Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

This f***ing fanbase man.. Holy shit. LMFAO

Leaf fans:
1716436815237.jpeg

It’s like they have a one season memory.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He’s going to quite easily become the highest or second to Matthews in points in maple leaf history. I don’t like it but I bet the leafs end up giving him whatever he wants. It’s a real shame he got paid so much last time.
If we trade him this summer, it's quite possible that Nylander passes him in points by this time next year (he already has more goals).

Willy is already eighth all-time in GWG?

Reactions: arso40

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
If we trade him this summer, it's quite possible that Nylander passes him in points by this time next year (he already has more goals).

Willy is already eighth all-time in GWG?
Yeah you're right. We're quite possibly looking at top 3 of all time by the time Matthews contract is up. Matthews and Marner have both said in interviews they want to do great things here (I'm also still waiting past regular season) I'm just having a hard time picturing him leaving. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Reactions: arso40

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Bleeding hearts of the world unite!

Give me a break we've accomplished nothing. Throwing baseball money to lock in these results is what Dubas did and thank God he's gone
Unfortunately I’m not convinced management has learned their lesson.
The buzz with this year is team. I believe our core has been more about themselves than team. That’s why someone needs to go. Words about team and everyone matters are just words. Make the change and show it.

We are not winning, you will not be re-signed and you won’t hold us for 12 + million.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Looking forward to any one of the high 5 other than JT saying how excited they are to have a coach who’s going to focus on team and hold everyone accountable.

Then I will start to feel better.

I am Simultaneously terrified of us moving Mitch, eager to see him rejuvenated under our north-south coach and ready to drive him to the airport myself.

Man we get a lot of drama for our buck with this team.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
His talent only shows up in the regular season, and he's overpaid. If they can trade him without being stuck with too much dross in return, fine. Otherwise, as with Tavares, letting him walk may be the best thing for the team.

This x 1000.

Sure he racks up points in the regular season, but the guy is a ghost come April. I highly doubt a big shiny new contract would somehow turn Mitch into a somewhat serviceable player in the post-season.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Run it back and most likely lose in round #1 or most likely lose a trade for Marner and not having to pay him $100m? Hmmm.

We are 1-8 in the playoffs with Marner in the line up folks.

Food for thought. The Panthers have beaten Vasi, and Swayman, and if they can beat Shesterkin three more times, they get a date with Oettinger. We have been goalied in 8 of 9 series.

You cannot run it back folks.

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
He needs out of Toronto.
Toronto needs to move on.

He should realize his next contract will be less if he plays one game for Toronto next year. He won't handle the heat well, the media will pounce, he'll fall apart under the pressure. His next contract will reflect his poor play.

He's ridiculous if he thinks he can play through this and do well. Since his agent is a shit show. I expect Marner to do stupid things.

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
The media is reporting the Leafs aren't actively talking about Marner trades.
Should I be worried ?

I guess the smart move for the team is to wait for July 1st ?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Do those happen in the NHL?
I dont believe we actually have to do the sign and trade. Someone can correct if I’m wrong.
Because he has 1 year remaining, the team that gets him can give him 8. Like Dubois in LA. Marner and his agent would just need to approve the trade and agree to work the extension.

The media is reporting the Leafs aren't actively talking about Marner trades.
Should I be worried ?

I guess the smart move for the team is to wait for July 1st ?
Tre confirmed that his only focus was getting a coach. Now that he has Berube, he said his focus along with Berube and Shanahan (I’m sure) is going through the team top to bottom. That’s what we were told. I’m sure Tre was waiting for his coach to work together on trades and roster improvements.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Tre confirmed that his only focus was getting a coach. Now that he has Berube, he said his focus along with Berube and Shanahan (I’m sure) is going through the team top to bottom. That’s what we were told. I’m sure Tre was waiting for his coach to work together on trades and roster improvements.
+Like.

Sorry my Likes are taken away as I posted Matrix text.

1716468200056.png

Like that hurt anyone.

And its kinda cool that it is possible.

HFBOARDS/Leafs is heavily moderated.

Bring back Zeke and Coach for next season !!!!

Reactions: Nogatco Rd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad