Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yeah Mirtle was on the JD Bunkis show and basically said the Leafs didn't get any good trade offers for Mitch to the point where they didn't even bother asking him to waive because the offers either didn't exist or sucked. So now they're looking at either an extension or letting him hit UFA.

There isn't a market for a small soft winger whose overpaid, wants McDavid money and has 1 year left on an existing overpay, and has a bad playoff track record whose agent is willing to sewer his favorite destination
You guys must get so dizzy from all the spinning you do. :laugh:

Why is it so hard to just be truthful instead of this garbage?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He didn't do that. He tried to get the puck. You just refuse to accept that getting plastered into the boards is in fact not always the best way to get the puck.
Good lord the lies you people tell yourselves.

Its situational. On the first, Marner would have been on the north side of that hit. He would have taken himself out of the play with the puck headed south assuming the hit was a draw. That is pretty stupid hockey. You lay a hit when the puck is headed in the right direction unless you are new.
Dude, I won’t argue it. You know full well he’s being a wuss and is not taking a hit to make a play. Tell yourself whatever makes you feel better.

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yeah Mirtle was on the JD Bunkis show and basically said the Leafs didn't get any good trade offers for Mitch to the point where they didn't even bother asking him to waive because the offers either didn't exist or sucked. So now they're looking at either an extension or letting him hit UFA.

There isn't a market for a small soft winger whose overpaid, wants McDavid money and has 1 year left on an existing overpay, and has a bad playoff track record whose agent is willing to sewer his favorite destination
Who knew…
11x8

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
You know when James Mirtle is finally calling you out for your soft non physical play, the rest of the world already knows.

While it is an affront to call any NHL player 'soft', since hockey is such an overtly physical game, Marner isn't doing himself any favours.

If the on-ice play wasn't telling enough, the analytics are even worse. While Auston Matthews' line was dominant, Marner's was laughably bad.

View attachment 893250

Something needs to change for the Maple Leafs to have a deep playoff run, and it starts with the Marner that makes $10,903,000 annually.

If you want to be paid like one of the best, you'd better play like it! Management is watching!

11 million, to avoid contact and produce 1 g, 3 points in 7 games (8 es shots) and be part of the gwg goal against in game 7.

What a total waste of 11 million in cap space. Essentially paid 11 million to support the opponent.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Incredibly optimistic take for just a 100K raise. I can't picture it happening. This will be the biggest contract of his career that he's been working his entire life for.
A half decent mgmt negotiating team gets that, Mitch isn’t getting much more anywhere else, what more he may or may not get isn’t worth the move.
Sure William got more but William would roll on somewhere else. This is where Mitch wants to be. Time for mgmt to take advantage of the situation

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
13x8 he will not accept anything lower, i will be surprised if he do. This will be a looooooooong season.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
13x8 he will not accept anything lower, i will be surprised if he do. This will be a looooooooong season.
So if it’s you do you move for 92 million (13x7) or stay for 88 million and play for your home team which also happens to be the team you were a lifelong fan of?

And keep in mind you get as much as possible upfront as signing bonus from us, something very few if any other team does.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
So if it’s you do you move for 92 million (13x7) or stay for 88 million and play for your home team which also happens to be the team you were a lifelong fan of?

And keep in mind you get as much as possible upfront as signing bonus from us, something very few if any other team does.
I'd give the team a discount but it is Mitch we are talking about. He's not taking a penny less than Nylander but if he took less, it would buy some much needed goodwill from the fans. Many want him seriously gone.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'd give the team a discount but it is Mitch we are talking about. He's not taking a penny less than Nylander but if he took less, it would buy some much needed goodwill from the fans. Many want him seriously gone.
I’m sure an accountant could show Mitch how he ends up further ahead by getting max allowable upfront. Mitch may not like it but when the time to shit or get off the pot comes, he’ll take it.

Anyway it’s interesting. Lol

Reactions: ToneDog

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
Not if one thinks of himself as a source of all knowledge.

Also why is Mitch still here? Not a single GM thinks Marner would improve them? Tough tit I tell you.

edit: GM be like, let me quickly get rid of two $6M players to accommodate this choker, how many first-rounders for that one-year privilege?
good edit, definitely worth adding to the original post

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
…and yet avoids contact and scrums like the plague. Also, still has a muffin shot.

I don’t get why people keep saying he has a muffin shot. I just watched his goals for the past season, his shot is hard and accurate. It’s not a bullet, but it’s above average and he probably needs to shoot more. I don’t think there is a player who was better at scoring glove high shots last year against goalies. I hope Berube just keeps in his ear, shoot, shoot, shoot. Mitch could get 35+ every season if he just shoots instead of looking to pass. Mitch also has one of the better one-timers on the team. From watching his goals, I hope he gets put in the slot on the PP. he’s way better in that position. Let Nylander be primary puck handler

The one guy who’s got a muffin on the team is Morgan Rielly.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
It's like they race to one up each other with stupidity. What's even funnier is they think they are being clever. :laugh:

Dunning–Kruger effect? I'm no Rocket Surgeon but in my expert opinion ...

giphy.gif

Reactions: ACC1224

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Good lord the lies you people tell yourselves.
You're the one convincing yourself that some common, nothing play is "egregious".
Yup...better to just give possession to your opponent!
Engaging from the outside position is not "giving possession to your opponent". It's trying to gain possession. He tries to block the pass up the boards - which he generally does quite well - and while that didn't work this time, his choice allowed him to pin his opponent and get ahead of him getting back. You'd think if one was resorting to clip hunting, they'd have an actual clip of something bad. But hey, if not getting crushed into the boards for no reason at every opportunity is your line in the sand, then good luck with your 0 NHL players.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
TY, appreciate it! Cool that you were able to do what that notsince67 guy didn't know how to do. :)

So hockey truth is something that just occurs to you and you see fit to challenge people's assertion of studies done based on what exactly?
Do you ever stay silent on any subject you know jack shit about?
Just as I predicted, you are incapable of responding without being insulting. Your OP was worded in such a way that it's not even possible to prove what you're saying, that's the point. You think you're a smart guy, OK then, have a look at what you posted and think about it, maybe you'll figure it out.

Here come the insults ...

…and yet avoids contact and scrums like the plague. Also, still has a muffin shot.
The idea that Marner is one of the stronger players in the league is ridiculous to begin with but even if it was true, how does being strong help when he plays like a weak wuss?

• Love
Reactions: 57 Years No Cup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad