Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I don’t understand. If you want to stay a Leaf and it’s the only place you want to play, why would you play out the year to UFA?

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Every year people always say X great player is a UFA but in reality how many make it to that
All those players you mention I guarantee will be signing with their current team. Losing one of those players would set their current team back to the beginning

Every year UFA’s sign new contracts with new teams. It’s not that unusual.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don’t understand. If you want to stay a Leaf and it’s the only place you want to play, why would you play out the year to UFA?

Would it be a real Marner/Dan Ferris negotiation if he just happily signed a contract in a low profile way that will make the next 10 generations of Marner’s rich instead of turning it into a resentment fuelled process?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Would it be a real Marner/Dan Ferris negotiation if he just happily signed a contract in a low profile way that will make the next 10 generations of Marner’s rich instead of turning it into a resentment fuelled process?
He wanted to last time and Dubas turned him down.
He can't sign this time until July 1.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Which works for me since I want to see Marner leave the team. Sure I don't particularly like him, I'll admit that, but it has way more to do with style of play that I want to see changed. I want the Leafs to become a physical heavy hitting team that doesn't play any of this bullcrap and I see him as by far the largest impediment to that.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Which works for me since I want to see Marner leave the team. Sure I don't particularly like him, I'll admit that, but it has way more to do with style of play that I want to see changed. I want the Leafs to become a physical heavy hitting team that doesn't play any of this bullcrap and I see him as by far the largest impediment to that.
And you would be correct.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Because your agent beat them like a rented mule the last time and told you he can do it again.

Pretty much. l hope management doesn't call his bluff next year. Letting Marner walk might also send a message to the rest of the team.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1717622433093.png

Nothing about this guy should be inviting to Marner.

Nothing.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, they can take their little games and go away.
Matthews signed before UFA. For a guy that says he wants to stay, he’s playing them and bleeding them. Can’t get him out soon enough.
How do you know the team doesn’t want him and the team is just negotiating?

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Matthews signed before UFA. For a guy that says he wants to stay, he’s playing them and bleeding them. Can’t get him out soon enough.
Maybe he'll record us another apology, if it works again.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
exactly, he'll go where the most money's offered, and I can't wait..............

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Mathews signed Aug 23rd, why didn’t he sign July 1st. It’s not even July 1st yet.
Why wouldn’t he just say this:

Brad Treliving on William Nylander’s lingering contract situation: “I’ve stated it any time I’ve been asked: Our sole objective is to get him signed”​

That’s what you say for someone you want to keep long term.
and it cost him 11.5 x 8. Brad is not a very good negotiator. I want to buy that car of yours that’s my main objective…

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Probably, lol! After all the customer is always right, even when they aren’t
Doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s funny to see people interpret it to meet their biases though.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Mathews signed Aug 23rd, why didn’t he sign July 1st. It’s not even July 1st yet.

and it cost him 11.5 x 8. Brad is not a very good negotiator. I want to buy that car of yours that’s my main objective…
Even though you can’t sign until July 1st, Treliving made no secret it was their priority.

You said he’s not a good negotiator. Then you ask why I don’t think he’s using it as negotiating. I don’t because of what you said and he didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad