Prospect Info: Mitch Marner (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwalk

Mar 25, 2006
AJAX
He has real good hands.

Reminds me of Rob Schremp.

Similar numbers with the Knights too.

Marner plays nothing like Schremp did IMO . Marner is way more cerebral and sees the ice way better than Schremp ever did . Schremp was pretty one dimensional even though he racked up
some pretty good numbers in junior .There 's no comparison in my books .
Yakupov would be a better comparable for Schremp.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Marner has some of the best hands and vision I've seen. He just needs to get bigger and show up earlier in big games. Imo he has been one of Canada's best forwards in the mix with Strome, Barzal, Point.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Marner has some of the best hands and vision I've seen. He just needs to get bigger and show up earlier in big games. Imo he has been one of Canada's best forwards in the mix with Strome, Barzal, Point.

Point? He has not been one of our best forwards

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I know the NHL/AHL-CHL have a deal, but is there anyway we could have Mitch playing in the ECHL next season?

mikebel111*

I know the NHL/AHL-CHL have a deal, but is there anyway we could have Mitch playing in the ECHL next season?

I dont think so and even if we could, thats a bad idea IMO

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Honestly, Marner has not impressed me this tournament

What is with you guys? So what if he hasn't impressed in the first 3 games. He has hardly been playing bad, There has been a lot of line mixing in the first bit but he's been right there. There were about 2-3 chances that he spoon fed the forward in the slot and they muffed it.

The kid has hardly been playing bad at all. To be honest the whole team is a bit of up and down, there doesn't seem to be a lot of chemistry right now. And more then anything I blame the coaching for that.

I also find it funny as how people are saying he is dominating the OHL but he won't do it at the NHL. He's a bust because he's not dominating the WJC, any excuse under the sun to whine and complain ****ing leaf fans are the most brutal fans in any sport out there.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Marner's hockey sense and hands are brilliant, he's a really agile skater as well.

I would like to see better execution in his passing game though. He sees the ice very well but his passes are often just a little bit off, at higher levels they have to be perfect.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Honestly, Marner has not impressed me this tournament

10 goals in 3 games as a team ,no one looks great ,strome gets a junior b goal or canada might be in tough .
marner is a good player ,lowry needs to put him with some of those qubec league guys ,or in retropspect TIMOSHOV AND ALEX NYLANDER .....
its not strome and marner that are the problems ,its lowry has to find some natural goal scores ,and anthony mantha type real quick
poor coaching IMO this year ,hasnt helped

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
What is with you guys? So what if he hasn't impressed in the first 3 games. He has hardly been playing bad, There has been a lot of line mixing in the first bit but he's been right there. There were about 2-3 chances that he spoon fed the forward in the slot and they muffed it.

The kid has hardly been playing bad at all. To be honest the whole team is a bit of up and down, there doesn't seem to be a lot of chemistry right now. And more then anything I blame the coaching for that.

I also find it funny as how people are saying he is dominating the OHL but he won't do it at the NHL. He's a bust because he's not dominating the WJC, any excuse under the sun to whine and complain ****ing leaf fans are the most brutal fans in any sport out there.

Wow, you're dramatic. All I said was that he hasn't impressed me and you freak out.

Relax

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Wow, you're dramatic. All I said was that he hasn't impressed me and you freak out.

Relax

Not freaking out, just stating a fact. plus it was a blanket reply as you could see I never directed most of that post directly at you. But your not impressed over a 3 game span? He's got 3 points in 3 games, his plus minus is second on the team. He should have at least 2 more assists he fed 3 gimmies in the slot and they were muffed.

It's easy to look at a player and fault him but he looks like hes still adjusting to the more space and the bigger ice surface. Also trying to find some chemistry with his line mates, it's gonna come just have to wait because he's still producing he's battling.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

If he has to spend another year in London, so be it. It's not the end of the world. Domi did and it was the right decision.
Look at the positives:
1. Another year to get stronger.

2. Chances are Dvorak goes to the NHL (or at the very least AHL since he will be 20), leaving Marner the chance to move to center full time in his last OHL year if they want.

3. The opportunity to play for the WJC again next year. Returning players are good for the team.

4. It's unlikely the Leafs are going to flood the NHL club with 8 rookies. Marner is a year younger than Nylander (who will probably make the team). It's not wise to just throw Marner/Nylander/2016 pick/every other rookie on the big club. Work them in slowly. Next years Leaf team can feature the return of JVR/Bozak, another line comprised of Grabner/Kadri/Komarov, and Willy taking the reigns on the 3rd (in place of Holland). It protects the kids and gradually introduces them.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
So far in the WJC Mitch is not looking like the future 1st liner that everyone thinks he will be. He gets a -C grade so far.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Marner is OHL dominant, but the real determination is if he can do those things in the NHL next season. The kid has been lights out in the OHL environment for a year and a half now, but he wasn't fantastic in camp (the way Nylander and Rielly were) and we'll have to see about the WJC's. If he's ready he makes it. If he isn't, I don't mind the OHL again, if only to buy time for him to mature.

The nation's plan as outline here is to graduate Marner, Nylander and other prospects, acquire Stamkos and then win the Cup in 2016/17 (or worst case 2017/18). Its Leafy and real. GSG & GLG.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
So far in the WJC Mitch is not looking like the future 1st liner that everyone thinks he will be. He gets a -C grade so far.

That's because Mitch is playing like he's in the OHL. Every move over exagerated. Every shift going for the highlight reel. He needs to mature his game. He's got all the skill in world, he has the fight and the defensive awarness. Less is more. You don't pull out all your moves every time on the ice. Somtimes just the simple play, sometimes a drive to the net, sometimes setting up zone time and play and then sometimes the fancy moves. He needs to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad