Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Why would you do that when you know damn well you cant resign marner and now you've lost a perennial 90 point player for nothing?

I mean,.it may not be something I'd necessarily do at this point, but they might.

They technically have the capspace and have a president who is obviously a big fan.

I think there's a reasonable chance he's moved this offseason, but it's probably only like 45-55% it happens. Folks are acting like it's a 100% lock to happen, which obviously isn't really supported by anything tangible (yet) other than speculation

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Unfortunately the Marner trade rumours look like they are entirely speculation or made up lol.

Just curious to the thread creator though; it is a thread with a poll about trading Marner and then proceeds to be snarky about people discussing the subject. Everything is redundant about the offseason. Should we all collectively stop participating until we get news?

We're all bored here. No need to take shots at users in your own thread.

Better yet, be brave and make a less wordy poll. Do you want Marner traded
-Yes
-No
This is what pollsters do. Create polls with ambiguous options then spin the results given in a way that supports the desired results of the company/org/person that commissioned the poll.

Polling 101.

The OP has an OBVIOUS agenda, for those who care to look.

One makes 3 million, plays physical and fights
The other makes 11 million, doesnt play physical and dances.

5v5 season stats:

720 minutes with Marner
Matthews total points/60 with Marner: 2.75
Matthews total goals/60 with Marner: 1.58

206 mins with Domi
Matthews total points/60 with Domi: 4.93
Matthews total goals/60 with Domi: 3.19

Remember... it has been Marner boosting Matthews stats the last few years and Tavares in 2019.
HATER! Facts suck!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
This is what pollsters do. Create polls with ambiguous options then spin the results given in a way that supports the desired results of the company/org/person that commissioned the poll.

Polling 101.

The OP has an OBVIOUS agenda, for those who care to look.

HATER! Facts suck!
Agreed it was very clear that the OP @ACC1224 wanted to create this thread so he could have control of the narrative and how it was presented. Hence the title and the poll options

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Do a full body bow instead.

Way funnier.

giphy.gif

We are not worthy. We are not worthy.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Unfortunately the Marner trade rumours look like they are entirely speculation or made up lol.

Just curious to the thread creator though; it is a thread with a poll about trading Marner and then proceeds to be snarky about people discussing the subject. Everything is redundant about the offseason. Should we all collectively stop participating until we get news?

We're all bored here. No need to take shots at users in your own thread.

Better yet, be brave and make a less wordy poll. Do you want Marner traded
-Yes
-No
Ya I was kinda wondering about the motivation as well as far as the creation of this thread.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
He had a rough series this year and overall in his career hasn't been as effective as you would like in the playoffs but saying he's useless is quite an exaggeration. He has 50 pts in 57 playoff games, not great for someone like him but also not terrible.
sounds like our leafs playoffs motto.... 'not great for a team like ours but not terrible'

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Going to guess there will be some callers. Leafs may play it in a discussion with Mitch that a team is offering an extension of $x for 8 years (number will need to be in the 13mm+ range to do this). The return to the Leafs also needs to be really good. They can say straight out that they are offering no more than 12.5mm if he wants to stay. Slightly above the cap% he currently has assuming a 92mm cap when the new contract begins. Whatever happens, it will likely get settled this summer one way or another.
I would be surprised if this is allowed to go into the new year. Highly likely that Marner will continue to be a Leaf next year.
Are you out of your mutha effin mind?

myleafs

May 25, 2021
He's never hit 100 points.

He's absolutely guaranteed to hit 100 pts if he's here next year - time to lay that bet heavy.
Berubes style and demands may bring better team success at the cost of personal stats which is fine for 34 and 88 but it could be detrimental to Marners quest for another massive payday. I mean any payday he gets is gonna be massive compared to the 99% but not as massive as I think he will aim for. Thats what him and his will care about imo.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I mean,.it may not be something I'd necessarily do at this point, but they might.

They technically have the capspace and have a president who is obviously a big fan.

I think there's a reasonable chance he's moved this offseason, but it's probably only like 45-55% it happens. Folks are acting like it's a 100% lock to happen, which obviously isn't really supported by anything tangible (yet) other than speculation
I think he’ll be traded, I think they’ll let JT ride out his deal and see if he has a good year and whether he’s open to a extension for peanuts, if not git along little doggie git along………

That’s not happening.

Mitch is clueless if he think he’s being resigned.
All it takes is the Leafs saying there’s no place for you going forward, nothing personal, it’s just business………

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad