Prospect Info: Mitch Marner (continued)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Love Marner, great prospect, but I think he's been playing very poorly so far this game. Trying to beat guys one-on-one, which he's good at, but failing. Not finding his teammates well, just looks nervous and out of sorts.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Love Marner, great prospect, but I think he's been playing very poorly so far this game. Trying to beat guys one-on-one, which he's good at, but failing. Not finding his teammates well, just looks nervous and out of sorts.
Marner settling in, playing much better in the second half of the game since I made this post. Played quite well on that PP as well (where he had the assist on Strome's goal).

Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Canada won't win if Marner isn't on his game. As soon as Marner starting playing his game his line actually looked good. Marner was disappointing offensively in the first 2 periods but was solid defensively. As long as he picks it up for the medal round we still have a chance.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Marner was amazing in the 3rd.
That's an exaggeration, but he was good in the 3rd, and was one of the better players on the team overall this game. More turnovers and lost puck battles than I'd like, especially in the first half of the game, but was still one of the better players on the ice.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Marner is great at carrying the puck. I thought he was fine (as in not great) but then had a great latter half of the 3rd.

You can see the talent. He's good and will get better no doubt :)

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
That's an exaggeration, but he was good in the 3rd, and was one of the better players on the team overall this game. More turnovers and lost puck battles than I'd like, especially in the first half of the game, but was still one of the better players on the ice.

Agree. He was bad first two periods but was better in the 3rd and did well to create space for Strome. He was good and much better then first 2 periods, wouldn't have called him amazing by any stretch.

For better or worse, gotta put game 1 behind us. Let's just hope he plays good next game from start :)

Northernguy10

May 26, 2013
Timmins Ontario
He's going to be a good one.

As Marner gets older he'll learn when to shoot and when to pass when he has little time and he'll also learn when to make the simple play and when to get fancy. He's like a lump of clay that simply needs molding without taking away his creativity.He looked nervous and rushed things in the first two periods today. He just has to get his mind and body in sync which he will do.

HockeyAndWings

Dec 18, 2006
Wasn't able to catch the 3rd period, but it seems Marner was a little nervous and sloppy during the first 2 periods.

He seemed to be trying to do too much by himself, and needed to utilize his teammates more and sometimes play a simpler game. His positioning could improve a bit in the offensive zone. He was also getting outmuscled and lost a lot of 1-on-1 battles, and needs to strengthen up.

Leafsbeast*

Marner was amazing in the 3rd.

People saying this everywhere.

NO, NO he was not amazing. He was good.....for half the 3rd.

Needs to be much better and a very disappointing game from the chair I was sitting in.

Stop being gaga leafs nation.

Our golden boy played a terrible first and second with a bunch of turnovers. Good half 3rd.

Thats just a realistic view of what actually happened. No blinders. No blue Koolaid.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

Needs to be much better and a very disappointing game from the chair I was sitting in.

Our golden boy played a terrible first and second with a bunch of turnovers. Good half 3rd.

Thats just a realistic view of what actually happened. No blinders. No blue Koolaid.

Op exaggerates play on certain players all the time, good and bad.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
Marner was terrible in first two periods. He was benched for few minutes in 2nd and got back in end of the period. I'd say his last shift in the 2nd period was turning point. It wasn't amazing, but he started turning it around. 3rd period was good, but I hope he can be better. You'll need him. I don't think you can win this tournament with Virtanen, Point, Barzal and Crouse.

Dermott was good in 3rd, he wasn't used that much in the 1st and 2nd period, but in 3rd he played more and was good.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto

I would agree with this, his play in the 3rd was just more "Marner-like".

He will bounce back, he always does. He is not the type to play many back-to-back crappy games.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Marner was terrible in first two periods. He was benched for few minutes in 2nd and got back in end of the period. I'd say his last shift in the 2nd period was turning point. It wasn't amazing, but he started turning it around. 3rd period was good, but I hope he can be better. You'll need him. I don't think you can win this tournament with Virtanen, Point, Barzal and Crouse.

Dermott was good in 3rd, he wasn't used that much in the 1st and 2nd period, but in 3rd he played more and was good.

Marner was fine! You can't criticize him around here. ;)

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

solid player :yo::yo:

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
thanks for telling it like it is with no blinders and no kool aid, Leafshero

I don't think ANYONE has much of a problem with some solid criticism..... It's not kool aid, it's the posters that ONLY bash Marner/Nylander that bug people. Some people got nothing good to say at all, which is just as insane as someone on the kool aid!

Takes a while, but eventually you learn who are the posters that actually think for themselves, and that criticism is actually taken seriously. Some people are just trolls, and those opinions are either ignored, or have a massive backlash from posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad