Votes: 420 67.5%
  • Keep Marner

Votes: 183 29.4%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 19 3.1%

• Total voters

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Because it's not announced doesn't mean he isn't owning it.
Doesn't mean he is either. And if he is, why not say it?

Whatever, it's Marner who puts his foot in his mouth so often we're used to it and as I've said before, I don't care much what he says, as long as he lives up to his contract on the ice, especially in the playoffs. He's a regular season superstar, still hoping he can get over whatever is holding him back and play like an 11 million dollar man in the playoffs.

If I was in charge, I'd hire the best sports shrink I could find to work with him. Maybe they're doing that already who knows?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Because it's not announced doesn't mean he isn't owning it.
He could be, but it's not what it looks like from the outside. And the outside noise seems to get to him, even if he claim it aint.

Personaly i dont care what he say as long as he becomes more mentaly stable in the playoffs.

I don't want him traded, just to be tougher mentaly, and i belive he can be.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He could be, but it's not what it looks like from the outside. And the outside noise seems to get to him, even if he claim it aint.

Personaly i dont care what he say as long as he becomes more mentaly stable in the playoffs.

I don't want him traded, just to be tougher mentaly, and i belive he can be.
I have no doubt he'll be fine in the playoffs.
Things do get to him, he probably cares too much and he's not the best interview, he'd be better off not saying anything.
Of course, that would just lead to different criticism.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Whatever, it's Marner who puts his foot in his mouth so often we're used to it and as I've said before, I don't care much what he says, as long as he lives up to his contract on the ice, especially in the playoffs. He's a regular season superstar, still hoping he can get over whatever is holding him back and play like an 11 million dollar man in the playoffs.

If I was in charge, I'd hire the best sports shrink I could find to work with him. Maybe they're doing that already who knows?
As soon as you take away time and space from him, he folds.
probably doesn't help he has the build of a 17 year old

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

I think you really overexaggerate marner's response to everything tbh. If you watch the doc from the covid season everyone in the organization acknowledged that Marner takes accountability. Sometimes too much accountability behind the scenes that it he feels like he has to carry the blame for everyone. You and a select few have tried to character assassinate this guy every chance you get, but all we hear is that he's a good teammate, a leader and really wants to win here in Toronto.

He's not good with the media but there isn't any indication that he isn't taking accountability. They all know they played like shit against Florida, they don't have to say it out loud just to make a few fans feel better about themselves.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
regular season one hit wonders paid the highest in the leagye

LOL he's hit 90 points the last 3 times there was a full 82 season schedule. Two seasons ago he had 97 points in 72 games. He missed 10 games and still had 97 points, that's insane.

2019-20 - 1.17 PPG
2020-21 - 1.21 PPG

definitely not a regular season one hit wonder lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Maple Leaf

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think you really overexaggerate marner's response to everything tbh. If you watch the doc from the covid season everyone in the organization acknowledged that Marner takes accountability. Sometimes too much accountability behind the scenes that it he feels like he has to carry the blame for everyone. You and a select few have tried to character assassinate this guy every chance you get, but all we hear is that he's a good teammate, a leader and really wants to win here in Toronto.

He's not good with the media but there isn't any indication that he isn't taking accountability. They all know they played like shit against Florida, they don't have to say it out loud just to make a few fans feel better about themselves.
LOL, this is nothing more than a melodramatic lie. I was pumping his tires basically the entire season until he flopped against Florida, did you miss all those posts? Some of you people, smh.

As far as hearing about him being a good teammate, I have a few questions.

1 - How often have we heard about someone being a bad teammate?
2 - What does being a good teammate even mean?
3 - What's the relevance here, I haven't said he's a bad teammate so why bring this up?

As far as him being a leader, I have a question or two.
1 - What does being a leader mean to you?
2 - How/where did he lead us in the playoffs against Florida, especially in game 3?

As far as him really wanting to win, I completely agree. I'd even go so far as to say that nobody on the team wants to win more than he does and if his playoff performance ever matches his desire, watch out! And that's why I suggest sports shrinking - I want to give him all the help he can possibly get to reach his potential in the playoffs because we all want the same thing, or don't we?

And one last thing - pretty hilarious that you accuse me of "overexaggerate marner's response to everything" - did you miss where I said I don't much care what he says? I suggest reading my posts more carefully before responding. Cheers!

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
LOL, this is nothing more than a melodramatic lie. I was pumping his tires basically the entire season until he flopped against Florida, did you miss all those posts? Some of you people, smh.

As far as hearing about him being a good teammate, I have a few questions.

1 - How often have we heard about someone being a bad teammate?
2 - What does being a good teammate even mean?
3 - What's the relevance here, I haven't said he's a bad teammate so why bring this up?

As far as him being a leader, I have a question or two.
1 - What does being a leader mean to you?
2 - How/where did he lead us in the playoffs against Florida, especially in game 3?

As far as him really wanting to win, I completely agree. I'd even go so far as to say that nobody on the team wants to win more than he does and if his playoff performance ever matches his desire, watch out! And that's why I suggest sports shrinking - I want to give him all the help he can possibly get to reach his potential in the playoffs because we all want the same thing, or don't we?

And one last thing - pretty hilarious that you accuse me of "overexaggerate marner's response to everything" - did you miss where I said I don't much care what he says? I suggest reading my posts more carefully before responding. Cheers!

You flip flop between pumping his tires and calling him mental fragile every week LOL. No one does it better than you

Reactions: Yall are crazy

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Only in Toronto would m'asses' of seemingly low leveled supposed Leaf pendants desire to trade a home grown, most complete, all star, likely hall of fame, makes every teammate better player for an imaginary uprade on RD or salary cap purposes... you all should be giving your head a shake or two or three...

lmfao @ the absolute bafoonary imho

this thread is the antithesis of why Habs and Bruins and league wide fans talk $hit about Leafs fans...

Please one person who voted for 'Trade Marner' give even ONE trade scenario that;

1) makes leafs better (chance at cup)
2) saves cap
3) why trade works for both teams

This thread is telling me, without telling me who can critically watch and analyze hockey 🏒

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Only in Toronto would m'asses' of seemingly low leveled supposed Leaf pendants desire to trade a home grown, most complete, all star, likely hall of fame, makes every teammate better player for an imaginary uprade on RD or salary cap purposes... you all should be giving your head a shake or two or three...

lmfao @ the absolute bafoonary imho

this thread is the antithesis of why Habs and Bruins and league wide fans talk $hit about Leafs fans...

Please one person who voted for 'Trade Marner' give even ONE trade scenario that;

1) makes leafs better (chance at cup)
2) saves cap
3) why trade works for both teams

This thread is telling me, without telling me who can critically watch and analyze hockey 🏒
Marner $11m for Matthew Tkachuk $9.5m a year ago. If you do not agree, it just shows your bias.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Let me guess, the usual boorish crowd found something to complain about from his nothing short q and a today? I suppose I could scroll back but why would you lol.

Reactions: francis246

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Marner $11m for Matthew Tkachuk $9.5m a year ago. If you do not agree, it just shows your bias.

No, it shows you don't understand economics 101+ all the intricacies involved in each player, signing situationally unique contacts...

So you're the GM, who do you trade Marner for???
Since you know it all re: Marner : )

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
No, it shows you don't understand economics 101+ all the intricacies involved in each player, signing situationally unique contacts...

So you're the GM, who do you trade Marner for???
Since you know it all re: Marner : )
Did I not say MT ? Too bad Florida would laugh at that proposal now. Now since you know so much more, please tell us why Florida would make that trade.

So @ToneDog who do you trade Marner for to make Leafs better? Or just use laugh emojis because you zero to back up your "opinions" lmao 🤣
Matthew Tkachuk.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Let me guess, the usual boorish crowd found something to complain about from his nothing short q and a today? I suppose I could scroll back but why would you lol.

Are you calling me boorish or a complainer for having a contrary idea to yours? or do you think you've found some clever loophole to passively bash and insult me on the sly??

You've shown your ignorance by commenting on something while admitting " I could scroll back, but why would you" (*horrible grammar by the way ; )

You can respond to me directly next time... if you're willing to have a knowledgeable and civil conversation... cheers 🍻

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Are you calling me boorish or a complainer for having a contrary idea to yours? or do you think you've found some clever loophole to passively bash and insult me on the sly??

You've shown your ignorance by commenting on something while admitting " I could scroll back, but why would you" (*horrible grammar by the way ; )

You can respond to me directly next time... if you're willing to have a knowledgeable and civil conversation... cheers 🍻
Pretty sure he was not taking a shot at you.

Reactions: francis246

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Pretty sure he was not taking a shot at you.

thank you for your opinion lol
it sure did sound like it to me though...
that was quite the slanderous opinion admittedly based on ignorance...

Florida doesn't trade Tkachuk for Marner so you should have voted to keep Marner lol grass is not always greener, remember that : )

*Tkachuk would not have signed for Florida for 9.5 if they had same income-tax structure and economy as Ontario...

Last edited:

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
it did sound like it to me though...

Florida doesn't trade Tkachuk for Marner so you should have voted to keep Marner lol grass is not always greener, remember that : )

*Tkachuk would not have signed for Florida for 9.5 if they had same income-tax structure and economy as Ontario...

Wasn’t a shot at you! @DarkKnight has been a known Marner supporter. Pretty sure he means the guy I was arguing with

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Not using caps is horrible grammar btw ;) And, I didn't even read what you said, nor have I read this train wreck thread all summer. I just saw the thread at the top and just figured he didn't answer something correctly, guess I was right. Cheers.

Wasn’t a shot at you! @DarkKnight has been a known Marner supporter. Pretty sure he means the guy I was arguing with
I have that one on ignore. I'll note I didn't defend him once since the playoffs. I'll enjoy him this year with an eye on the real prize, ditto 34.

ToneDog

Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
it did sound like it to me though...

After thinking about it, there are only a handful of players I would trade Marner for (not including players like McDavid, Bedard or Makar because I see those players as being untouchable today). That is not taking a shot at Marner or "hating" Marner. I would respond similarly if you asked who would I trade Matty for. Out of curiosity, is there a player you would trade Marner for?

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
After thinking about it, there are only a handful of players I would trade Marner for (not including players like McDavid, Bedard or Makar because I see those players as being untouchable today). That is not taking a shot at Marner or "hating" Marner. I would respond similarly if you asked who would I trade Matty for. Out of curiosity, is there a player you would trade Marner for?

It would be hard but I’d trade Marner for someone like MacKinnon or Brayden Point. Right handed forward with a little more jam. Marner is my favourite player but everyone is tradeable for the right piece. I just want these 3 to just kill it in the playoffs for once so we don’t have to hear the noise.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
It would be hard but I’d trade Marner for someone like MacKinnon or Brayden Point. Right handed forward with a little more jam. Marner is my favourite player but everyone is tradeable for the right piece. I just want these 3 to just kill it in the playoffs for once so we don’t have to hear the noise.
Mackinnon yes but Point 100 percent no!

But avalanche don't do that trade... so....

... yes it would be great if the Leafs can put it together when it counts but problem with the Leafs is not Marner in the slightest, it was Dubas' Keefe's woke ideology... Florida literally bullied their way to a SCF appearance while the Leafs wouldn't even defend a Rookie teammate... hope this years different but there was literally no reason why Keefe didn't play Simmonds when trailing 0- 3 in the Panthers series(at least he would stick up for teammates, even if he only played 6 mins a game like ZAR was) especially after what happend in game 3... hoping that was a Dubas choice rather than Keefe one but that was a pathetic dispay of manhood and brotherhood from last years team imho

Last edited:

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018

Guys I'd theoretically trade Marner for;

McDavid
Draisaitl
Mackinnon
Pastrnak
Pettersson
Rantanen
Tkachuk
Makar
Dahlin

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad