Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
IMG_8410.jpeg

Berube: did you pick your 10 teams like we said last time ?

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
But it's literally the same comment over and over and over and over and over again. The obsession is more instructive than the topic, not you, but man this thread is the worst in garbage mob mentality. It's not about engagement, it's really more a sad study in follower group think. Marner isn't a bad person, a bad teammate, a coat tail riding fraud. Has he underachieved in the playoffs, absof***inglutely? Is his contract worth it? NO. Is the future contract problematic? Yes. Should they look at all options? For sure! Is this thread full of loser human beings I woundn't waste ten seconds hanging out with? You betcha.
It sure is.... Team Marner demonstrates that quite well...

Reactions: thewave

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Lets hear the argument that Tkachuk is better than Matthews then.
Who cares. That’s a problem with Leaf fans. Gotta have the better player. Look, we can’t win a round in the playoffs but our player is better. I don’t care if McDavid is better than Matthews or Nylander is better than Aho.
I want our team to be better.
When we can put together a core, build from the net out and start winning playoff rounds, that’s what matters.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Are there any other examples in NHL history of an NHL team signing a player to a 6 year deal with a full No Move only for the final year and waiting until that full no move kicks in before trying to trade him?

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Berube folds his arms a lot, is that a guy who won’t listen?I 1st noticed that in that restaurant pic with Shanny and Doane and here they are again with Marner.

Reactions: AvroArrow

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Who cares. That’s a problem with Leaf fans. Gotta have the better player. Look, we can’t win a round in the playoffs but our player is better. I don’t care if McDavid is better than Matthews or Nylander is better than Aho.
I want our team to be better.
When we can put together a core, build from the net out and start winning playoff rounds, that’s what matters.
it's like having a really nice muscle car that can't win a race, pretty much a useless money pit.........

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
How Leaf fans feel watching Marner in the playoffs.
Casper the friendly ghost is nowhere to be seen come playoff time.

1716834835032.jpeg

The more physical the series the more invisible he becomes.

I'd say "Why can't more people see this as it seems so obvious to some", but then in all fairness you're asking them to see and evaluate what is being described as an invisible disappearing performance. :wg:

Then you hear Leafs new coach Berube say in his press conference that he likes "to play a big heavy style game, where his players are held accountable, and expected to play with grit and finish all their checks and go to the dirty areas while playing in traffic to score goals" (paraphrased) , and then the Marner camp responds with ....

1716834995552.jpeg

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
There's not many wingers who can give 90-100 points and his level of defence.

There's a 1% chance he is traded. You have better odds marner figures out his playoff offence issue than to bet on being better without him.

Reactions: Confucius

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Are there any other examples in NHL history of an NHL team signing a player to a 6 year deal with a full No Move only for the final year and waiting until that full no move clicks in before trying to trade him?
No. The Leafs management are a mess. Its not a secret or anything. The organization needs cleaned up and probably a lot of that has to do with the Bell Rogers dynamic.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

There's a 1% chance he is traded. You have better odds marner figures out his playoff offence issue than to bet on being better without him.
This guy is just terrified of contact in the playoffs. Either he learns how to play the game like Martin St.Louis/Patrick Kane in the playoffs, or he'll keep failing.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Berube folds his arms a lot, is that a guy who won’t listen?I 1st noticed that in that restaurant pic with Shanny and Doane and here they are again with Marner.
I think it's number one

1. The person is closed off and not interested in what you have to say.
  2. The person is unsure and may need more convincing.
  3. The person is comfortable and confident.
  4. The person is nervous and trying to make themselves small.
  5. The person is angry and trying to intimidate you.
  6. The person is cold.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
View attachment 876295

Berube: did you pick your 10 teams like we said last time
Marner is furtive, he is unsure and is tilting his cup in an angle that suggests a lack of direction. He's wearing a cap, it helps maintain composure and privacy away from prying eyes

Berube is folding his arms. His patience is frayed, he begins to understand the flaws in the team and is looking straight and sure. He already knows the answers to the questions he asks. He knows when he's being told answers that he "wants to hear".

Yes I am kidding and yes I'm full of it

Reactions: Kazparov

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Marner is furtive, he is unsure and is tilting his cup in an angle that suggests a lack of direction. He's wearing a cap, it helps maintain composure and privacy away from prying eyes

Berube is folding his arms. His patience is frayed, he begins to understand the flaws in the team and is looking straight and sure. He already knows the answers to the questions he asks. He knows when he's being told answers that he "wants to hear".

Yes I am kidding and yes I'm full of it
Mercury is in retrograde, so Berube folding his arms is actually an indicator of love and acceptance for people who's names contain the letter M. Mitch Marner double dips on this, so we can expect to see Marner in a Leafs jersey again next year.

I asked my wife what "Mercury in retrograde" means, but she told me I'm a Capricorn so I wouldn't understand.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Lets hear the argument that Tkachuk is better than Matthews then.

Tkachuk may very well be better than Matthews, we should have no sacred cows and these little whataboutisms don’t serve our cause if we want the Toronto Maple Leafs to be better as a team.

At the end of the day, I have no time for Marner, and if Matthews doesn’t do the job in the coming years, I don’t time for him either. It’s about the Leafs.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

I'd love to be able to bet against those odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad