Salary Cap: Mitch Marner Contract Discussion Part VIII | We Waitin'

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Either Dreger is making **** up to get attention, eyeballs and clicks from fans (it's working, here we are discussing it) or Marner and his camp are truly insane. Giving a winger $13M per year is insane. We'll take the picks, enjoy your life wherever you end up, Mitch.
Marner's camp could also just be feeding Dreger lies about what they heard would be offered for Marner around the league. It is embarrassing none the less that someone would report that as if it has any credibility

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Marner's camp could also just be feeding Dreger lies about what they heard would be offered for Marner around the league. It is embarrassing none the less that someone would report that as if it has any credibility
Yeah it's pathetic either way. Getting really old. Just f***ing sign already or tell us you want to leave and we'll ship your ass out.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So Marners camp has leaked (apparently) that 10x5 is what he wants.

There will be at least a half dozen offer sheets tendered to him at 10.5x5. Who's to say if he signs it but we're in a tough spot to accept that with Rielly needing a deal done before that ends, not to mention Matthews.

Understand leaf fans, that at 10.5, we only get 2 1sts a 2nd and a 3rd. Small price to pay for Mitch if you have the space.

Personally I'd have 1 more sit down with him and very clear that I'm moving on of he doesn't sign.

If you acknowledge that compensation is very low for a player of Marner's calibre (and I agree), then why wouldn't the Leafs match it?

The Leafs could match that and get more for Marner literally at the trade deadline of the final year of the contract, plus 5 years of production.

Reactions: The Magic Man

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If we’re talking about taxes in places being nice, let’s talk about how far the USD will go in Canada

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Because i am a Leaf fan, i am rooting for Dubas in this negotiation, because that is what is best for the Leafs. If Marner signs, i will root for Marner, and i will lobby that Dubas find a good way to make due with whatever $$ are left. So for me, it is not Marner vs. Dubas, it is what works for me as a fan. I like cheering for good players, it is fun, so I will continue to root for the good players we have.

My issue with Dreger is that he is cheerleading for why Mitch should be pissed off that he is not being offered what Matthews was. I understand a lot of people feel Marner is as good as anyone in the league. i respect that, but i disagree. Love the kid, but seriously, this is not like being a center scoring 40 goals before i'm 20. It's just not. There should be no comparison between these two, and the part about it the bothers me is that it indicates they are unhappy with the pecking order on the team. At some point, they either accept it or they move on.

If Mitch is upset now that some fans are chirping him on twitter, he truly has not understood what's about to happen if he keeps the leafs at bay for a while longer.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If we’re talking about taxes in places being nice, let’s talk about how far the USD will go in Canada

The gap isn't anywhere near as bad as people make out, if you've got an excellent accountant and lawyer you'd be amazed how much money you can save yourself

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
We'll gladly take the cap space and fine tune other areas if it's going to get ridiculous. Just let us know kid.. we'll be okay without you

Reactions: kb

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Because i am a Leaf fan, i am rooting for Dubas in this negotiation, because that is what is best for the Leafs. If Marner signs, i will root for Marner, and i will lobby that Dubas find a good way to make due with whatever $$ are left. So for me, it is not Marner vs. Dubas, it is what works for me as a fan. I like cheering for good players, it is fun, so I will continue to root for the good players we have.

My issue with Dreger is that he is cheerleading for why Mitch should be pissed off that he is not being offered what Matthews was. I understand a lot of people feel Marner is as good as anyone in the league. i respect that, but i disagree. Love the kid, but seriously, this is not like being a center scoring 40 goals before i'm 20. It's just not. There should be no comparison between these two, and the part about it the bothers me is that it indicates they are unhappy with the pecking order on the team. At some point, they either accept it or they move on.

If Mitch is upset now that some fans are chirping him on twitter, he truly has not understood what's about to happen if he keeps the leafs at bay for a while longer.
Is that happening?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Lol I was spreading rumours on the main board a while ago that a team was going to offer sheet Marner at 14x5 as a joke.
I heard that today at MC from a few people. Speculation is Rangers strongly considering a 13M 8 year deal for Point to make him highest paid player in league. It is not a Marner rumor. But I don't believe it. It seems far fetched to me. I can't see anyone giving up 4 1sts for either Marner or Point.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Darren Ferris also represents Sandin correct?
No.... Rasmus Sandin's agent is Lewis Gross from Sports Professional Management Agency.

William Nylander's agent of record is Lewis Gross.

SPM Clients | Sports Professional Management Agency

Rasmus Sandin

anti-c.jpg

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Looking at the agents board I just found out that Drew Doughty is his own agent. Signed himself to a 11 million dollar deal. Wonder if Paul and Marner decide to ditch Ferris and go with Paul as the Manager.

Insert "I'm a Paul (Marner) Guy" T-Shirt for Mitch in his next advertisement.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Some GM views Marner as the best player in the league? Good way to lose your job. Won't happen

Some coaches have given him that kind of praise to be honest. Honestly, I think Marner might have a better reputation around the league than he does by our fanbase.

Kid is a star.

Reactions: ACC1224

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
That sucks rocks too
Atleast the young defenders market hasnt changed as drastically as the forwards. Sanheim got a 2 year bridge deal which for RFA forwards like (rants, marner, aho, boeser, point) seems impossible. We should hopefully have less difficulty signing sandin as defender break out later than forwards most often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad