Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
It’s a binary choice, you either sign him to an extension or you have to trade him in the offseason. I’d offer him the Willy contract (he won’t accept it) leak it to the media you offered it to him, and then make him the bad guy when you’re forced to trade him.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
There's not many wingers who can give 90-100 points and his level of defence.

There's a 1% chance he is traded. You have better odds marner figures out his playoff offence issue than to bet on being better without him.
.... he has 7 gwg against causing gafs in the last 4 postseasons, 6 in elimination games and 1 in the critical game 2 vs Florida! There have only been 5 series in that span.How can anyone brag about a players defense, if they are this pathetic in the biggest moments? He's literally almost single handedly crushed the Leafs because of his bad defense!

How many does Tavares and Matthews have?

Reactions: saffronleaf

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
It’s a binary choice, you either sign him to an extension or you have to trade him in the offseason. I’d offer him the Willy contract (he won’t accept it) leak it to the media you offered it to him, and then make him the bad guy when you’re forced to trade him.
What if he does accept? Are you ready to accept 8 more years of playoff losing? No, it's time for change.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
But it's literally the same comment over and over and over and over and over again. The obsession is more instructive than the topic, not you, but man this thread is the worst in garbage mob mentality. It's not about engagement, it's really more a sad study in follower group think. Marner isn't a bad person, a bad teammate, a coat tail riding fraud. Has he underachieved in the playoffs, absof***inglutely? Is his contract worth it? NO. Is the future contract problematic? Yes. Should they look at all options? For sure! Is this thread full of loser human beings I woundn't waste ten seconds hanging out with? You betcha.

Despite contributing to the problem and supporting trading Marner, I agree with you that the discourse re Marner has become unsavory and reflects poorly on those who have helped make it so

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Gretzky didn't have a NMC.
Some guy wants to give 99 to 1 odds he isnt gone by TD. I say Wayne Gretzky could have said no, he didnt though. If Marner wakes up one day and says I want out, he will be gone. Toronto is not guaranteed to re sign him.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I think the turning point in Marner's career with the Leafs was decided by management when we all saw this.

Nylander tells Marner “stop fkn crying” on the bench. Frustration is brewing for the Leafs.​

Marner tossing his gloves and getting called out by Nylander for his immature actions on the bench will be a moment that changed the Leafs future course.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
There's not many wingers who can give 90-100 points and his level of defence.
Now do goals in the playoffs

Then do game 7s

I think the turning point in Marner's career with the Leafs was decided by management when we all saw this.

Nylander tells Marner “stop fkn crying” on the bench. Frustration is brewing for the Leafs.​

Marner tossing his gloves and getting called out by Nylander for his immature actions on the bench will be a moment that changed the Leafs future course.

They are just using that as the justification.

They want to do it regardless of this.

First time I've ever seen Mitch go into a corner
Hahahhhahhhaahahahhhhaa

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
lol and there is no wonder why he just give us the finger and stay one last year and we get nothing.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

As long as we trade him at the end. $11.5M Mitch is not worth the money

Last edited:
Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Some guy wants to give 99 to 1 odds he isnt gone by TD. I say Wayne Gretzky could have said no, he didnt though. If Marner wakes up one day and says I want out, he will be gone. Toronto is not guaranteed to re sign him.
Gretzky didn't have a NMC so he couldn't have said 'no'.

yes if Marner asks to be traded, he would be and there is no guarantee he re-signs, those are all obvious things.
Not sure what someone giving odds has to do with Gretzky.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Gretzky didn't have a NMC so he couldn't have said 'no'.

yes if Marner asks to be traded, he would be and there is no guarantee he re-signs, those are all obvious things.
Not sure what someone giving odds has to do with Gretzky.
99 to 1

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
In general I agree that pride and personal self-worth needs to become a factor.

But let's remember - we are talking about a player/camp that doesn't understand the concept of accountability, and has become very defensive at any hint of negativity, criticism, or him not being the golden child. His "shambles in the brains" likely prevents him from seeing the big picture here.

The more you think about it, his agent and family went for the most money, regardless of Mitch Marner. Everyone was eager for their share. Mitch seems like a good kid, not the brightest. It's not like we are talking about a player taking max and not giving a f*ck afterwards.

Reactions: Tak7

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Who cares. That’s a problem with Leaf fans. Gotta have the better player. Look, we can’t win a round in the playoffs but our player is better. I don’t care if McDavid is better than Matthews or Nylander is better than Aho.
I want our team to be better.
When we can put together a core, build from the net out and start winning playoff rounds, that’s what matters.
Anyone who care about a thoughtful comment instead of specious grenades

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
He himself wants to go.

It’s written all over his pouty face.

He also doesn’t have the balls to play and hold out.

And no one will accept he “wants to be a Leaf” going forward
Why is he having 1 on 1 meetings with the new coach if his plan is to find a new destination this summer? It looks like the plan is to let him play out his contract year under Berube and then see what happens.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Screensho (13).jpg

Reactions: Cleetus

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Tkachuk may very well be better than Matthews, we should have no sacred cows and these little whataboutisms don’t serve our cause if we want the Toronto Maple Leafs to be better as a team.

At the end of the day, I have no time for Marner, and if Matthews doesn’t do the job in the coming years, I don’t time for him either. It’s about the Leafs.
You might not give a shit about Marner but a comment like yours isnt really well thought out. Good luck with your theory that Tkachuck is better than Matthews.

Reactions: ACC1224

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Is that suppose to be meaningful? Wilf Paiment was traded as well which has just as much bearing as Gretzky being traded.
Im here saying I think Marner is gone and that it isnt a one per cent chance. If Wayne can get traded the fact Marner has a NMC in no way means he wont be. Odds are its through his agent and then we sign and deliver him. I dont think Marner is set on staying or that Berube might want to go in another direction with this team. They need a backend way more than they need Marner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad