OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
b9woYgO.jpg

friendly reminder

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Going to start calling the Steinbrenners the coupons. Look at the cash they are raking in.

Reactions: Cassano

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The only way I'm ok with letting him go is if they have a plan for Kluber or if they're really geared towards next year's market.

Stay away from Keuchel. Eovaldi doesn't do anything for me. Happ couldn't cut it in the playoffs. Don't trade the farm for one year of Bumgarner.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The Steinbrenners have done a great job making the fans happy they have spent less money.

The Yanks went from being the Evil Empire of George spending whatever to every baseball writer crying last winter when a crap load of players had to wait to sign low 1 year deals.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Added pressure on the Mets. I like it. Let BVW put his money where his mouth is. Make some more splashes.

The dirty little secret is that Big Balls Brodie wants Bryce. Can he convince the Wilpons to shell out the necessary bucks.

Last edited:

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
Sure.. front load the contract, option the 6th year. A pitcher being 35 at the end of 6 years is not out of wack, especially when you are looking at the next three to four years to bring home a title with the current set of players. Something we haven't seen for a while, WS Champs.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You would have signed him to $140 for 6??

Honestly, $23.3 million isn't #1 starter money anymore and I think he's a good number two. I think his stuff would have translated in Yankee stadium, being that he decreased his 4-seam percentage and his slider/curve percentage increased big time last season, which is the reason for his massive spike in ground ball percentage.

Especially as a lefty in Yankee stadium, we've seen what Happ can do and I think he's better than Happ at this point.

So, yes, I would have.

But if they're holding out for next year's class or a deal for Kluber is in place, I understand then.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Mets are in for JT. I’d deal Matz + Gimenez + Nido

Sign Andrew Miller

1. Nimmo (OF)
2. McNeil (3B)
3. Realmuto (C)
4. Cano (2B)
5. Conforto (OF)
6. Rosario (SS)
7. Alonso (1B)
8. Lagares (OF)

1. deGrom
2. Syndergaard
3. Wheeler
4. ????
5. ????

Lugo
Gsellmen
Miller
Diaz

That team competes with Atlanta. Also hoping Cespedes can be healthy. Also note: Rosario and Conforto really broke out the second half, like really broke out. If they can continue this and has taken the next step. This Mets team will be in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Honestly, $23.3 million isn't #1 starter money anymore and I think he's a good number two. I think his stuff would have translated in Yankee stadium, being that he decreased his 4-seam percentage and his slider/curve percentage increased big time last season, which is the reason for his massive spike in ground ball percentage.

Especially as a lefty in Yankee stadium, we've seen what Happ can do and I think he's better than Happ at this point.

So, yes, I would have.

But if they're holding out for next year's class or a deal for Kluber is in place, I understand then.

I'm not sure about them holding out for Kluber. A few weeks ago there was stuff out there about them talking to the Indians. Didn't go anywhere. The price was ridiculous apparently and they weren't interested in including Florial.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Sign Andrew Miller

1. Nimmo (OF)
2. McNeil (3B)
3. Realmuto (C)
4. Cano (2B)
5. Conforto (OF)
6. Rosario (SS)
7. Alonso (1B)
8. Lagares (OF)

1. deGrom
2. Syndergaard
3. Wheeler
4. ????
5. ????

Lugo
Gsellmen
Miller
Diaz

That team competes with Atlanta. Also hoping Cespedes can be healthy. Also note: Rosario and Conforto really broke out the second half, like really broke out. If they can continue this and has taken the next step. This Mets team will be in the playoffs.
Gsellman sucks and I'd really not like to have Lagares starting every day.

Also, Rosario's breakout was to the tune of a 102 wRC+. That's okay if his defense is really good, which it wasn't, though it did get better. He's obviously your starting SS and has good upside but it could definitely be a weak spot in the lineup.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Eovaldi didn't work out the first time. Why is he being brought up as a possibility again? The guy had one good year on a stacked team. He still had command issues and is a fly ball pitcher. He's what the Yankees should be avoiding.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Sign Andrew Miller

1. Nimmo (OF)
2. McNeil (3B)
3. Realmuto (C)
4. Cano (2B)
5. Conforto (OF)
6. Rosario (SS)
7. Alonso (1B)
8. Lagares (OF)

1. deGrom
2. Syndergaard
3. Wheeler
4. ????
5. ????

Lugo
Gsellmen
Miller
Diaz

They want one of Nimmo, Conforto or Rosario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad