Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Fine, so when 2 of them are gone, the team has an extra 22 million. Pick up their replacements, Stanley Cup we are there.

The problem with this line of thinking is always -- who is available and how much of premium do you have to pay for these UFAs to replace what you lose?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
wow he is still here

No takers at all. Not even Arizona, a rumour Montreal .This is getting better and better. You can not sell him with 100% retention. Untradeable

My sports car is still in my driveway, you know why? I haven't tried to get rid of it... logic and common sense ... is not logic and common sense for everyone.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
My sports car is still in my driveway, you know why? I haven't tried to get rid of it... logic and common sense ... is not logic and common sense for everyone.
Or maybe nobody wants your crappy car. You're too embarrassed to tell the truth about that so instead you lie.

Taking everything people say at face value, that's just dumb and indicates a lack of common sense and an inability to think logically. ;)

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The problem with this line of thinking is always -- who is available and how much of premium do you have to pay for these UFAs to replace what you lose?
So it’s better to keep what you have, don’t trade away draft picks and fill in with the support players you think you will need. So when 11 million in cap space becomes available, it’s all bonus since the player leaving did nothing anyway.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Does it stall or refuse to start in April? If it does, I recommend you find a sucker, I mean buyer to take it off your hands rather than spend thousands on it in hopes it can be fixed and it can keep up with your neighbors' on the highway.;)

Last edited:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Did Mitch waive for some team? Who? Now that would be newsworthy.
Mitch was busy this week making money for his favourite charity. He refused to take hockey questions from the media so I am guessing he was also not taking any calls from Shanny or Treliving.

Now that they are running it back, a better question is when will Tre offer him $13mx8 and will Mitch accept it?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Well if it fails again, I guess they can let 2 of the coe 4 walk. Problem solved. I'd expect we win then afterall they were the problem, correct?
Having an asset like Marner walk away with nothing but cap space in return is derelict.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Mitch was busy this week making money for his favourite charity. He refused to take hockey questions from the media so I am guessing he was also not taking any calls from Shanny or Treliving.
Probably too late. Teams that are interested in him may as well wait until next summer. Why would he waive now to go play on a different bubble team when he can pick his destination in a year or at the TDL.

Reactions: Confucius

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Now that they are running it back, a better question is when will Tre offer him $13mx8 and will Mitch accept it?
Oh Mitch would take that and it wouldn’t surprise me that treliving would offer that. lol. However my feeling is we will be employing a real negotiator this time. Rather than putting a GM up against an agency that does nothing but negotiate contracts.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
That's where people get confused. It isn't that four of them making that kind of money is the problem. The problem is that they don't perform to that level when it counts the most. If they performed to their contracts, and scored at their regular season rates in the post season... they'd go much further. If the PP, which is near tops in the league over the past few regular seasons, performed in the playoffs... well, no problem.

They've gone to game seven time and again... and the difference really has been that our top guys didn't perform. Honestly, we've changed the supporting cast, and it's probably been a good enough supporting cast, if our top four, are performing as some of the best players in the league, in the playoffs... but that hasn't happened. Paying each of these guys slightly less, doesn't change that they haven't found a way to perform when it counts... having one better support player won't make any difference.

Until Matthews, Marner and Nylander find a way to put this team on their backs, and will them to series victories, the rest doesn't matter. If they can't do that, then it's time to start again.
So how much more time do we give them, seeing as how the three of them have already had 6 tries?

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
Not saying you but many here think he is a useless player anyway so no big deal.
Just curious about whether we think he's useless, or that he hasn't delivered when it counts the most? Yes, we can say that about the other two as well, but they are already signed to new deals, whereas Marner isn't (and it hasn't been mentioned by Tre that it was a priority this summer, unlike what he said last summer regarding Matthews and Nylander).

Reactions: HolyCrap

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
"Hfboards sponsor"
" This is meaningless why do you care so much about stick smack puck game"

"Hfboards sponsor"

Make it make sense
I enjoy reading a number of things on HFBoards -- just not many of the threads on the Leafs board. And I enjoy reading them more without ads. So, that leaves me two choices: sponsorship or ad-blocker. I believe a sponsorship helps keep these boards alive while an ad-blocker hurts them. SImple as that.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
That's where people get confused. It isn't that four of them making that kind of money is the problem. The problem is that they don't perform to that level when it counts the most. If they performed to their contracts, and scored at their regular season rates in the post season... they'd go much further. If the PP, which is near tops in the league over the past few regular seasons, performed in the playoffs... well, no problem.

They've gone to game seven time and again... and the difference really has been that our top guys didn't perform. Honestly, we've changed the supporting cast, and it's probably been a good enough supporting cast, if our top four, are performing as some of the best players in the league, in the playoffs... but that hasn't happened. Paying each of these guys slightly less, doesn't change that they haven't found a way to perform when it counts... having one better support player won't make any difference.

Until Matthews, Marner and Nylander find a way to put this team on their backs, and will them to series victories, the rest doesn't matter. If they can't do that, then it's time to start again.
While what you have said is true I sure would feel better is on of the 4 was a great goalie and one was a stud Dman but here we are.
Lol

No. Never. Recently.

Jesus this guy.
That’s all you got for my true statement. I will give you more time to think up a come back……be better

Reactions: Captain Crunch

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Just curious about whether they think he's useless, or that he hasn't delivered when it counts the most? Yes, we can say that about the other two as well, but they are already signed to new deals, whereas Marner isn't (and it hasn't been mentioned by Tre that it was a priority this summer, unlike what he said last summer regarding Matthews and Nylander).
Yeah we’ve heard it all before. He doesn’t deliver when it matters. To me that implies he must be useless. if he leaves for nothing well he never delivered when it mattered so how can we be worse off?

Again that is not what I believe but it is what I read here for the most part. So when the team gets 11 million extra to get a useful player, it’s all gravy, I’m just wondering who the next fall guy will be. lol!

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah we’ve heard it all before. He doesn’t deliver when it matters. To me that implies he must be useless. if he leaves for nothing well he never delivered when it mattered so how can we be worse off?

Again that is not what I believe but it is what I read here for the most part. So when the team gets 11 million extra to get a useful player, it’s all gravy, I’m just wondering who the next fall guy will be. lol!
You really need to change your name to confused. lol. I’m blown away at how that’s what you think you’ve read from most posters. You’re either clueless or trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad