Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
What gives you the impression they are afraid?

1717428151830.png

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I don’t think Tre picked Nylander over Marner like he’s some GM of the year candidate.

I think it was just circumstance (dumb luck) that Nylander was up first and he overpaid him for 8 years with a NMC. Probably intended to do the same thing with Marner (and may still).

But then, another 1st round exit and a new suit (Pelley) on the scene changed the narrative. They walked into a press conference with a did message for once.
We could still run it back, I don’t believe these guys until I see it.
It's always best to doubt the Leafs has been my experience too. The Doug Gilmour trade was the best thing that ever happened to this Leafs fan, so I learn to appreciate it but never expect it.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I think it was just circumstance (dumb luck) that Nylander was up first and he overpaid him for 8 years with a NMC. Probably intended to do the same thing with Marner (and may still).
Could very well be. The appetite for change has solidified and the new guy has stopped Shanny from allowing the team to sign Marner.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Lol same old story with Leafs
they make too much $$$$$ to want to make any major decisions
Business first. Winning Hockey team second. That should be there motto next season. At least they would be honest with the fans

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Lol same old story with Leafs
they make too much $$$$$ to want to make any major decisions
Business first. Winning Hockey team second. That should be there motto next season. At least they would be honest with the fans
our motto is on our uniforms.

soft as Milk and as pathetic as TikTok.

we wear our brand.

Reactions: hullsy47

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Friedman just read here more often I said Marner is not going anywhere right from day 1.

Anyway Edmonton is going to the finals, must have a vezina goalie and be a hard ass team…
No they just have a hot goalie and the two best forward in the world. (Plus Hyman)

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Mitch is such an overpaid pain in the butt, that I'm not convinced that even as a prime age UFA people are going to be jumping to sign him. And consider that teams were falling over themselves to get Tavares to sign. I can see his agent saying "he's a UFA boys, who wants Mitch?" And nobody raises their hand.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
No they just have a hot goalie and the two best forward in the world. (Plus Hyman)
Same forwards and goalie they had last year…
Wasn’t skinner replaced by Picard for a game anyway I’m not sure though?

Edit to add .897 save percentage, dam he is hot…

Last edited:

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
If even half of what Friedman said is true, the Toronto Maple Leafs are one of the biggest joke of an orgs in history of pro sports.
I don't understand all the comments about Marner's entourage and the people surrounding him. I don't know why they are of any consideration at all.

Reactions: BraveCanadian

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Do you mean in response to what was written in the article:

The delicate negotiations between player and team aim for a win-win, with the Leafs seeking a beneficial trade or strategic use of cap space. Concerns include fan reactions if Marner remains unsigned and a trade based on emotions like the Kadri trade a few seasons ago, which the Leafs do not want to repeat. They fear Marner could thrive as a great player in a quieter market.

Or based on one person’s opinion here?
"They fear Marner could thrive as a great player in a quieter market".

If the Leafs' Brass thinks like this they should quit right now. I doubt they do, this is just EF speculative BS.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Great player in the playoffs? Or great player in the regular season?
I can buy option 2 to an extent.
If they think option 1, they don't understand playoff hockey.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
"They fear Marner could thrive as a great player in a quieter market".

If the Leafs' Brass thinks like this they should quit right now. I doubt they do, this is just EF speculative BS.
Really discouraging comment from EF. Why would the leafs be telling EF they already fear a bad return that they haven't negotiated yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad