Prospect Info: Mitch Marner (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Not overly impressed with Marner so far. He shows flashes of his skill, but looks soft and gets knocked off the puck easy. The one Suisse defender behind the net knocked him on his backside rather easily. There was multiple times I saw him fall to the ice randomly without even be provoked.

He creates more chances than every fprward minus Strome and Barzal and is one of the only forwards who consistently plays defense. He's 18, I'm sure next year he'll blow people away if he goes to the WJc.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
One of the best players on the ice, its too bad his linemates are trash.

If he keeps it up, he will be in the NHL next season. He was impressive today. While the size guys like Strome were invisible for most part

None of our players played well today. Saying hes the best isnt saying much.

And I completely disagree about Strome. Hes been Canada's best player the whole tournament, including exhibition games.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

If he keeps it up, he will be in the NHL next season. He was impressive today. While the size guys like Strome were invisible for most part

I'm not sure what game you were watching. You could flip that statement, and be on point, though.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
To be honest the team Canada 19 year olds have been terribad. All the good players are 97 born.

And that's why this team likely won't win..you can't have your 19-year olds especially guys like Virtanen who already have NHL experience to be ghosts. You're not going to win tournaments like that.

I said this yesterday but last year was a unique year, we had a ton of "vets" 19-year olds on that team like Duclair, Domi, Ritchie, Reinhart, Fucale I could go on and on. This team is mostly 18 year olds who are small..they're having big issues dealing with the bigger players so far.

mikebel111*

None of our players played well today. Saying hes the best isnt saying much.

And I completely disagree about Strome. Hes been Canada's best player the whole tournament, including exhibition games.

Strome had flashes but he was invisible again. Needs to be better and looks like a puck hog at times

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I like Marner out there but I'm not sure how this player will be ready to play in the NHL next season he is a ways away physically. I think Hunter and co realized this when they picked him and won't rush him he will be back in the OHL next season again imo.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Man what a frustrating to game to watch for marner. Friggin point was killing every play for that line. Then when marner would finally get the puck it was almost like he was trying to do too much. Thought he still played well and was definitely the best player on his line. The overtime was very frustrating too, I think he touched the puck maybe one time when he's probably one of the more dangerous guys 4on4 in that game. just get him the ****in puck through the neutral zone! Strome looked good again

mikebel111*

I'm not sure what game you were watching. You could flip that statement, and be on point, though.

I was watching the game and Strome was ineffective. Marner was better. Overall Strome has been better in the tournament but by little

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
just like last year, kids got all the skill in the world...just gotta keep getting stronger

mikebel111*

I like Marner out there but I'm not sure how this player will be ready to play in the NHL next season he is a ways away physically. I think Hunter and co realized this when they picked him and won't rush him he will be back in the OHL next season again imo.

Yes I love people who talk in absolutes and say like they know everything. Marner will be evaluated in training camp.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008

Come on... Strome was great today. I don't think Marner was trash, but he has a few bad habits that will need to be ironed out before he can be a top 6 NHLer. I'm not sure he will get the chance to do that in the OHL either, so it's a matter of NHL or not next season. I'd love to see what Babcock can do wih him, but I think that depends on how much weight he puts on this year... he's clearly a late bloomer, and gets knocked off balance a bit too easily.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Man what a frustrating to game to watch for marner. Friggin point was killing every play for that line. Then when marner would finally get the puck it was almost like he was trying to do too much. Thought he still played well and was definitely the best player on his line. The overtime was very frustrating too, I think he touched the puck maybe one time when he's probably one of the more dangerous guys 4on4 in that game. just get him the ****in puck through the neutral zone! Strome looked good again

Marner was a trailing Chartier on the left side and would have been able to cut in the middle or cycle the puck a little bit, but Chartier chose the low percentage shot near the bottom of the left circle, and he completely missed.

Those are the sort of mind boggling plays this team has been doing all game.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Marner was a trailing Chartier on the left side and would have been able to cut in the middle or cycle the puck a little bit, but Chartier chose the low percentage shot near the bottom of the left circle, and he completely missed.

I Donno what he's doing out there with chartier in the first place. Shoulda had him out with barzal rather than Virtanen

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008

Agree. There's not much of a team game going on... I'm not a fan of this coach, but im not sure if this can be tagged on him or not.

mikebel111*

He's looking at Marner's play through homer glasses

If Strome was a Leaf prospect, he'd be drooling at this point and ripping Marner to shreds

No your looking at with hater glasses. I guess you just dont like to learn. Shouldnt you be in CBC right now?
See how that works;)

Stop drooling over Strome, I know he is good but he was invisible. See how that works again. Sorry but its true Marner was good today. Time to face facts

mikebel111*

Come on... Strome was great today. I don't think Marner was trash, but he has a few bad habits that will need to be ironed out before he can be a top 6 NHLer. I'm not sure he will get the chance to do that in the OHL either, so it's a matter of NHL or not next season. I'd love to see what Babcock can do wih him, but I think that depends on how much weight he puts on this year... he's clearly a late bloomer, and gets knocked off balance a bit too easily.

Strome was good in flashes, and yes Marner is weak strength wise I agree, but issue is people are acting like he will be this weak in camp next season, he will get stronger

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
No your looking at with hater glasses. I guess you just dont like to learn. Shouldnt you be in CBC right now?
See how that works;)

Stop drooling over Strome, I know he is good but he was invisible. See how that works again. Sorry but its true Marner was good today. Time to face facts

Marner was fine, but the whole team did not support each other. Marner's game relies on puck support from the rest of his teammates and that was non existent today. Strome made a few good cuts to the middle and had some good looks. He's less of a playmaker so doesn't rely on line chemistry as much.

I'd say Marner was one of the better forwards today but the whole team looked like trash.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
See how that works;)

I think it's time to take the blue tinted glasses off my friend.

Strome has been very good all tourney.

mikebel111*

If William plays next game, it will be a nice showdown

Hopefully Marner continues his strong play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad