Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Yep... seems realllllly upset. You'd think game 15 just ended by this interview. He seemed a little more upset last playoffs, hmm maybe that was because his NMC hadn't kicked in yet?

Gotta love him saying once again that he thought they had alot of chances the last couple games..."that just didn't fall" lol.

Losers talk about chances that just didn’t fall……..winners talk about actual goals and wins

He seems like a genuinely happy and good guy. I think Marner should fire Darren Ferris lol, start fresh and lose any and all public connection to Ferris/Dad/Dreger.
That would be a start

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Losers talk about chances that just didn’t fall……..winners talk about actual goals and wins

That would be a start

At the end of the day it may not even matter. It’s hard to know but I do feel they will move on him, and find a trade partner

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Bunkis - they are going to run it back with Debrusk. Lol

Suggested they sign him but with a 10 team nmc so they have the option to move him in a year.

You can also retain and pay his bonus making him more attractive.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
At the end of the day it may not even matter. It’s hard to know but I do feel they will move on him, and find a trade partner
I’m with you, I’m even exhausting myself……lol
I just want resolution to the whole Marner thing. I will soon be to the point of not caring anymore, however frustrated I am with the entire core I will still watch every game next year.
The worst thing I did this year was to decide to watch playoff games after the Leafs tanked out. It tough to watch how far we are from being a contending team that the players are committed to doing whatever is necessary to win

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’m with you, I’m even exhausting myself……lol
I just want resolution to the whole Marner thing. I will soon be to the point of not caring anymore, however frustrated I am with the entire core I will still watch every game next year.
The worst thing I did this year was to decide to watch playoff games after the Leafs tanked out. It tough to watch how far we are from being a contending team that the players are committed to doing whatever is necessary to win
The Oilers in the finals could hurt the Leafs marketing the most. Typically Leafs fans don’t watch hockey and now that they are tuned in they’re seeing first hand what it takes to win in the playoffs. This playoff season hasn’t been significantly different than other years, however, with more eyes watching, it’ll be a little more difficult to sell the off-season title this fall.

There will still be many fans putting Leafs as Cup favourites after they draft a can’t miss prospect that will start on the top line, and after they sign a 35 yo bottom pair D man, but overall it’s going to be tougher.

Reactions: hullsy47

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
The problem isn’t Marner himself it’s the contract Dumbass gave him. You just need to use this opportunity to negotiate something that actually works, otherwise let him walk. Some think he will struggle with Berube, I think he will thrive.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Chill out man, give it a f***ing rest for a day. Not everyday has to be this obsession like nonsense.

If he gets moved, he gets moved. No one on these boards has control over that. I don’t think you and the few other posters understand how exhausting you guys are. It’s non-stop, we could say the sky is blue, “Marner shouldn’t look at the sky, looking at the sky is for those with big balls”
Francis, why does it seem you take this stuff so personally? Take your own advice and chillax, Man! We're all Leafs' fans here.

Is it too early for a Sleeman Clear? :D

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
The Oilers in the finals could hurt the Leafs marketing the most. Typically Leafs fans don’t watch hockey and now that they are tuned in they’re seeing first hand what it takes to win in the playoffs. This playoff season hasn’t been significantly different than other years, however, with more eyes watching, it’ll be a little more difficult to sell the off-season title this fall.

There will still be many fans putting Leafs as Cup favourites after they draft a can’t miss prospect that will start on the top line, and after they sign a 35 yo bottom pair D man, but overall it’s going to be tougher.
only free agents that come here will be overpaid .place is gong show

Reactions: Nineteen67

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
How much harder are games 6 and 7? I don't know the answer so I am hoping a mind brighter than mine can tell me in a %, how much more difficult games 6 and 7 are than 1 and 2.

Why don't players try to win all the games the same amount? Seems idiotic to wait until your back is against the wall.
Have you ever head the expression “he is a 5 o’clock hitter”?

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Chill out man, give it a f***ing rest for a day. Not everyday has to be this obsession like nonsense.

If he gets moved, he gets moved. No one on these boards has control over that. I don’t think you and the few other posters understand how exhausting you guys are. It’s non-stop, we could say the sky is blue, “Marner shouldn’t look at the sky, looking at the sky is for those with big balls”

Lol.

All I did was make a simple comment. Not my fault you are somehow getting exhausted by it.

Reactions: myleafs

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Can you explain how much harder games 5, 6, and 7 are than games 1-4? No one can give me a %, that is all I am asking for.
The implication is that he mentally checked out or tightened up to the point of reducing his effectiveness when more was on the line (13 of 16 were close-out games). I'm not inside his head but maybe this isn't the right market for him.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The implication is that he mentally checked out or tightened up to the point of reducing his effectiveness when more was on the line (13 of 16 were close-out games). I'm not inside his head but maybe this isn't the right market for him.

I understand the logic, I don't think it is as simple as posting that graphic and saying "See, he sucks".

That same graphic says Tavares and Nylander are on the same level.

I want to know the degree of difficulty for each game from games 1-7.

For example, using this logic, Nylander is a major problem during games 1-4 and sucks during the "easy" games, where Marner is over PPG and playing amazingly.

How much of an issue is it that Nylander sucks for over 50% of the games?

The graphic does nothing for me and it seems like a lazy way to try to discredit any of Marner's points just because he helped win games earlier in the series, they still count as a win.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
The problem isn’t Marner himself it’s the contract Dumbass gave him. You just need to use this opportunity to negotiate something that actually works, otherwise let him walk. Some think he will struggle with Berube, I think he will thrive.
What contract “works” for you ? He’ll never sign for less than Nylander. He’ll still be 170 lbs. soaking wet under Berube and avoiding contact at every opportunity. The $12M he’ll want can better be used elsewhere.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
What contract “works” for you ? He’ll never sign for less than Nylander. He’ll still be 170 lbs. soaking wet under Berube and avoiding contact at every opportunity. The $12M he’ll want can better be used elsewhere.

Screenshot 2024-06-22 at 1.05.09 PM.png

Shockingly, avoiding contact and being 170lbs is not a huge issue.

I am not saying Marner will find his game the same as Kane, but size queens don't need to get too upset with people's size, there are examples of players like Marner succeeding.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Watch game 7 on Monday and then go watch tape of game 1 of the same series and tell me what you see.
I think for the most part I’d agree, games seem more ramped up the longer the series goes.
I don’t think I’ve noticed it as much this final series though. Every game seems to have the same intensity and I wouldn’t say it’s been over the top.

Lol.

All I did was make a simple comment. Not my fault you are somehow getting exhausted by it.
I think many would agree that most of the comments here are ‘simple’.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
View attachment 885709

I am not saying Marner will find his game the same as Kane, but size queens don't need to get too upset with people's size, there are examples of players like Marner succeeding.
Kane is also a guy who welcomes contact attempts and often puts himself in situations where D are obligated to pressure rather than contain.

One of he big issues with Marner in playoffs is his inability to read the D and pull people out of position

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I understand the logic, I don't think it is as simple as posting that graphic and saying "See, he sucks".

That same graphic says Tavares and Nylander are on the same level.

I want to know the degree of difficulty for each game from games 1-7.

For example, using this logic, Nylander is a major problem during games 1-4 and sucks during the "easy" games, where Marner is over PPG and playing amazingly.

How much of an issue is it that Nylander sucks for over 50% of the games?

The graphic does nothing for me and it seems like a lazy way to try to discredit any of Marner's points just because he helped win games earlier in the series, they still count as a win.
Well he had 3 points in 4 games coming bacc off of severe migraines that were somewhat blinding in games 4 5 6 7 while marner scored in game 4 and was invisible the whole series if were just going off of recent memory so who's to say what would have happened if Willie was able off the hop

View attachment 885709

He's just not patty Kane or even 70% of him in the playoffs when intensity ramps up that guys a game breaker

Reactions: rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad