Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Moving the goal posts if I've ever seen it you will always find an angle huh? The tighter the series the worst mitchy plays I'm a mitchy fan but the facts are the facts imagine if he wasn't playing with matthews you think he'd be plus 10/11 imagine willy was you think he'd be plus 1? That's the difference marners not a defensive wizard he's a solid 200 ft player he doesn't move the needle himself willy produces no matter who he plays with that's the difference marner needs someone to score to grab
Well… explain this, Mathews is a plus 2 while Marner is a plus 10

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don't see how he fits in there. Sitting players out the whole year and miraculous healing them for the playoffs is the opposite of where Marner is effective.
Yea I don't get it either. Vegas targets guys who've either already won or look like they'd be great playoff performers, usually on below market contracts. Marner is none of the above

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I don't see how he fits in there. Sitting players out the whole year and miraculous healing them for the playoffs is the opposite of where Marner is effective.
Maybe we should try that. Sign him to 1 year deals every year (for the season), trade him at the deadline for a good package, enter playoffs.
Rinse, repeat.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Vegas would be an interesting partner.
Theadore and Karlsson are good pieces.
Then sign Marchedsault and Stephenson to complete the culture change

Reactions: Trapper

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Compared to the Leafs, Boston is a great team, however they are flawed and relied heavily on their goalies and I didn’t think they were a Cup contender.
They have to look in the rear view mirror because someone will pass the Leafs in the very near future and they probably won’t have it so easy.

They literally beat Toronto by one goal.

They're both absolute pretenders, the Bruins caught a cold Panthers team in game 1(much like Edmonton did) and then the Panthers proceeded to crush Bruins in 4/5 games.

Neither team is anywhere near contending for a championship, they're likely the two worst teams in the Eastern playoff picture outside of NYI and Washington

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Boston is a bit of a wildcard because they have high end goaltending that can steal a series. But the skaters are below average.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Disinformation is ramping up.

The message needs to be clear: Marner is being traded.

Marner is driving the third line and PP2 if he’s delusional enough to return.

We need to dump an expensive RW and Tre picked Nylander
DF to MM: Hey Paul, if you wanna get some positive press, I might be able to, um, exert some influence for about, say, $20 grand per influencer.

How much you wanna spend?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Boston is a bit of a wildcard because they have high end goaltending that can steal a series. But the skaters are below average.
We are supposed to have high end offence that can steal a series too. Guess our top guys are still learning their lessons

Reactions: arso40

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
It is amusing that some believe HF's have the majority of Leafs fans posting here.

Ain't so.

We definitely have opinionated Leafs' fans here, but hardly a majority, and I'd speculate not even a good sample size to know what the majority of Leafs' fans really want/like.

If you went to a boxing match and asked the fans like boxing and then claimed your survey was representative of the entire populate 19 times out of 20 blah blah blah.

We are the fringe ... and there's nothing wrong with that ... really ...

Against Boston, It went 7 games to overtime and the Leafs had the best 3 forwards playing at less than 100%, with 2 of them missing key games. And the Leafs lost their better goaltender.

As for Boston you can't say they were missing players who are not on their roster anymore than Leafs can say they were missing Hyman, or Kadri, or Sundin. So they weren't missing Bergeron, or Krejci, or Chara or ...

If you asked if I'd like to run this team back healthy against that Bruins squad, yeah certainly. But of course there is no guarantee they'd be healthy, but high ankle sprain, visual migraine, Matthew's revenge, and last stop injury to lose the shut-out while his teammates were celebrating Woll ... so much Leafs.

At least one excuse (reason?) has been replaced, even if the cast remains the same, the director gets to remake it as he sees fit.
Cool story Bro. What about the next 3 rounds?

Cassell

Apr 28, 2024

Attachments

• IMG_6005.jpeg
    IMG_6005.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Gabriel426

57 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Yea I don't get it either. Vegas targets guys who've either already won or look like they'd be great playoff performers, usually on below market contracts. Marner is none of the above
DF "bought lunch" for EF to pump up his market value.

Reactions: JKG33

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
In no way, shape, or form is Marner a fit in Vegas. Period.

EF was talking out of his ass.
Or they just need the real interested teams to think Vegas is in play in order to get an even better deal.
A Dman and a Goalie, hmmm, if only there is another team who can offer that.
Parayko, Binnington, 1st and 2nd?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Marner could end up with his AAV as low as 7 if he’s not careful.

DF’s tanking of Taylor Hall will look minor compared to this.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
I could see Dallas being interested. They're getting older with some young talent. Don't have a deal in mind but Seguin, Pavelski and Benn could hurt their high end talent pool over the next couple seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad