've never seen a team that runs so hot and then so cold. When they're on they literally have 12 guys who will put together good, productive ABs. And they'll string together 10+ games of that, and then suddenly, everyone is absolutely terrible. It's really amazing.
Agreed. It's a jekyll and Hyde offense. They put up 11 in the first game in Philly and then go 19 innings scoreless. I thought that they finally put together a consistently dangerous lineup 1 through 9 when they went on that heater in June. It's been inconsistent.

Reactions: nyr2k2

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
San Diego and Arizona play each other the last 3 games of the season - one of them will lose at least 2 games. Padres also play the dodgers and dbacks also play the brewers so I don't think the schedule is the issue for the mets.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Both San Diego and Arizona have tough schedules. The Padres is 25th in SOS, but that is because they have 3 against the White Sox. The others are 3 vs LAD, 3 vs Arizona, and 2 against Houston.

Atlanta has the easier schedule with Miami and Cincy on their schedule. Fortunately the Reds are actually halfway decent unlike Miami and I can see them winning a game.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
San Diego and Arizona play each other the last 3 games of the season - one of them will lose at least 2 games. Padres also play the dodgers and dbacks also play the brewers so I don't think the schedule is the issue for the mets.
I know the schedule isn't an issue relative to what other teams have in front of them, but it's an issue for us if we're going to continue to be ice cold. If we're going to be doing this 2 runs on 5 hits bullshit every night we're going to be in trouble against Philly and Milwaukee, and while Atlanta doesn't score a lot of runs you're looking at a toss-up.

We need at least 2-3 guys to start hitting. And I don't mean Tyrone Taylor and Jose Iglesias.

Reactions: JimmyG89

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
We need at least 2-3 guys to start hitting. And I don't mean Tyrone Taylor and Jose Iglesias.
Nimmo and Alonso need to get going. These are the two veterans of the team and should be the ones to step up their game. Would like to see Winker get hot too. JD might be a lost cause at this point, he's struggled for over a month now.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Nimmo and Alonso need to get going. These are the two veterans of the team and should be the ones to step up their game. Would like to see Winker get hot too. JD might be a lost cause at this point, he's struggled for over a month now.
They're both just a tad off. Nimmo has smoked some upper deck foul balls and Alonso I think is slowly getting back to form. He'll still strike out but he's hit more liners and ground balls as opposed to pop ups and fly balls all the time. He's had warning track shots to right and right center. But Mendoza can't seem to find that effective 3-4-5 and someone who can protect Alonso a little.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I know the schedule isn't an issue relative to what other teams have in front of them, but it's an issue for us if we're going to continue to be ice cold. If we're going to be doing this 2 runs on 5 hits bullshit every night we're going to be in trouble against Philly and Milwaukee, and while Atlanta doesn't score a lot of runs you're looking at a toss-up.

Yeah I was referring to the relative difficulty. It'll be hard for every team to go 500 down the stretch. It'd be funny if the Mets swept the Phillies out of the top 2 spots and had to play them in the wild card round.

Both San Diego and Arizona have tough schedules. The Padres is 25th in SOS, but that is because they have 3 against the White Sox. The others are 3 vs LAD, 3 vs Arizona, and 2 against Houston.

Atlanta has the easier schedule with Miami and Cincy on their schedule. Fortunately the Reds are actually halfway decent unlike Miami and I can see them winning a game.
Atlanta already had their 3 vs the dodgers.

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad