Salary Cap: Mitch Marner Contract Discussion Part VII | The Saga Continues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
If someone gives Marner 12.5M and gives us four first rounders, so be it.

I’ll be crushed. I really will. Emotional even.
If it comes down to that...I agree you just have to let him go. It would royally suck to lose Marner, but just can't pay him that much. Fingers crossed that no matter what nonsense his agent or father tries to push on him, that he just turns down signing any offer sheets. In the end he's got to make the decision about where he wants to be next year.

Hopefully it gets resolved sooner than later. Would suck for this to drag on.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Love the guy, but let's not pretend like last seasons numbers had nothing to do with playing with Tavares either.

Definitely shouldn't be getting Matthews money, and if someone gives him big dough on an offer sheet, take the picks.

That said, I think they'll figure it all out.

Reactions: supermann_98

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I'm feeling a strange sense of ease after the Marleau, Kapanen and Johnsson updates. The Leafs didn't even know how much money they have available till other things fell into place, and still won't know exactly until the salary cap gets announced. But we know we have the space, and we have cap certainty with regards to the other RFAs. The only question mark on the roster now is Zaitsev (and for all we know they might already have something worked out for him for July 1st.)

I think it gets done in the next few days.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Elite pk? Lol, ok. We saw his elite pk abilities on full display in game 6 against Boston. Shouldn't factor pk at all in the conversation. Pk is a dime a dozen skill. Can be done by scrubs like Hyman and Brown.

If only Gretzky was better at the PK...:sarcasm:

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015
I'm feeling a strange sense of ease after the Marleau, Kapanen and Johnsson updates. The Leafs didn't even know how much money they have available till other things fell into place, and still won't know exactly until the salary cap gets announced. But we know we have the space, and we have cap certainty with regards to the other RFAs. The only question mark on the roster now is Zaitsev (and for all we know they might already have something worked out for him for July 1st.)

I think it gets done in the next few days.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-salary-cap-set-at-81-5-million-for-2019-20-season-1.1327040

81.5 mil

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

There's a 90% chance I'll be happy. Very few teams making that offer sheet would piss me off

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
He’s going to sign again, all the RFA’s will sign with their current team. We do this offersheet dance every year, and nothing happens.

Reactions: Vintage93

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

What? No way is that crushing, some idiot wants to pay marner to be mcdavid, something he will never come close to. We take our 4 1sts and start shopping them. Marner isn’t even worth $11m

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
What? No way is that crushing, some idiot wants to pay marner to be mcdavid, something he will never come close to. We take our 4 1sts and start shopping them. Marner isn’t even worth $11m
Lol. Going to bookmark this one.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast

I think he should come in 3rd highest Leaf behind Tavares and Matthews. Somewhere under.

Reactions: dsred

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think he should come in 3rd highest Leaf behind Tavares and Matthews. Somewhere under.

Yep that’s a fair spot for him. There are more than a few posters here who seem more than happy to make him the highest paid player in the nhl, yet he isn’t even the best player in the leafs. It’s funny

Reactions: SAMCRO44

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
hey look everyone it's Nylander saga V2

just like everyone predicted

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I just hope these kids know what they are signing up for. It's not all jubilation and the fans expect to cash these big cheques with results. Things get ugly pretty quick if they can't deliver their end of the bargain.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
hey look everyone it's Nylander saga V2

just like everyone predicted

Except for people weren't making a big deal of the Nylander situation until he didn't show up to training camp.

Wayyyy too early to compare it to the Nylander situation.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Except for people weren't making a big deal of the Nylander situation until he didn't show up to training camp.

Wayyyy too early to compare it to the Nylander situation.
People had Tavares to focus on vs. Nylander.
They didn’t care too much if it was August.

Marner is the last man standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad