OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Eovaldi didn't work out the first time. Why is he being brought up as a possibility again? The guy had one good year on a stacked team. He still had command issues and is a fly ball pitcher. He's what the Yankees should be avoiding.
He got injured. That's the reason 'it didn't work out'.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
b9woYgO.jpg

friendly reminder
Remember the Yankees cheaped out on signing Moncada, who the Red Sox used as center piece for the best pitcher in baseball?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think one of Nimmo/Conforto go and they sign Pollock or Cutch as a 'replacement'. On their way to building an old ass team.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Mets are in for JT. I’d deal Matz + Gimenez + Nido

Sign Andrew Miller

1. Nimmo (OF)
2. McNeil (3B)
3. Realmuto (C)
4. Cano (2B)
5. Conforto (OF)
6. Rosario (SS)
7. Alonso (1B)
8. Lagares (OF)

1. deGrom
2. Syndergaard
3. Wheeler
4. ????
5. ????

Lugo
Gsellmen
Miller
Diaz

That team competes with Atlanta. Also hoping Cespedes can be healthy. Also note: Rosario and Conforto really broke out the second half, like really broke out. If they can continue this and has taken the next step. This Mets team will be in the playoffs.

lmao that won't get you JT Miller if he were to become a major league baseball player tomorrow.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He does the same thing in the NBA thread with the Knicks. I can’t tell if it’s self loathing or trolling.
It's f***ing obnoxious. I mean, seriously. We get it you like to see the team fail. There was one Mets fan last year who tried to troll Yankees fans and all the other Mets fans took him to task for it. Otherwise we all get along except for this guy.

Last edited:

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Added pressure on the Mets. I like it. Let BVW put his money where his mouth is. Make some more splashes.

I think Corbin is overrated. Yankees fans should probably be slightly relieved here. They may have dodged a bullet. This sort of smells like a desperation move by the Nats here. Nobody really saw this coming nor did anyone think they’d be involved in the market for a SP. So this might be like Isles hiring Trotz hoping it could convince Tavares to stay now Nats are hoping Bryce stays

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Why don't you just say, "Everything the Mets do is **** and I love to see them fail" and then stop posting about them?

How is it possible to have a fear complex of a team who have been incapable of doing anything for 30 years

He does the same thing in the NBA thread with the Knicks. I can’t tell if it’s self loathing or trolling.

It is not fear complex or hatred of the Mets, I just feel the Mets are going about their offseason moves all wrong. Same with the Knicks I suppose (in reference to ECB's post).

That's the vibe I'm getting with these alleged 'win-now' moves. I guess we'll see how the season plays out.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It is not fear complex or hatred of the Mets, I just feel the Mets are going about their offseason moves all wrong. Same with the Knicks I suppose (in reference to ECB's post).

That's the vibe I'm getting with these alleged 'win-now' moves. I guess we'll see how the season plays out.
Nah this is your thing and has been for as long as I've known you in this thread. You just like giving shit to Mets fans. Like posting an article about Cano, ignoring the parts where it says the surgery was minor and he'll be a full-go for camp, and instead opting to post "Lol". No content, all trolling. You're as transparent as they come, dude. Only when called out do you actually try to converse like an adult.

Reactions: Go Away Staal

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Nah this is your thing and has been for as long as I've known you in this thread. You just like giving **** to Mets fans. Like posting an article about Cano, ignoring the parts where it says the surgery was minor and he'll be a full-go for camp, and instead opting to post "Lol". No content, all trolling. You're as transparent as they come, dude. Only when called out do you actually try to converse like an adult.
In defense of that comment, it is oddly strange that a report of a surgery (even a minor one) comes after the trade. It did say he'll be ready for camp, but I do think that is an area of concern for any player at that age. For example, CC's had work done to his knees this year and it is still pretty concerning considering his age and milage.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
In defense of that comment, it is oddly strange that a report of a surgery (even a minor one) comes after the trade. It did say he'll be ready for camp, but I do think that is an area of concern for any player at that age. For example, CC's had work done to his knees this year and it is still pretty concerning considering his age and milage.
This would be a good post!

"Lol" is a trash post!

But it's cool, not going to be an issue for me moving forward.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think Corbin is overrated. Yankees fans should probably be slightly relieved here. They may have dodged a bullet. This sort of smells like a desperation move by the Nats here. Nobody really saw this coming nor did anyone think they’d be involved in the market for a SP. So this might be like Isles hiring Trotz hoping it could convince Tavares to stay now Nats are hoping Bryce stays

Depends.

If his slider stays what it was he’s an absolute stud. Guys who strike out a ton, don’t walk many and generate a ton of ground balls when contact is made are excellent.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Honestly, $23.3 million isn't #1 starter money anymore and I think he's a good number two. I think his stuff would have translated in Yankee stadium, being that he decreased his 4-seam percentage and his slider/curve percentage increased big time last season, which is the reason for his massive spike in ground ball percentage.

Especially as a lefty in Yankee stadium, we've seen what Happ can do and I think he's better than Happ at this point.

So, yes, I would have.

But if they're holding out for next year's class or a deal for Kluber is in place, I understand then.
How does 140/6 for a 29yo today compare to 160/7 for a 29yo 9 years ago?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

If it was a reasonable deal for 2-3 years max, that could be good for the Mets. RH OF, better at the dish than Lagares. Is either still decent or slightly below average in CF depending on what you look at. I haven't seen the ZiPS projection on him but Steamer has him at 3.1 WAR for 2019, being bullish on him staying healthy.

I have no problem signing him at 31 if the money is right. If the Mets are going to try to give themselves a 3-4 year window, these guys are okay. Granderson was the best player on the 2015 team until they got Cespedes. Uribe and Johnson played big roles. Hell even Murphy was 30. As long as you don't expect the older guys to carry you. Like, if all goes well, Conforto and Nimmo (and Realmuto?) should pace the team. Hell even McNeil could conceivably take Frazier's job and out-WAR Cano if his stick somehow manages to be legit.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
If it was a reasonable deal for 2-3 years max, that could be good for the Mets. RH OF, better at the dish than Lagares. Is either still decent or slightly below average in CF depending on what you look at. I haven't seen the ZiPS projection on him but Steamer has him at 3.1 WAR for 2019, being bullish on him staying healthy.

I have no problem signing him at 31 if the money is right. If the Mets are going to try to give themselves a 3-4 year window, these guys are okay. Granderson was the best player on the 2015 team until they got Cespedes. Uribe and Johnson played big roles. Hell even Murphy was 30. As long as you don't expect the older guys to carry you. Like, if all goes well, Conforto and Nimmo (and Realmuto?) should pace the team. Hell even McNeil could conceivably take Frazier's job and out-WAR Cano if his stick somehow manages to be legit.
I’m still waiting for that bigger move like you mentioned after the Cano/Diaz deal. I do think Pollock would be a great support piece, but bringing in a stud like Realmuto for Rosario would really bolster the lineup. They can get a stopgap SS to holdover until Gimenez is ready.

Great posts t/o the thread today, btw.

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad