Salary Cap: Mitch Marner Contract Discussion Part VI | Marner Reportedly Turns Down 8 Year Term

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Dubas should bring him a #16 home sweater with the C on the right shoulder, and just say "c'mon Mitch you know you want it, lets' do it!"

problem, as they say, solved!

Marner has lost the privilege of even being considering IMO. This behaviour is not captain material, especially not in Toronto.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Lou offer sheets Marner and he signs and the Leafs don't match, it will become a great rivalry. I really hope we beat them in the playoffs 6 years in a row in game 7 with the Tavares game winning goal.
Love it
But even though they had their season i dont see ny as a playoff team

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
like an arizona or nj? I wouldn't mind that.

AZ would likely become a playoff team with Marner. They barely missed last season with the most injuries in the NHL (if not among the most) and those injures were to key players, not their 4th liners. You add Marner to a healthy Coyotes team and they absolutely make the playoffs.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I stand corrected then. I just don't remember it getting like this at all.......
tbh I think the stress of the possibility of losing Marner has a lot to do with it

Nylander is likeable sort of and only sometimes, but Mitch was born to be a Leaf, and a Leafs Captain at that

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Dubas should bring him a #16 home sweater with the C on the right shoulder, and just say "c'mon Mitch you know you want it, lets' do it!"

problem, as they say, solved!

You would give him the C after this mess as a negotiation tactic?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am starting to believe more and more that he will be playing for somebody else next season. On the flip side, other RFAs have not signed either. This one seems more toxic, though.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
What if we traded him to Columbus for Werenski or Jones? They need to rebalance their forwards and we need defense. That would be fine. Then spend the cash savings

No way CBJ moves Jones for Marner. I don't think they would move Jones for anything to be honest. He's f***en incredible.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm going to say a whole lot of nope on Marner being captain. He should be happy if he comes out of this situation as a Leaf at all. There's a solid list of guys ahead of him before you even consider Marner for that spot anyways.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Negotiations were kept quiet with WN and AM. This has been a ****-show by the marner camp
Willy told his buddies what was going on and why he was not at camp. and it filtered out to many people around team and affiliate teams. but then it went totally quiet during season.
Matty never said a word about numbers to anyone. and it was totally quiet. a total pro. all he said was things were going to get done.
I think a lot of BS being stirred now is click bait by TV hockey insiders trying to get interest as Rogers applying a lot of pressure to them to get stuff as hockey TV numbers nosedive. I have not heard a thing and I am friends with Paul for many years. I did hear that Shanny specifically asked for this negotiation to be LID tight which is why he went to 1st meeting himself. since then ZIP. If his camp does start to publicly make statements then I would worry because that will be Mitch's last day in Toronto. so I am still not worried although I do believe there is a divide. and if things pass July 1st oh well that's life. I have thought for some time now that we can't have 4 forwards with 40M+ in AAV. It just does not work in CBA.

Reactions: dsred and SAMCRO44

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
If Marner feels insulted by $10.5 million per season I’m fairly confident that Rantanen, Aho, Point, Laine, Tkachuk, Barzal next year and Pettersson the year after won’t.
Wait. Dreger said 11MM or more is not part of the discussion yet you throw out that Marner is insulted at 10.5. Seem to me you are just making stuff up here trying to illicit a response.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
c'mon man it's Dreger, you know it's all speculative horse-puckey
Yeah so Dreger is saying Marner is not asking for 11 and the last clickbate was that there was a feeing that Marner would only get 11 if he signed for 8 so I guess it means that Marner is asking for 11 right

Maximus74

Mar 5, 2006
Ontario
Kid put up monster numbers with JT and now wants to be the highest paid winger in the game. Why is it always the Leafs that end up with the greedy me first guys? I love his game and want him to be a Leaf, but if it is true he turned down 8 x 11 he can get the frack out of here....

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
c'mon man it's Dreger, you know it's all speculative horse-puckey
You have it bang on correct. If either Dubie or Marner publicly breaks the cone of silence then it will be either's last day with da Leafs. so that is when you should worry because it means the end is very near. Shanny does not talk that much but when he does it is with a HUGE stick.

Reactions: therealkoho

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Willy told his buddies what was going on and why he was not at camp. and it filtered out to many people around team and affiliate teams. but then it went totally quiet during season.
Matty never said a word about numbers to anyone. and it was totally quiet. a total pro. all he said was things were going to get done.
I think a lot of BS being stirred now is click bait by TV hockey insiders trying to get interest as Rogers applying a lot of pressure to them to get stuff as hockey TV numbers nosedive. I have not heard a thing and I am friends with Paul for many years. I did hear that Shanny specifically asked for this negotiation to be LID tight which is why he went to 1st meeting himself. since then ZIP. If his camp does start to publicly make statements then I would worry because that will be Mitch's last day in Toronto. so I am still not worried although I do believe there is a divide. and if things pass July 1st oh well that's life. I have thought for some time now that we can't have 4 forwards with 40M+ in AAV. It just does not work in CBA.

well realistically 3 x 11 at forward doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad