Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Ha .. this leafs team is such a soap opera
all the constant noise will never end with marner and his agent always negotiating through the media

Reactions: supermann_98

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
The stats say he played in 7 games, scored 4 goals and 2 assists, for 6 total points, with 2 game winning goals, and a plus 3.
Ya pretty good. I'm going off vague memory but I think he had a few points in Game 7. Wasn't much of a difference maker in the first four games. I could be wrong but I do remember that narrative.
If I were to guess he had 1 or 2 points in the first 4 games and then maybe 3 in game 7. A game winner and some other points in game 5/6.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
During the combine, TSN's Pierre LeBrun caught up with Treliving. Obviously, with the Mitch Marner chatter, LeBrun was keen on getting an update, which Treliving was happy to provide.

Judging by his comments, Marner will not be moved for the sake of moving him. The star winger will need to draw a significant return for the Leafs - one that will improve the team - in order for Treliving to pull the trigger.

Treliving acknowledged Marner's no-movement clause, but re-affirmed that the goal is and always was to make the team better.​

Treliving might go to marner and ask him if he wants to go to NameThatTeam.

marner will decide whether the Leafs are permitted to trade him.

Edmonton offers McDavid straight up and marner says no, the answer is no.

• Haha
Reactions: Confucius

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Here are the first 2 comments from that link, interesting when juxtaposed with Marner's comment.

Jenaya:
He is really on his way to become the most hated leaf of all time.

Marie:
The rational side of my brain is telling me I have no right to be mad at the player; I should direct my anger at mgmt for waiting too long to pull the trigger on a trade/giving him a NMC. But my emotional side wants to fire this man baby into the sun.

Mitch (money) Marner:
We're looked upon as gods.

One of these days Mitch, the reality of how fans really feel about you is going to bitch slap you in that smug face of yours.
:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Yep, opinions are fine it's the idiocy used by some (most of which have nothing to do with the play on the ice) to arrive at their opinion that's the issue.
The pot calling the kettle black once again, do as I say, not as I do. Hypocrisy World Champion right here folks……

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Ya pretty good. I'm going off vague memory but I think he had a few points in Game 7. Wasn't much of a difference maker in the first four games. I could be wrong but I do remember that narrative.
If I were to guess he had 1 or 2 points in the first 4 games and then maybe 3 in game 7. A game winner and some other points in game 5/6.
I have to look up, 2013 was a long time ago. So he scored the game winners in game 2 and game 6. Mostly what I remember was the feeling in game 7 that any shot on net against James Reimer was going in. I literally didn't think we were going to make it to OT.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Edmonton offers McDavid straight up and marner says no, the answer is no.
Xo5xMl.gif

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Ha .. this leafs team is such a soap opera
all the constant noise will never end with marner and his agent always negotiating through the media
I’m hoping this pisses off Leaf management, and they start to play hardball with 16. Conn Smyth used to say “if you can’t beat them in the alley, you won’t beat them on the ice…….”

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
I have to look up, 2013 was a long time ago. So he scored the game winners in game 2 and game 6. Mostly what I remember was the feeling in game 7 that any shot on net against James Reimer was going in. I literally didn't think we were going to make it to OT.

I'll never forget my now mother-in-law saying to my now wife, "why is he so tense, they are up 4 - 1?" With about 13 minutes left. That is and will always be more memorable than anything else from that series.

Also I was wrong about his point spread in the series. But I was going off of impression more than anything.

Reactions: socko

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I’m hoping this pisses off Leaf management, and they start to play hardball with 16. Conn Smyth used to say “if you can’t beat them in the alley, you won’t beat them on the ice…….”
It will be a media circus year the longer this goes. Unsigned and unmoved.
Tavares karma? The Winter Soldier will love it.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
they wont do anything. they are too scared of a mgm. group

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Speaking of Kessel, I think he has another lesson for the Leafs. He was paired with Bonino and Hagelin to make a terrific 3rd line for the Pens. And that line played Leafs run and gun style hockey which was always Phils cup of tea. But notice how Phil thrived playing with 2 checkers that filled in for the weaker parts of his game. Phil brought the offense. Phil and Hagelin brought the speed. Hagelin and Bonino brouht the physical game. It all worked out great, my point being that maybe Matthews will thrive on a line like that too, because it sort of looked that way with Domi and Bert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad